NES Classic Mini re-releasing 6/29/18 retail $60

Please educate on reasons why people double up on NES/SNES Classics? I have one of each but don’t wanna miss out if there are legit reasons to buy more. Are these things turning into bricks after a while? Thanks

No idea why some double up. I have one of each (nes, snes) and see no reason to pick up more.

I only buy multiple og nes and snes consoles because they are original and I happen to own several cartridges. These things can break down as time passes.

My local Target literally has BOTH the NES and SNES Classic sitting on shelves right next to each other.............Nintendo has done well to keep up with the supply promise for both these consoles.

And oh yeah to co-sign what @Nike Jordan said about NES controllers sitting, they're still available at BestBuy.com at the retail price too.......so yeah, supply is definitely there for folk now compared to a year-and-a-half ago.

Repped! Just copped a controller on Bestbuy.com.

Thank goodness Jess is hot to watch cause that was one of the nerdiest topics.

luigidead.gif

Yeah.........this thread better not be renamed to the Playstation Classic mini.

This was a Nintendo thread first.....plsss

Slight unrelated but glad that Nintendo & Sony are owning/releasing their own Mini/Classic joints.

SMH at SEGA for whoring their license and having the horrid AT games release their upcoming Mini/Classic. :smh::smh:

Pretty sure they are booting ISO images and the emulated graphics will have some type of dithering removal plus options for filters and scanlines.

http://www.chrismcovell.com/psxdither.html

Still won’t change that the graphics will be poor. RE looks like crap on PS1. The rendered backgrounds and polygons have not aged well. Neither has Metal Gear. Which is why they’ve been re-released (on GameCube and later).

Then there’s the matter that you can play PS1 games on PS2 and 3. Plus they’re sold on PSP, Vita and PS3.

It’s mainly a novelty item. I won’t say never depending on the package. But $100, only 20 games (which you could buy for the cheap on older platforms) and a wired controller are definitely not positives.

Games that should be on there if they have any sense...

Parasite eve
Metal gear solid
Ridge racer (one of them)
Silent hill
Brave fencer musashi (one can hope)
Rival schools
Darkstslkers 3
Tekken 2
Tekken 3
Ffvii
Ffviii
Ffix
Ape escape (and they need to also sell the dual shock separately)
Sf Alpha 3
Crash bandicoot 2
Legend of dragoon
Star ocean (one of them)
WWF raw or whatever it was called
A football or bball game

Just a few off the top of my head

Hopefully MGS is on....

I wanna preorder a few I feel like hype will be high intially but I dunno... just gonna do it whatever.

Also.... if this was Ps2... yeesh.

Still won’t change that the graphics will be poor. RE looks like crap on PS1. The rendered backgrounds and polygons have not aged well. Neither has Metal Gear. Which is why they’ve been re-released (on GameCube and later).

Then there’s the matter that you can play PS1 games on PS2 and 3. Plus they’re sold on PSP, Vita and PS3.

It’s mainly a novelty item. I won’t say never depending on the package. But $100, only 20 games (which you could buy for the cheap on older platforms) and a wired controller are definitely not positives.
Imo the graphics are part of the charm of the games.

Im trying to look for information, the disc tray looks smaller than original one, however is thier a disc tray functionality in this one or is it a faux look.

I hope it has a online portal to download other games if not this will suck imo. Sony pioneered online content for game consoles imo.

Back
Top Bottom