Need music suggestions for dad vol. father's day

seeing as how i got no ends right now and father's day is tomorrow, i was thinking of filling up my dad's empty ipod with some music so he has somethin to listen to while drivin to work and what not.. the problem is that I have NO idea where to start. im not too sure what type of music he likes but hes always complainin about my music(rap, etc.) so least i know what he doesn't like. just wonderin if yall had any suggestions for a 50 year old dude who never really listens to music

i honestly have no recollection of my dad having any type of musical taste.. it might have to do with him moving from south korea to cali when he was thirty something but i was just lookin for maybe the type of music your folks listen to

laugh.gif

honestly buy him some beer or scotch and sit with him and discuss his growing up and music etc. You should know this stuff about your Dad and its way more thoughtful and meaningful for you both than some tracks

So all we know is he's from South Korea and he's in his 50s? Come on, man..

The effort is nice, but you say yourself, he doesn't really listen to music, so would he even like this? And not having a lot to spend on him is understandable, but you couldn't have thought about this earlier than the day before Father's Day?

If I were in you, I'd have a conversation with him. Say you wanted to give him some music but you didn't know what he liked, then have him tell you. You two can talk about music he likes, what he listened to when he was your age, maybe how his dad didn't like his music choices just as he didn't like yours. Then once you have more info, fill up his ipod with music. Maybe he's the kind of guy who would prefer just a new set of golf clubs, a new gadget, material stuff.. but since you don't have the money, he might appreciate your effort to get to know him better and share some interests.

Just throw a bunch of Jazz on there. Miles Davis, Coltrane, Bill Evans. If he is a Korean man who doesn't really listen to music, then he would probably like Jazz.

Also, throw in Michael Haggins "Daybreak" for good measure.

I feel bad cuz I've blown all of my money on the NBA playoffs...

So I basically have to give my dad just a pat on the back or some second hand stuff
laugh.gif
oh well

How you don't know what kind of music your dad likes? You'd have to do too much digging to figure out what kind of music he grew up with and liked. For example, was he in the states or in SK in his teens to 20s?

All these lame father themed songs won't work.

Back
Top Bottom