NBA Off-Season News Thread: Roy extends 80/5, AI to Grizz, Chandler/Okafor swap, Marquis to C's.

Man, ya'll hate on Pose. I'd take that guy on my team in a second. I'll trade you Artest right now for him.

^you trippin cp.
and i hvnt watched many minny games last year, but dude is hot garbage imo.
if NO sign him,
smh.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

[h2]Boston ContemplatedDavis For Moon Deal[/h2]
Jul 16, 2009 10:14 AM EST

bos_40.gif
Three league sources close to negotiations confirmed that the Celtics explored a now-dead sign-and-trade deal that would have sent Glen Davis toMiami in exchange for restricted free agent Jamario Moon.

Because both players fall into the base year compensation category, making any trade difficult to complete, the idea didn't materialize.

Via Boston Herald

Boston Celtics, MiamiHeat

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets

[h2]Knicks Set ToOffer Miller $5.8M For One Season[/h2]
Jul 16, 2009 10:11 AM EST

nyk_40.gif
Donnie Walsh is close to delivering Andre Miller a formal offer for the one-year, $5.8 million midlevel exception, feeling there is a chance ofstealing him. The Sixers will not offer Miller more than a one-year deal.

Miller will be 34 next season and the Sixers are going with youth. A Sixers source said Philadelphia general manager Ed Stefanski is talking to severalteams about sign-and-trades but has yet to hear from the Knicks. The source said it is doubtful the Sixers and Knicks could reach a sign-and-trade deal.

Via New York Post

i think the matt barnes deal was before they offered gortat all that money. doubt orlando has any more money to spend on anyone now

Originally Posted by UCLAMIKE

warrick is worth a 1st round pick?

Probably not
laugh.gif
. Kyle Lowry was worth a first rounder from Houston, so Iwould think so. The guy can score buckets, just isn't consistent.

I don't understand all the hate for Posey either.

And bangdak, Carney is overlooked. The guy just haven't had the right opportunity yet. I would love to have him as a backup behind Rudy in Memphis. Hehas the tools to be a solid 3 in the league.

Originally Posted by heat23

[h2]Boston Contemplated Davis For Moon Deal[/h2]
Jul 16, 2009 10:14 AM EST

bos_40.gif
Three league sources close to negotiations confirmed that the Celtics explored a now-dead sign-and-trade deal that would have sent Glen Davis to Miami in exchange for restricted free agent Jamario Moon.

Because both players fall into the base year compensation category, making any trade difficult to complete, the idea didn't materialize.

Via Boston Herald

Boston Celtics, Miami Heat

Read the Full Story Discuss Send Feedback Buy Tickets
smh.gif
.... HELL NO

Rumor goin round the Laker thread, LO 4 years 36 mil to stay in LA, not sure of the source, but this is a rumor thread.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif

if we dont get odom... i would sign A.I. a 1 year contract and if that the boozer trade goes through

a.i.
wade
beasley
boozer
J.O.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Rumor goin round the Laker thread, LO 4 years 36 mil to stay in LA, not sure of the source, but this is a rumor thread.
laugh.gif

nerd.gif
So Buss made the offer available again?

smh.gif

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

Maybe the Hornets will make a signing someday.

I'm not asking for much. One from each group would suffice:

Linas Kleiza
Von Wafer
Rodney Carney

Hakim Warrick
Chris Wilcox
Leon Powe
Uhm no thank you, they dont need any backcourt help. I would take possibly Chris Wilcox for the back court. And no the Hornets are not that stupidto make that trade not only would that put them in a further financial bind they just wouldn't do it. Peja is going no where and neither is T.C. Maybe nextyr they will consider moving them but not this yr. And word around town is BS may consider starting JuJu and have Peja come off the bench. If he can play wellit would be a great strategic move.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

smh.gif

It's quite possible that it's some Laker fan with a twit who put it out there, I'm tryin to find somethin concrete, but no luck so far.

Rotoworld.

[table][tr][td] [table][tr][td]
LAK.gif
[/td] [td] Heat offer Lamar Odom five years, $34 million[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][/table][/td] [td]
right_corner_player_news.gif
[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
pixel.gif
[/td] [td]
NBA_Odom_small.jpg

The Heat are reportedly offering free agent Lamar Odom a five-year, $34 million contract, which adds a year to the Lakers' longest offer but falls far short financially.

Odom wants a five-year deal at $10 million per season, and he just turned down two seemingly market-value offers from the Lakers (three years at $30 million, and four-years at $36 million). Whether he'll settle for the mid-level exception remains to be seen, but it doesn't hurt that he's reached an impasse in negotiations with L.A. Jul. 16 - 12:19 am et
[/td] [/tr][/table]

This is what I'm seeing.....

Originally Posted by pinoy baller

saw it on TLN that LO is agreeing on a 4yr - $36M offer to stay with the Lakers.
not official yet, but i sure hope it's true!!!

holdenmichael wrote:

Here's a more recent tweet:
36 million with LA; from one of our staff members @thelakersnation -- just a rumor, but good to hear.
3 minutes ago from web
I hope it's true.

Originally Posted by Blazers21NTNP

laugh.gif

nerd.gif

smh.gif

It's quite possible that it's some Laker fan with a twit who put it out there, I'm tryin to find somethin concrete, but no luck so far.
I hope so... I hate all this Twitter business now that it's the off-season. So many fake accounts & rumors started by any Joe.

That Heat offer is far from what he was looking for, but it may be the best that's out there for him.

[h1]Jazz Will Match Portland's Offer To Millsap [/h1]

Jul 16, 2009 7:28 PM EST

Millsap_Paul_uta.jpg
The Utah Jazz will match the Portland Trailblazers' offer sheet to restricted free agent Paul Millsap, a person with knowledge of the negotiations tells senior writer Ken Berger.

The offer, said to be at four years for $32 million, lays the groundwork for the Jazz to trade forward Carlos Boozer.

Millsap, a third-year forward, averaged 13.5 points and 8.6 rebounds last season.

Via CBSSports.com

Back
Top Bottom