New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Im in Shanghai right now and my boys and I got a table at a local club last night, turned out some Taiwanese celebs were at the table next to ours so I chopped it up with a broad and she told me her crew/company hangs out with all the celebs that come thru here, and they partied with Kobe just last week. Needless to say I asked her about the Kobe Escapades and she told me he took 2 of her friends back to his hotel room HAHAH. and he actually asked HER to go too but she declined because shes scared of certain large black body part :rofl: :rofl: 0] :x

I think OKC should sign more players to build up the bench more. Using Harden off the bench to score is not enough i think.

"We're hopeful that 10 years from now we can hang a jersey on that wall over there that says Dwight Howard."
-Mitch Kupchack
:smokin :smokin
I'm hoping that Dwight learns 2 things about us this upcoming season: we're a winning organization, and we're a professional organization.
I think that was Mitch showing the professional side of how we do. That was him showing Dwight "When we commit to a franchise player, we make plans to do so for a very long, successful period of time. We're choosing you next. We don't want to have you as pieces of a blockbuster trade later. We want to continue bringing in championships... with you. We clear? No, no... this ain't the Orlando Magic, where things are kind of clear. We want to hang your jersey up someday. Is. It. CLEAR how we feel about you?"

thats why i love the Lakers, regardless if Dwight stays or goes. (i think hes gon stay)

Last edited:
Dwight's presence will be felt in 2 major areas: Pick-and-roll (a huge weapon on offense now) and defense.

Dwight will add a second line of defense that frankly wasn't there. Bynum/Pau had a reputation and a lot of commentators talked about the difficulty of scoring them, but it was all based on size and not how they actually played. It was actually pretty easy to score over them in the paint. In the playoffs, I remember watching Durant, Westbrook and Harden weave into the lane and finish at a high rate and realized the Lakers aren't a good defensive team at all.

Dwight will completely change that. It's inevitable that the Thunder guys and Lebron will get past perimeter defenders, even a Metta playing at a high level. Dwight can now cover that at a more consistent rate than Bynum. He will change the way they drive, even a little. Nash, Kobe, Pau and Jamison need to still do decent jobs on their men, but they can afford to be old and get blown by a lot more now than before. If Kobe's slower reaction time or gamble led Russ to attack, it was a score. Now that won't happen every time.

Im more excited about his rebounding than his offense, yeah Drews rpg were good but i also saw him give up or not even attempt for rebounds in his vicinity way too many times. Even in that elimination game vs OKC he was out there half *****ing it.

Dwight doesnt seem to be the type to let his touches affect his boards and that critical with our 2 guard on the floor.

Remember that video of the little girl crying when Nash got traded to the Lakers?

Well Nash hooked her up:

Last edited:
NBA TV just showed Kobe's 81 pt game now they're playing Shaq's 61 pts vs the Clips

I always miss the good games on NBA TV. If I would have known, I would have recorded Shaq's 61 pts. I remember that like it was yesterday, on his birthday.

Last edited:
I did a report on Nike's expansion into China.. From what I read is two things.:
1. Nike pushed him in China, and the fact that he is in China every year, and respects their culture
2. He's a winner. Chinese culture respects and reveres winning.

I have a colleague who recently moved here from China and he told me the same thing about Kobe. They respect people who dedicate themselves into working hard. They see that in Kobe.

Back
Top Bottom