NBA Pre-Draft Measurements and Combine Results

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

Its just like the NFL combine, the size measurements are the only super important thing.
I have said from day one that Mike Beasley wont be able to guard a 3

As i have said too...he will HAVE to play the 4...and it could work for the right uptempo team HINT Sonics
imagine that line up Durant 6'8", Green 6'8 and Beasley 6'8
smokin.gif

Kevin is taller than both Jeff and Mike.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

His offensive game is already better than Boozer or Brand tho..

He's gona make a good living on the perimeter as well
His perimeter game is the ONLY thing better then boozers or brands

Originally Posted by chozin87

Am I the only one who think Derrick Coleman was really nice at his best...I don't know if Michael Beasley will have the same effect on the court
Nope, U aint, DC had the most Game Ive ever seen in a single Human being, Handle, Passing, Post game, Boards and Long Range Jumper
Dude should have been one of the greatest of all time

His offensive game is already better than Boozer or Brand tho..

He's gona make a good living on the perimeter as well

On the perimeter yes. In the paint no

Doublejs, Brand's arms are like really ******ed. Like he has something like a 7-5 wingspan. Real stuff, he can scratch his knee without hunchingover....
laugh.gif

And for some actual accurate pre-draft measurments, these are some guys who were discussed in the post or with similar body style/makeup whom produced atleastat an adequate level/quality starter that I found for comparison sake, This is directly from Draftexpress's database....

Left to right: Height(w/o shoes)-Wing Span-Max Vert

Horford: 6'8 3/4, 7' 3/4, 8'11, 35''
Okafor: 6'9 3/4, 7'4, 9'2 1/2, 34''
Bosh: 6'10 1/4, 7'3 1/2, 9'1, 33''
West: 6'8 1/4, 7'4 1/4, 9'0 1/2, 31.5''
Haslem: 6'6 3/4, 6' 10, 8' 10, N/A
Stoudemire: 6'8 1/2, 7'1 3/4, 9'0 1/2, N/A -(Amare)
Wilcox: 6'8 1/4, 7'1, 8'11 1/2
Boozer: 6'7 3/4, 7'2 1/4, 9'1 1/2, N/A

And an interesting quote from Jon G on the subject:

-Michael Beasley's measurements aren't that bad

A lot of people gasped at first when they saw Beasley measuring in at just 6-7 in shoes. Looking further though, you see that he has a very good wingspan and standing reach, similar to
Al Horford's (7-0 ¾, 8-11). His combine numbers tell us a bit about the combination of strength, speed and agility he brings to the table, which will help him as a rebounder and, hopefully in time, as a defender.

Lol @ people making a big deal about his height...he's like the same damn height as David West, Boozer, and Brand...all whom are all-stars and is way aheadof all three of them then they were at his age.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Lol @ people making a big deal about his height...he's like the same damn height as David West, Boozer, and Brand...all whom are all-stars and is way ahead of all three of them then they were at his age.

That's what I'm sayin. But we'll see.

He can put the ball on the floor and pass better than those two...

you can say yes, their post game is obviously better...but that might be the only thing they got on him.

But that's their bread and butter along with a 15ft jumper....and their proven in the NBA....but skill wise, collectively...Beasley is bringing more to thetable as of right now, imo.

Originally Posted by GUNNA GET IT

Originally Posted by chozin87

Am I the only one who think Derrick Coleman was really nice at his best...I don't know if Michael Beasley will have the same effect on the court
Nope, U aint, DC had the most Game Ive ever seen in a single Human being, Handle, Passing, Post game, Boards and Long Range Jumper
Dude should have been one of the greatest of all time

Just making sure I'm not buggin in my memory of DC...Beasley is just not the same type of basketball player as DC...wasn't DC 6'11 too...IfBeasley had DC talent I would gladly take him with the first pic...but he doesn't so I really hope the Bulls take Rose and call it a day

Originally Posted by Bigmike23

all those players came into the NBA built like a OX something beasely will not be doing

Brand and Boozer did...and they both had to lose weight anyway. David West is is 240 right now...5 pounds heavier than Beasley. He also has huge shouldersand is well defined so adding weight obviously wouldn't be a problem but he obviously showed his strength all last year and during the combine. Solet's stop acting this dude is small body or something...

