NBA Pre-Draft Measurements and Combine Results

I think all Gunna is saying is that Beasley is gonna have to put in work to be as dominant on the next level as he was in college. No matter how talented youare, being 6'8" at the 4 spot is gonna be tough. Players who have been dominant at the PF position (over the past 25 years) who have been6'8" or shorter, have come a dime a dozen. I'm not saying he can't be a success, but it's not a given that he is gonna turn out to be a20/10 type of player.

As I've said before, I have a suspicion that Beasley is gonna go #3 in the draft.

Chuck was on another level. There will NEVER be another 6'4"-6'5" PF to DOMINATE like he did....word to Chris Porter.

If anything, Beasley could turn out to be a better version of Rasheed Wallace.

How many short College PFs who were beasts in school has the NBA exposed?? ( Fizer, Byron Houston (
laugh.gif
), Corliss...)

Gunna you can definitely make a case for Big Nasty (Pre Derrick Coleman fight). But players like Brand, Maxiell, Charles Smith are all undersized for their positions but know how to get it done with their strength and athleticism. Beasley has range on his jumper which is going to force defenders to come out and stick 'em and we all know he can finish when he takes it in.

I don't know how my response ended up in the quote box.

Beasley will be fine, he has the all around game to succeed at the next level.

Like many others I think Mayo may be the most NBA ready of the bunch and could make the best immediate impact.

Beasley = CBooz x 10 imo which could be pretty good in the L
hell if CBooz can get 20/10 in the L Beasley should be better
Best Case: Barkley with a better J
Worst Case: Corliss

laugh.gif
Thank you DoubleJ
as I said, I didnt compare their skill set, I am saying the outcome could be the same (bust status)

Beasley is alot closer to being the next Charles Barkley than Marcus Fizer.

... If thats how U see it, cool.

How many Great under 6'8 PFs are playing in the League right now? _______

I gotta see it before I believe it

there is no comparing barkley and beasley.

and im not saying that because barkley is a hof'er

but with 4 to 5 inches of difference in height their games are automatically going to be drastically different. not to mention that height difference bridgesthe gap between standard guard height and forward height. even a 4-5 difference in the opposite direction would have been better.

i dont know where people got that comparison from.

when making amatuer/nba comparisons the basis of the comparison has to be a player of similar size/build and skill.

reminds me of coleman.

Since when is 6'8" undersized for the powerforward? It's like slighty undersized for the powerforward posistion if anything. Beasleyhas a +5 wingspan(7'0''), and huge hands to compensate for those two extra inches you'd like him to have. He's also a freak athlete.

Miami currently has Udonis Haslem starting at powerforward. He's the same exact SIZE as Beasley. Yet he holds he holds his own everynight as a role playerwith a limited skillset (not even in the same stratosphere as Beasley).

Hell, Shawn Marion, 6'7'' 220lbs played powerforward with PHX in a gimmick small ball system the past couple years, and put up 18-10, and 21-10.

Guys like, Carlos Boozer, David West, and Antawn Jamsion are not even that much bigger than Beasley(And considering that Beasley is only 19 years old, it'snot unfathomable that he can't grow another half inch). Yet they put in work, production wise no problem (And Beasley compares to each of them skillswise).

laugh.gif
He's not that SMALL. Like seriously, unless you're under6'6" with alligator arms, your're not undersized for any posistion on the basketball court not named center. And hell Al Horford started at centerfor the Hawks in the latter part of the season and put in work(and he measured 6'8 as well). I mean at the end of the day, it's not how big you areit's how big you play. Beasley's skillset is really up there.

on another note:
.............Davon Jefferson will be LUCKY to get drafted
smh.gif

draftexpress:
he came out measuring 12% body fat. A guy that clearly looked like one of the best athletes in the NCAA for most of the season seems intent on doing everythinghumanly possible to tank his draft stock-lifting the 185 bar just twice, running very poorly in the lane agility and ¾ court sprint, and to add insult toinjury, measuring out an inch and a half (6-6 ½ in shoes) shorter than he was listed at USC. He showed almost no competitive fire when things mattered at thepre-draft camp. For a player who was never going to impress anyone with his skill level or intangibles

How much of your talking up of Beasley has to do with the fact that your team is in a position to draft him?

Just curious.

He's going to be a star...6'8 will be plenty for him. His positioning is one of the best parts of his game.

Originally Posted by Kiddin Like Jason

How much of your talking up of Beasley has to do with the fact that your team is in a position to draft him?

Just curious.

laugh.gif
ALOT. Not even going to front. Shiet,aint that obvious?

But regardless, I'd still be partial to him in terms of acknowledging his skillset. There's a reason the kid has been the consensus number 1 prospectfor nearly the entirety of the college ball year, except for like two weeks where Rose went bonkers in the tourney.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

laugh.gif
Thank you DoubleJ
as I said, I didnt compare their skill set, I am saying the outcome could be the same (bust status)

Beasley is alot closer to being the next Charles Barkley than Marcus Fizer.

... If thats how U see it, cool.

How many Great under 6'8 PFs are playing in the League right now? _______

I gotta see it before I believe it
I'll give you an underrated big that he could be like.
Antawn Jamison.

Since when is 6'8" undersized for the powerforward?

when your 6'8 235 that is undersize for a PF

Dade,

6'8" has always been considered small for a PF....You brought up a good point about his wingspan, but in comparison, one of the biggest knocks onElton Brand when he came out of Duke was his size. Obviously, his wingspan made up for his lack of height, but his size was in question. 6'8" is notgreat size for a dude playing the 4. Yes, there have been people to buck the trend like Boozer and Brand, but to have the 23/10 success like some of youenvision for him won't come easy.

It's funny how things are looked at in the NBA, but there is a huge difference between a player who measures at 6'9" over someone who is6'8". Not to mention, Beasley was listed at 6'10" during the season I believe. I'm not 100% certain, but I think Elton Brand was alwayslisted at 6'8". I'd be curious to see what his actual measurement was during the draft process....

also, what were Horford's exact measurements?

His offensive game is already better than Boozer or Brand tho..

He's gona make a good living on the perimeter as well

Am I the only one who think Derrick Coleman was really nice at his best...I don't know if Michael Beasley will have the same effect on the court

Originally Posted by Q46totheE

also, what were Horford's exact measurements?

al measured 6'8.75 without shoes and 6'9.75 with shoes.
interestingly enough, he's 6'10 according to nba.com

and i definitiley see the comparisons between beasley and antawn jamison.[table][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]