Netflix Bird Box (Sandra Bullock, Trevante Rhodes) Out Now

Why both black dudes sacrificed their lives for them??

Why MGK and the girl left and they never updated us on what happened to them??

How Tom have the same hair 5 years later????

How he not lose weight??

What were they doing between those 5 years???

All this. Like we supposed to believe Tom was making wild gains on minimal poor quality food :rolleyes

Blindness >
Humanity would be over in 12 hrs if we all went blind lol

Yeah if universally we lost our sight, we would be *****

Wait there is actually a movie with that premise, where everyone went blind, except a few people, cats were in a house and all got butt naked to shower since no one could see each other, I think Danny Glover wasn’t in it...

Yeah if universally we lost our sight, we would be *****

Wait there is actually a movie with that premise, where everyone went blind, except a few people, cats were in a house and all got butt naked to shower since no one could see each other, I think Danny Glover wasn’t in it...
Blindness is the movie. Came out 08 or 09. With ol girl that was getting torched on boogie nights and homie that played the hulk.

Just watched... movie was okay.

I would have liked to have at least some explanation to what the creatures were or where they came from... smh. I was entertained but overall tons of plot holes.

They didn’t put no effort in this.

I wanna see effort like when 50 lost all that weight and went bald thinking he was gonna get a Oscar.
HAHA that 50 movie was trash. Other than 50 losing all that weight and having a washed Liota in the film the only other memorable part was that short football field they used, from IMDB page "the field is actually a 50-yard long field that is played off as being a regulation-size 100-yard field, evident by the yard numbers on the wide shot showing a 40-yard line. The Grand Rapids Rampage, a former Arena Football League team, use to play their home games in the arena and it can only fit a 50-yard field inside of it."

I went into the movie with very low expectations and it was better than I expected. I like the way it played out with the early flashbacks and then the present day of her and the kids on the river. I don't mind not seeing the creatures, I think the goofy dude's sketches were enough. I dig the idea of how the disabled members of society are now the leaders. Interesting concept. A Quiet Place is cool too, especially the ending.

Last edited:
Bandersnatch is a dope experience so far. Feels like you can take multiple routes in a single sitting.

Interested in seeing how something like this evolves with technology making films more immersive.

Gotta have a sequel/prequel explaining the creatures more. Don’t know anything about their origin & motives

Tom also remained in exceptional shape on a limited diet over several years & his hair & beard never grew. Kinda nitpicking tho :lol:

the Sandra Bullock-starring Bird Box (which we predicted would dominate streaming) racked up over 45 million Netflix account views. That’s the highest ever record for a Netflix original film

To put that number in context, Netflix keeps numbers pretty close to its digital sleeve, but quarterly earnings from earlier this year revealed that the service has at least 118 million subscribers. The number could be higher now, but in the case of Bird Box(Susanne Bier’s adaptation of Josh Malerman’s 2014 novel), it’s safe to say that around one-third of all Netflix accounts checked out this movie. That’s an impressive statistic no matter how one spins it, and those memes didn’t lie about social media-bound interest.

Last year, Netflix pointed toward Bright(which earned a 25% aggregate score on Rotten Tomatoes) as proof that audiences and critics are sometimes “disconnected,” which most folks probably already gathered. In the case of Bird Box, critics rated it sort-of “fresh” with a 66% score, but the viewing numbers speak much more loudly. If 45 million people actually went to a theater for a movie title over one week, well … that simply wouldn’t happen in 2018.

However, an apocalyptic story about a mysterious unseen entity managed to capture over 45 million eyeballs (and maybe even more, given that multiple people often share Netflix accounts). Sandy Bullock safeguarding kids and finding love and hiding from doom with John Malkovich is not only enjoyable but appeals to the masses. Thank goodness they never showed the monster, right? Otherwise, that 45 million number could have been so much smaller. There’s definitely something to be said for leaving elements unseen

Lol at Bullock character being from Stockton.
Fob cousin asked me if I saw that new movie bread box.
Got a theory.
Movie meaning: spend more time at home and take care of your family.
Outside world blinds you from what really counts.

6E11AF8C-FD91-4A74-BF7D-CC6A0D9B5422.jpeg

:rofl:

Back
Top Bottom