NBA real talk, who still use the fadeaway beside Kobe ?

anyone who has a taller defender on them or double teamed or last sec shooting the ball.

Plenty of players.

I just watched Hedo Turkoglu stick two back-to-back down the stretch against the Nets last night.

Kobe is definitely levels above the rest, especially considering that he is a guard. Dirk has to fadeaway against Tim Duncan
alien.gif

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Originally Posted by tru2theegame

kobe ripping off mike once again....
but nonetheless no one in the league as of now can do it better or can do it justice....

Why wouldn't he? It worked marvelously for Money in the latter years of his career, so why wouldn't Kobe want to add another killer move to his arsenal?

Neither created the fade, both probably practiced it for countless hours, and Kobe is now implementing it nicely.

It just irks me when people always assume MJ is the proprietor of the fadeaway and only he has sole ownership...
I mean...obviously all players evolve from the generations before them but Kobe's moves are so similar to MJ, its going to create notice. Aswe know, players have always been doing fadeaways but Jordan's fadeaways, along with the moves he'd do with them, were pretty distinct. And now Kobehas adopted the exact same things. So, MJ didn't invite it, nor does he have copyrights but I guess some just can't settle with the new dog drinkingfrom the elder's bowl...

Originally Posted by jcuk3tm0

dirk fadeaway is good, but he has no elevation. hes just so damn tall
Yup. In fact, I've rarely seen him NOT use the fadeaway when getting his own shot off because he doesn't have any elevation so he wouldjust get his shot blocked if he jumped straight-up on his shot.

Originally Posted by TrueBlack88

Originally Posted by Worlds Enemy

Originally Posted by tru2theegame

kobe ripping off mike once again....
but nonetheless no one in the league as of now can do it better or can do it justice....

Why wouldn't he? It worked marvelously for Money in the latter years of his career, so why wouldn't Kobe want to add another killer move to his arsenal?

Neither created the fade, both probably practiced it for countless hours, and Kobe is now implementing it nicely.

It just irks me when people always assume MJ is the proprietor of the fadeaway and only he has sole ownership...
I mean...obviously all players evolve from the generations before them but Kobe's moves are so similar to MJ, its going to create notice. As we know, players have always been doing fadeaways but Jordan's fadeaways, along with the moves he'd do with them, were pretty distinct. And now Kobe has adopted the exact same things. So, MJ didn't invite it, nor does he have copyrights but I guess some just can't settle with the new dog drinking from the elder's bowl...

Exactly. I'm surprised people are saying names other than Kobe. It seems like he uses it the most and is consistent with it.

It looks cool but it's his worst % offensive move.

teams actually want him to take fadeaways.

u didn't know

Back
Top Bottom