NBA real talk, who still use the fadeaway beside Kobe ?

Beside Kobe, whos in the NBA right now that can pull this off ? I mean these kind of shots are amazing to look at
pimp.gif
. Here's an example. The degree of difficulty is
sick.gif
sick.gif

No one else can perfect the fadeaway besides Kobe.

Look how long it took Mike to perfect that joint.

kobe ripping off mike once again....
but nonetheless no one in the league as of now can do it better or can do it justice....

am i the only one that thinks he travelled on that clip? looks like he shuffled his feet a lil bit...

Originally Posted by tru2theegame

but nonetheless no one in the league as of now can do it better or can do it justice....

Why wouldn't he? It worked marvelously for Money in the latter years of his career, so why wouldn't Kobe want to add another killer move to hisarsenal?

Neither created the fade, both probably practiced it for countless hours, and Kobe is now implementing it nicely.

It just irks me when people always assume MJ is the proprietor of the fadeaway and only he has sole ownership...

Kobe is the best, Dirk is second.

Kobe can get a decent shot off in any position, and his footwork is usually amazing to watch. I enjoy watching his turnarounds almost like dunks. Dirk cantwist his way into a decent shot too, it just doesn't always look that nice. But it's easy to appreciate if you watch it closely.

There are others that use it, but can't rely on it like these two.

Who gives a flying @#*! if Kobe (or Dirk for that matter) "bit" this move off MJ. If it makes your game better, WHY NOT? It's not like basketballmoves are really copyrighted anyway.

Kobe, Dirk, and sometimes Nash does that turn around fade away but usually from not as far out as Dirk and Kobe. But they are the only 3 i think do it withenough consistancy,

Originally Posted by tru2theegame

answer me this. it's one of the hardest offensive moves to defend, so why wouldnt he acquire it into his game? ur saying it as if mike had the patent on itand anyone else that does it is just ripping him off

but that shot against the cavs was just
sick.gif
when he initially shot it, i thought it was going to be an airball
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by bjamez20

am i the only one that thinks he travelled on that clip? looks like he shuffled his feet a lil bit...
after watching that video, i think he did

Originally Posted by petozham

Vince Carter has one of the best fadeaways in the league.

I'm not gonna disagree with you there, but I have to put Kobe on top.

All the players aforementioned only go one way (I'm pretty sure). With Kobe, he's unpredictable. He can do the windshield wiper (Momentum and faketowards one way and then fading in the opposite direction), or fade baseline (consistently), draw the foul, etc. On the other hand, I feel like others,including VC, fade as a desperation move; whereas Jordan made the fade a patented move for himself and Kobe is on his way to doing so. (But, I've alwaysthought of Kobe as a better shooter in general and I think he won't rely on the fade as much as he ages. But that's just me).

Last note. I feel that to this day, no one has the fade down like money did. He would use all the tricks- go both ways (that's what she said), fake, pivot,then lay it up, shoot over the bigs consistently, get in position then just spin baseline, ....it goes on. He said it himself. What made the fade so lethal wasthe fact that the opponent never knew which way he was going. That's where MJ's IQ and wit kicked in and he adjusted each game. I feel Kobe is almostthere, but he just has to study a bit more. Maybe I do...

Nothing compares to MJ's turnaround fadeaway that one damn year.. The only move he did (pretty much) and it was ridiculously unstoppable..

All of these imitations just don't come close..

Back
Top Bottom