NBC's Community Thread - 6/2 - Ep. 13: "Emotional Consequences of Broadcast Television"

That was a great episode
laugh.gif
 at the gatorade iv

I loved this episode. Seeing that I graduated with a History degree. This seemed liked a Ken Burns Mockumentary. Loved the narration and the character development. Definitely a better episode from last week.

I LOL'd at the part where "Leonard likes this post." LOLOL

I was rolling this reminded me of the chappelle skit with cornrow wallace
laugh.gif

Spoiler [+]
I love Annie
embarassed.gif

Great episode, but the show is destined to be cancelled. Community is character-driven and if you haven't seen it from episode one, you probably wouldn't laugh one bit. It'll kill on DVD though.

Originally Posted by justhotkicks

Great episode, but the show is destined to be cancelled. Community is character-driven and if you haven't seen it from episode one, you probably wouldn't laugh one bit. It'll kill on DVD though.

this
if you picked up this show you prob wonder what's *pop, pop*
laugh.gif

I thought the past couple episodes were lackluster, but this one was probably the best episode I have seen. Excellent
pimp.gif

I don't know where you got this logic from but every single comedy on t.v is character-driven. As long as the story lines don't change things permanently you shouldn't have a problem following the show. The characters are shallow and you can pick up on who they are after about 5 minutes of leaving the show on.
The show will be probably end after this season but not because it's character driven. After being put on hiatus everyone went on to pursue their acting career;they're all kinda just waiting for the show to go off air. I also don't like how everything is so strict, you can tell no one really improvises anything. It wasn't noticeable before but after the hiatus and the Chevy Chase incident this show is on life support. 

“The North Cafeteria, named after Admiral William North, is located in the western portion of East Hall, gateway to the western half of North Hall, which is named, not after William North, but for its position above the South Wall. It is the most contested and confusing battlefield on Greendale’s campus, next to the English Memorial Spanish Center, named after English Memorial, a Portuguese sailor that discovered Greendale while looking for a fountain that cured syphilis.

Originally Posted by bighead2205

“The North Cafeteria, named after Admiral William North, is located in the western portion of East Hall, gateway to the western half of North Hall, which is named, not after William North, but for its position above the South Wall. It is the most contested and confusing battlefield on Greendale’s campus, next to the English Memorial Spanish Center, named after English Memorial, a Portuguese sailor that discovered Greendale while looking for a fountain that cured syphilis.

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

I don't know where you got this logic from but every single comedy on t.v is character-driven. As long as the story lines don't change things permanently you shouldn't have a problem following the show. The characters are shallow and you can pick up on who they are after about 5 minutes of leaving the show on.
The show will be probably end after this season but not because it's character driven. After being put on hiatus everyone went on to pursue their acting career;they're all kinda just waiting for the show to go off air. I also don't like how everything is so strict, you can tell no one really improvises anything. It wasn't noticeable before but after the hiatus and the Chevy Chase incident this show is on life support. 
hope we get at least one more season or the six seasons and a movie

Originally Posted by millionuppercuts

Of course every show on TV hinges on the development of their characters, but what separates a show like Community or Arrested Development (two highly praised shows that were cancelled due to poor ratings) from something like Seinfeld or Friends (two highly praised shows that were beasts with ratings) is that you can watch any random episode of Seinfeld or Friends and laugh your rear off. I didn't get into Seinfeld until after the show ended, and I got into by watching random tidbits or reruns. Community and AD, on the other hand, both featured a cast of characters that were so tightly bound to each-other that one would not 'get' character A without getting character B, and unless one watches from the series premiere and in succession, a show like Community and AD can easily lose an audience. Fast. The comedy was so clever that the narrator of AD actually had to explain ongoing jokes in the episode.

Another aspect of those shows is that the cast of Friends and Seinfeld were funny characters, while the cast of AD and Community seemed like real, albeit deranged people - and only if you felt like you knew them personally (by watching the show from square one) would you find them funny.

Back
Top Bottom