Netflix Bird Box (Sandra Bullock, Trevante Rhodes) Out Now

Netflix is notoriously secretive when it comes to viewership numbers, but considering the number of “spoilers without context” tweets, I’d wager Bird Box is a hit. Based on Josh Malerman’s novel of the same name, the post-apocalyptic thriller stars Sandra Bullock as a mother trying to protect two children during a river expedition from a supernatural entity that kills upon sight, and how they got there. The monster(s?) is never seen in the movie, which “absolutely riveted”horror maestro Stephen King, but there was an early cut of the film that included a glance. It’s probably for the best it was removed.

“There was a time when one of the producers was like, ‘No, you have to see something at some point’ and forced me to write essentially a nightmare sequence where Malorie experiences one in that house,” screenwriter Eric Heisserer told Bloody Disgusting. Bullock described the monster as “snake-like, and I was like, ‘I don’t want to see it when it first happens. Just bring it into the room. We’ll shoot the scene.’ I turn and… It was just a long fat baby.”

“It so easily becomes funny. We actually shot that and spent a lot of energy on, but every time I saw it, I was like this is not going to be tense,” said director Susanne Bier. “It’s just going to be funny. At first, Sandy was like, ‘I don’t want to see it’ because she thought it was scary. Then it was like, ‘Don’t show it to me because [I’ll laugh].’ Every time I did it, I was like, ****, that’s a different film.” (Via)

Netflix is notoriously secretive when it comes to viewership numbers, but considering the number of “spoilers without context” tweets, I’d wager Bird Box is a hit. Based on Josh Malerman’s novel of the same name, the post-apocalyptic thriller stars Sandra Bullock as a mother trying to protect two children during a river expedition from a supernatural entity that kills upon sight, and how they got there. The monster(s?) is never seen in the movie, which “absolutely riveted”horror maestro Stephen King, but there was an early cut of the film that included a glance. It’s probably for the best it was removed.

“There was a time when one of the producers was like, ‘No, you have to see something at some point’ and forced me to write essentially a nightmare sequence where Malorie experiences one in that house,” screenwriter Eric Heisserer told Bloody Disgusting. Bullock described the monster as “snake-like, and I was like, ‘I don’t want to see it when it first happens. Just bring it into the room. We’ll shoot the scene.’ I turn and… It was just a long fat baby.”

“It so easily becomes funny. We actually shot that and spent a lot of energy on, but every time I saw it, I was like this is not going to be tense,” said director Susanne Bier. “It’s just going to be funny. At first, Sandy was like, ‘I don’t want to see it’ because she thought it was scary. Then it was like, ‘Don’t show it to me because [I’ll laugh].’ Every time I did it, I was like, ****, that’s a different film.” (Via)

HIM saying THAT is going to have SOME people think they are in some exclusive club if they were giving it positive reviews.

resized-Screen-Shot-2016-09-09-at-10.56.40.jpg

Overhyped. Joint was some mid

6/10 but for a Netflix original standard I understand why everyone is so over the hills about it

What ever happen to tattoo dude and cop girl..all I remember was them dippn in the jeep.. pretty random

Assumption they died. Both were weak af anyway, had no use in the movie other than extra bodies

absolutely ridiculous that they didn't explain more about how the circumstances came to be. i wanted to know how/why exactly did some people become "possessed" and not off themselves.

The mentally ill werent affected is what i gathered. So the ones in loony bin were basically immune and were there helping the "creatures"

Watched this movie to appreciate the memes tbh, ending up thinking it was okay.

One thing A Quiet Place did better having the entire film in present time, helped with the tension of the unknown. All the past scenes in Bird Box began to drag after a while cause only Sandra was making it out alive from the group, so I waited 3/4 of the movie to have them all disposed.

i know it's on netflix, but the local cinema is playing this movie as well. worth the watch on big screen?

Just finished, my theory is that the "beings" are from the lovecraft mythos. The people that see them are usually driven mad, the crazies say that it will cleanse the world, they're beautiful, the truth etc. It reminds a lot of how human characters react when they come across the "elder gods" in that mythos. If not directly being the elder gods, I think the writer took a lof of inspiration from them when making this movie.

Movie was lowkey trash...gave me wayyyy too much of a The Happening vibes...Malkovich tried wayyy too hard to be what he usually is effortless in films, an ******* :lol:

When dude Over the radio said his name was Rick...I laughed...was patiently waiting for Rick Grimes to pop up at the end..

watching it.

I want to bash my head against something.

trash.

Bruh that got a thing for pregnant white chicks got me rollin’. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom