New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Hey Laker brethren, help me out w/ a name change. I don't like this name anymore. Haven't for a while, and now that we've changed servers, I figured I'd finally change it.

I lack creativity soooooooo bad. :lol: :\

- For the sake of convenience, I need Ska to be a prominent part of the name.
- eBay name is evolwon

Thought of either SkaIsDead (a play on my s/n, and the fact that the 90's ska craze is dead).

Or SkaIsEvol.

EvolSka? :\

Thought of skalastuk ('scholastic' + ska + Lakers + Angels + Sparks + Titans + UK)? hehehe... hehe... he :\

I really want to go to a game(s) this year. But the prices. :x

Believe it or not, I go to more playoff games than regular season games.

What I've been doing for the last few years is, I go to 1-2 regular season games, then I save all my pennies for the playoffs games when they go up on sale in April-May.

Hey Laker brethren, help me out w/ a name change. I don't like this name anymore. Haven't for a while, and now that we've changed servers, I figured I'd finally change it.
- eBay name is evolwon
Thought of either SkaIsDead (a play on my s/n, and the fact that the 90's ska craze is dead).
Or SkaIsEvol.
Thought of skalastuk ('scholastic' + ska + Lakers + Angels + Sparks + Titans + UK)? hehehe... hehe... he :\

SkaIsDead or EvolSka would work

That last one tho :smh: :lol:

- eBay name is evolwon
Or SkaIsEvol.

OldManSka

- eBay name is evolwon
Or SkaIsEvol.

BasedKupSka :lol:

Last edited:
Barbosa & Kenyon Martin still free agents..

I'd still love Kenyon as our PF & Jamison as our SF...

Keep Ebanks and try to use him + one of the backup PGs for a better backup who expires 1 year after Blake or Duhon.

I really think it's unnecessary at least with Barbosa

With Mike Brown, the moment Meeks has a bad game he's switching to Barbosa... then the minute Barbosa has a bad game he's switching back. God only knows how much he's gonna mess around with the backcourt rotations right now. It could do more harm than good.

A coach like Phil Jackson wouldn't mess around too much after the first month but most coaches don't handle it well

Barbosa & Kenyon Martin still free agents..
I'd still love Kenyon as our PF & Jamison as our SF...
Keep Ebanks and try to use him + one of the backup PGs for a better backup who expires 1 year after Blake or Duhon.

I like Martin more than barbosa.

IF we get Martin, it would add toughness and defense to our bench. And just thinking of this backup unit Blake-Ebanks-Jamison-Martin-Hill makes me excited, thats scoring,hustle,height and defense in that 2nd unit.

iF we get barbosa, mike brown would **** up the backcourt rotation :x

I like Martin more than barbosa.
IF we get Martin, it would add toughness and defense to our bench. And just thinking of this backup unit Blake-Ebanks-Jamison-Martin-Hill makes me excited, thats scoring,hustle,height and defense in that 2nd unit.
iF we get barbosa, mike brown would **** up the backcourt rotation :x

Eliminate Ebanks.... Meeks is backup 2.. Martin would mean Ebanks is out of the rotation

SkabannedZo

DarthSka :nerd:

SkahatedPulpFictionthenlistenedtoCPandhasbeencured

SkaKobe (like this one)

Skalastuk is actually pretty good, I give that one a lot of props.

Skaforceiswithyou

SkasensitivelittleJedi'ssuck

Skalancealot

Ska-labrine :lol: (we might have a winner right here)

SkacomparedmetoDoo :stoneface:

Skashouldn'thavedonethat

Skashouldknowbetter

Iono, I lack creativity too, so I'm probably no help. These are just off the top of my head.

Eliminate Ebanks.... Meeks is backup 2.. Martin would mean Ebanks is out of the rotation

Oh yeah I forgot about meeks :smh:

Really want to see ebanks flourish this year, hopefully he gets to play some minutes with nash.

ska-labrine :smokin nice one cp :lol:

Last edited:
So after 1 season with a mediocre team, Mike brown just doesn't know how to set up and use a rotation huh?

Can y'all who feel that way just get over last year. I still don't get how one could admit we weren't solid all around last year, and STILL find a way to point the finger at brown's rotations :smh:

Now with THIS TEAM if it's anything less than a 10/11 man rotation, then open the flood gates

IMO going back and forth on big/small minutes for Sessions, Ebanks, McRoberts, Murphy, and even Hill a little is not a good thing, so in that respect I don't think he was good.

Yeah the bench was awful. Murphy shouldn't have touched the floor. Often times he didn't - and it should've stayed that way.

10/11 man rotation is always a little too much unless the 10th/11th man is just getting clean-up minutes. The key players should be the starting 5, + Jamison, Hill, Meeks, and likely Blake. 9 max, shuffle Jamison between the 3 and 4. Ebanks can get some minutes but probably nothing major.

No need to sign anyone else unless there's someone out there who can do better than someone listed above. Kenyon is arguable, but other than that I don't think anyone out there can. You can always argue insurance against injury, sure, but I don't think anyone like Barbosa or Kenyon is signing onto a situation where they might, might not play.

Last edited:
Aside from CP, I honestly don't think some of you guys have a clue as to what was so wrong with the rotation last year. I feel like many of you guys just piggy back off of what somebody else was saying and just stuck with that as an excuse

Yyyyoooooo, CP!!!

DarthSka just feels Goodman. :smokin

Eskalade :lol:

Skatomylou :lol:

BasedKupSka... I'd jock this idea & cut it down to BasedSka and throw it in the running if I didn't have 3 I already liked

OldManSka :stoneface: [mr.garrett voice] You go to hell. You go to hell and you die. [/garrett] :lol:

SkaDaProphet :smokin I like the Wu vibe to this one. Unfortunately, 'da' is one of those words that drives me up the wall (shut it, ninjahood. Da General forum is that way.)

Think I'm going to mull over DarthSka, skalastuk, & SkaIsDead. Or SkaIsEvol. Or evolska.

Or BasedSka. :\

Damn I hate being so indecisive. :lol: I can hear my g/f now. "Just PICK ONE!"

"I can't! There's white chocolate & raspberry & warm caramel on cinnamon or raspberry yogurt... or just mint chips & hot fudge on chocolate or vanilla yogurt... or mango & kiwi & strawberry & chocolate syrup on raspberry yogurt! Aaaahhhh! And then... do I want milk w/ that, or coffee? :\ Or just water? Alright, tell you what, let me get mint chips and... OOOOHHHH... you guys have chocolate and plain waffle cones?! :wow: "

:lol:

Alright, so what do you guys think between these?
- DarthSka
- skalastuk
- SkaIsDead
- SkaIsEvol
- evolska
- BasedSka

DarthSkaIsDead? :smokin

:rofl:

AlaSKA
CheapSKAte
Skwag
SKAters Gonna SKAte