Votes: 5 3.1%
  • Other West Team

Votes: 6 3.7%
  • Other East Team

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Do we disregard since it was a regular season series :nerd:
I know I certainly don't. Some folks in here don't think it matters though because games against other teams are more important.

There isn't a single person Lopez can guard on the Celtics roster other than Baynes. He's going to get the Embiid treatment whenever he's out there, and he's far worse of a defender.

The question posed to him was who was the toughest cover.

It's just not up to you to determine that.

Your stats don't change the answer.

Kyrie wasn't the only omission, he didn't mention Steph either according to your post. Do you think Kemba and Westbrook are more difficult to guard than Steph?

Berry Trammel said "If David Stern was still commissioner he would have nipped this in the bud", in reference to the Westbrook situation.

He proceeded to call Adam Silver soft in comparison.

:rofl:

Richard Jefferson was asked for his opinion on this on Sportscenter and basically said that Trammel is looking for people to blame for Russ not talking to him/ answering his questions.

Very astute analysis from Richard if we're being honest.

If a grown man doesn't want to answer your questions, you kind of have to accept that and just move on from it.

He's crying about it every single day and while a lot of people are mad at Russ and think that he is wrong, the real clown here is Trammel.

Maybe Trammel should find another job since he hasn't been effective at this one.

Bill Plaschke of the LA Times asks terrible questions and has written a trash column for 25 years running but somehow he hasn't had players tune him out in the way that Russ has done to Tramel.
Westbrook acts like that to all reporters though.

Shaq once said that Big Country Reeves and Rik Smits were some of the hardest players he had to guard

Barkley always says that McHale was the hardest player he had to guard

AI said the toughest player for him to guard was Baron Davis

Sometimes who’s actually great / better isn’t the same as who’s the hardest for that particular player to actually guard.

Y’all never been up against hoopers who you know not that nice who you know you better than but for some reason just get off when they play you :lol: **** be frustrating as hell

The Pat Bev types was always my Achilles heel. All up in your grill, play extra physical, get up under you so you scared to bust your ankle landing on them SMH

Kyrie wasn't the only omission, he didn't mention Steph either according to your post. Do you think Kemba and Westbrook are more difficult to guard than Steph?

He mentioned Steph on the pod and went into a little detail about what its like guarding him and why he doesn't talk much trash to him most nights, and he ramps up the talk for other guys.

That particular podcast series is probably the best sports podcast out right now and I'd highly recommend it to everyone who loves the game in this thread.

If you feel like it just listen to the pod. If not, thats cool too.

I'm not gonna debate what the man said with you any further. His opinion is not subject to your agreement.

Last edited:
Well one would think that would be intuitive considering the award is for the finals series and not the playoffs.

indeed true but some folks talk as if steph’s average play vs the clippers rules out a potential fmvp run

Cue the swaggy p confused gif

Pat Bev been cool and reaf af from the jump. He's just one of those guys that's annoying if he's not on your team. He gets a bad rep, which is understandable.

tony allen, draymond, bev, rodman, bruce bowen all cut from the same cloth

I could also see the line of thinking where Pat actually guards Kemba, Dame, Russ 1v1 far more than he guards steph. Steph does so much off the ball, and PnR w/Dray and stuff like that, that really it's a team effort when guarding him, not a 1 on 1 thing.

It's not like Pat has to stop steph, the team has to try and stop steph.

Back
Top Bottom