19 reps of 185 doesnt sound like much at all. I do 12 in a workout, but thats 12 easy reps. I mean Joey Dorsey looks huge, and only 19 ? He should be doing 19of 225
laugh.gif

He can put the ball on the floor and pass better than those two...

you can say yes, their post game is obviously better...but that might be the only thing they got on him.

But that's their bread and butter along with a 15ft jumper....and their proven in the NBA....but skill wise, collectively...Beasley is bringing more to the table as of right now, imo.

I'm not an NBA draft expert...but I don't remember too many Michael Beasley passes...to assume that he's gonna be a passing big man seems likea bit of a leap of faith

Who'd he have to pass too...that's the thing...

But the way I watched him get in the soft spot in zones and make correct decisions leads me to believe his IQ and passing is pretty good for his size

...Honestly I think he's a better scorer than DC ever was...kid just puts the ball in the basket..DC mighta had the skill set, but never took over likeBeasley did this past year . I wouldn't be surprised if he puts up 20 a game this coming year.

DC mighta had the skill set, but never took over like Beasley did this past year ..

YOU ARE BUGGING!

DO you know what DC did to #%+@#+ in college, and the comp he played Vs. in the Big East back then.
DC Took his squad to a Nat'l TItle Game his Frosh yr out the box.
Maybe Im wrong but I believe he led the country in scoring and Rebounding. I could be wrong tho so dont shoot me, gotta look it up

[mark jackson]you're better than that AI3
[/quote]

Shoulda clarified..

I meant in terms of scoring.

What'd he max out at per year, like 17?

Granted the comp was better and he was on a more talented team...but Coleman never came off to me as a big time scorer...Beasley does

I'll keep it real and stat wise Beasley very well may pass DC averages early on...I just don't think he has the overall game for me to really comparethem...

It's kind of like comparing Rasheed Kevin Garnett and Tim Duncan. I would take Rasheed's skill set any day, but whether or not he'll use hisskillset on any given day is a whole other story

I aint follow Derrick Coleman college days...I only know what Mike did...in his freshman season. I saw him carry a PISS POOR team all his back into thetournament...getting triple teamed night in and night out...still putting up double doubles like it came easy to him. There wasnt a spot on the floor hecouldn't score from.

And I actually just researched his numbers. Now I'm not a stat ##%+$...I hate people that live and die by numbers...so I'm not going to pretend like Ican fully grasp the impact he had...but I can look at his numbers and say that Derrick Coleman didn't do what Beasley did. Maybe their skill set was thesame...I don't know. But I can see that he didn't do what Beasley did....so I don't understand how it's out of the question that Beasley is asgood as he was if not better at the same stage. Also...i'm pretty sure he wasn't as athletic as Mike is...neither is Brand/Boozer/West...so that'sanother advantage he has over them.

I think Sherman Douglas actually mighta led those teams in scoring, idk. They were bout equal

Coleman came into the league I think in 1990 and was an immediate 20/10 player. His career averages aren't too shabby either. He certainly didnt live up toalot of people's expecations but through his first 5-6 years he was giving you 20/10.

Once again...I'm just sayin from my memory of DC, he was one of those guys with unlimited potential who never lived up to it simply because theyweren't committed to the game. I'm not taking away from Beas...he did things in college that DC didn't. I'll leave the DC/Beasley argumentalone because most people take that as a negative...I just look at DC and see he could of been the best PF ever. I don't think I see that in Beas...he canbe really good I just don't think he has the potential to be best ever at his position hell I don't know what makes him so much better than Melo.

Beasley should get that body fat down
that was the only disapointing part.

I think that he can guard a 4 but I have doubts about 3's
He doesnt strike me as an elite athlete and like Durant his game is a ton of skill.
i think he can get nice numbers but they might never make a great impact

Actually, Derrick Coleman in school and on to the league (pre-philly trade, and before het let himself go physically) and Beasley today are VERY similiar interms of scoring arsenal. That's whom Jay Bilas likens him to the most, and I'd personally agree with that comparison. They're very similiar inregards to the ability to score(lefties), posisitioning for boards. Coleman was bigger though, and a more gifted passer.

Coleman really should've been one of the greats.

He doesnt strike me as an elite athlete

I don't know why, because he most certainly is.

Back
Top Bottom