NBA Pre-Draft Measurements and Combine Results

^Are you in fact Michael Beasley, his brother, his agent, etc.?

I respect alot of your opinions, especially in regards to College Hoops, but anytime somebody says something that you preceive the least bit negative inregards to Beasley are quick to jump all over them.

^^^ i have the same feelings about AI3xi with the Hoyas... Sometimes i think he's JT III
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

i think it is that someone defends the players that they've watched extensively and feel they know alot about.

Originally Posted by ShannonsCrooks

I respect alot of your opinions, especially in regards to College Hoops, but anytime somebody says something that you preceive the least bit negative in regards to Beasley are quick to jump all over them.

No I'm not...I just call it like I see it. If someone says something that I don't agree with then I'm going to give my opinion...it doesn'tmatter who it is in regards to.

His offensive game is already better than Boozer or Brand tho..

eek.gif
that's a BOLD claim Allen.....we could have said the same thing about Kurt Thomas when he came out of TCU

based off of what you just said, are you expecting Beasley to be a 20/10 off the jump? I mean, Boozer/Brand are two ESTABLISHED vets, and Beas has yet to stepfoot on an NBA court. People here on NT are doing nothing short of anointing him as a 1st year all-star and a bonafide lock for the HOF. He's gonna be anundersized PF in the NBA. As much as people think he has going for him, there is going to be an awful lot going against him as well.

I mean...

As I said earlier, collectively, his skill set is better....difference right now is Boozer and Brand now what they're good at it and do it well.

It's kinda like saying Melo has a better offensive skill set than LeBron but Bron's strengths far outweigh whatever Melo has goin for him.

are you expecting Beasley to be a 20/10 off the jump?
Right situation....yeah, close to it.

I've never seen anyone score the ball so effortlessly in a big conference, not Durant...probably gota go back to Big Dog...

I'm not really much of a Beasley fan....Rose is my guy here....but I don't see how he doesn't put up about 25 and 10 during his prime, withrelative ease.

Now winning, being a dominant player, having all the intangibles...might be a different story.

Originally Posted by lnMyMind

Originally Posted by gangsta207therevolution

He doesnt strike me as an elite athlete�

What you call it then?

My dude being an athlete is a lot more than jumping. He is not great in his lateral motions nor is he quick in his moves. He has the ability to put acouple moves on a guy though. And even though those dunks are impressive half of dunking is body control. you have to get used to your body's motions inthe air, get more versatile in the air. Its the reason why team flight bros are better than NBA dunkers. Thats all they do.

Originally Posted by Al3xis

I mean...

As I said earlier, collectively, his skill set is better....difference right now is Boozer and Brand now what they're good at it and do it well.

It's kinda like saying Melo has a better offensive skill set than LeBron but Bron's strengths far outweigh whatever Melo has goin for him.

are you expecting Beasley to be a 20/10 off the jump?
Right situation....yeah, close to it.

I've never seen anyone score the ball so effortlessly in a big conference, not Durant...probably gota go back to Big Dog...

I'm not really much of a Beasley fan....Rose is my guy here....but I don't see how he doesn't put up about 25 and 10 during his prime, with relative ease.

Now winning, being a dominant player, having all the intangibles...might be a different story.

I hear what you're saying, and to play devils advocate...how many 25/10 guys (non-centers) have there been in the NBA over the past 20 years or so? Karl Malone, Barkley, ???? It's not that big of a list....also, it may be a different sport, but I see a lot of comparisons in the hype Reggie Bush wasgetting (Gale Sayers) coming out of USC to what Beasley is getting right now. Bush's transition to the NFL hasn't been as easy as people would haveexpected. I don't see Beasley as a can't miss prospect like LeBron. What I do see is a player who could be a better version of Rasheed Wallace. Ibelieve that 20/10 should be a goal of his...but, I don't envision that happening in his 1st season.

25 and 10 is a lot..I just think his best 2-3 year run should be in that range.

I don't think he's a can't miss franchise guy...but I do think he'll get his numbers one way or another...whether that is on contending teams,I'm not sure.

I respect alot of your opinions, especially in regards to College Hoops, but anytime somebody says something that you preceive the least bit negative in regards to Beasley are quick to jump all over them.

same thing i was thinking.

this man is drawing comparisons to outacontrolhomer

Originally Posted by TheGreatPoohdini

same thing i was thinking.

this man is drawing comparisons to outacontrolhomer

You named your screen name after Derrick Rose...yet I'm the homer? Good call

^^^obviously not as tall as they're listed at their colleges.....but alot of these dudes are 18/19...they might have another inch or 2 in them togrow...maybe
wink.gif

like I said, his skill set is similar to Antawn Jamison
Better perimeter game than Antawn but I see some comparisons. Honestly, IMO, Antawn was more of a killer in college than Beasley was. I feellike his game was more polished pre-NBA than Beasley's was but Beasley has way more potential and rangier skill-set.

never knew what the big deal about beasley was

seems like a classic tweener at the next level. same could be said for most of the top players in this draft, actually.

SMH at Donte Green, Pat Jr. and Davon Jefferson only putting up two reps.

Sonny Weems is a sleeper pick.

Joe Alexander is a stud. He has a chance to be very good. I hope he doesnt end up like Luke Jackson. Nice college career, kicks $*% combine stats, but NBAbench warmer.

Marcus Dove can be the next Bruce Bowen. He's the best defender in the draft. Yes this has nothing to do with looking at the stats.

Eric Gordon is nuts. Tied for 4th highest vert, 7th fastest lane agility, 3rd fastest 3/4 sprint, 15 reps............ him and Mayo are a toss-up.

Back
Top Bottom