New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Wow..man I still get chills when I watch that video. We went to that game on a whim. I looked at ebay that morning for tickets and got 3 seats for 80 in the upper corner. It's crazy how cheap seats were then. 05-09 Lakers games were easy to get into. I was just showing my daughter a pic of us from that game...

That was before tip off....she doesn't remember that she saw one of the great moments in the history of the franchise..

Now she remembers all of them!
smokin.gif
She goes with me to at least 2 games a year. She been a fan since day one!!!
smokin.gif
Good stuff.

Yeah, I completely agree w/ chosen123. Some of you guys, man... actually, a majority... just jumped on the anti-MB bandwagon, spit out the same criticisms you've heard from others, and that's that.

I've had so many conversations along the lines of...
"Oh, you're a Lakers fan? That's what's up."
"Yessir. So what do you think of Brown? You sick of him too?"
"Why are you sick of him?"
"Because he's terrible!"
"Why do you say that?"
"Because he's horrible!"
"I mean, what's he doing wrong?"
"Being a bad coach."

:lol:

And that's in person, but it's so obvious that there are tons of people who just piggyback off of the opinions they read online and have no idea what to say when the conversation about Mike Brown takes place in person. :lol:

Tupac, you know them pics get me everytime. Congrats man.

French, good **** bruh. And yeah, about that growin up mess, it bites. :frown: My little girl ain't so little no more either and it's crushing.

As for the rotation stuff. :lol: :lol: :lol: I didn't wanna say nothin, but uh, yeah, some strong points are bein made. I probably caused a lot of crap last year and didn't mean to do so, but with everything, I knew I was right in my assessment. Dude killed me slow last year and I hope to God a true regular season and an upgrade talent wise will help us, but if I see a 40 next to Nash or Kobe's name under the minutes category, and we didn't play 9 overtimes, I'm breakin ****. Serious.

Phil spoiled me, sue me. :lol:

tupac...you were the one that got chosen to do the half-court shot at the Lakers game, correct? :Ntha
Yep...and she was there with me for that! :smokin

Damn Tupac, time flies. Your daughter looks all grown up in the last pic compared to her as a baby.
I have a 3 week old daughter, and I can't imagine her getting older :\

3 weeks? :nthat:

CONGRATS!!!! Man that's great!!! But I'm tellin you...the time does fly! Mine will be 8 in Jan...just looking at the pics and watchin NBATV today just shows me time is FLYING by. We are all growing up!

One thing that remains constant is you can't keep this Lakers franchise down for long. I can't wait for this season to start. I know I'll be able to be in staples for one game but due to deployment in mid Jan I won't be back until the START of next season. Yall better hold it down for me! :D

CP and French yall catchin any games this year? Myself and some of the old heads who aren't on the board as much were tryin to catch the game when Shaq retires.

Last edited:
Yeah, I completely agree w/ chosen123. Some of you guys, man... actually, a majority... just jumped on the anti-MB bandwagon, spit out the same criticisms you've heard from others, and that's that.
I've had so many conversations along the lines of...
"Oh, you're a Lakers fan? That's what's up."
"Yessir. So what do you think of Brown? You sick of him too?"
"Why are you sick of him?"
"Because he's terrible!"
"Why do you say that?"
"Because he's horrible!"
"I mean, what's he doing wrong?"
"Being a bad coach."
:lol:
And that's in person, but it's so obvious that there are tons of people who just piggyback off of the opinions they read online and have no idea what to say when the conversation about Mike Brown takes place in person. :lol:

yea man that got so annoying. People hating MB and not even knowing the reason why.

Thanks guys. Tupac, I'm gonna try to make it to at least 1 game this year. Waiting anxiously when they announce the date of when Shaq's jersey will be retired.

CP and French yall catchin any games this year? Myself and some of the old heads who aren't on the board as much were tryin to catch the game when Shaq retires.

Man I wish, but I doubt it. I am tryin to make it down to San Fran for the 9ers/Dolphins in December, but I doubt I'd make it back down anytime soon for a Laker game. If I win the lottery tho, I'm there no doubt. I need to learn how to win the lottery when I don't even play it, but hey, details details.

Friend of mine may try to get me into one of the Laker-Blazer games up here, but I think he wants that just so he can see me get beat up by 50 losers. :lol:

Something to read if you're bored. No concrete info but still nice to hear.

A very informative post by dfchang813.....

A few more highlights from the latest Dr. Klapper interview on Mason and Ireland today:

1. He reiterated that Dwight should be back in prime form by season opener. He has never budged from that because it is pretty straightforward. 4 months shut down from date of surgery and then start working out again to get conditioning and strength back.

They didn't know his date of surgery but I do: 0*****/2012. That would put 4 months at exactly 08/20/2012 and we know he has been working out a few days earlier even than that.

You need 4 months so that scar tissue can build up and fully mature around the hole you drilled to take out the herniated disc and plug it up thus preventing another herniation.

Also we now know that Dwight's herniation is at the level of L4-L5 which is the most common area for disc herniation.

2. Contrary to popular belief, Dwight likely DID NOT suffer the injury from any acute blow on the basketball court from a hit by another player or falling etc. Likely it was caused simply by the wear and tear of playing such an extraordinary amount of minutes without taking any games off over a 7 year period. Once fixed, Dr. Klapper feels there should be no long-term problems.

3. Dr. Klapper did add that Dwight should obviously pay more attention to core strengthening exercises to take more pressure off his back.

4. He mentioned that ANY surgery takes a year for you to fully feel normal again (as a surgeon I can attest to this) but in my OWN PROFESSIONAL opinion, this is voodoo to deflect any patient complaints over small, trivial deviations from normal. After a year, the patient will likely either get used to the new sensation or forget about it.

He feels that while Dwight may feel slightly odd, this should in no way impact his athleticism or basketball play on the court. In other words, unlike Bynum, Dwight is not going to be "playing scared" (Dr. Klapper's words) because he's thinking of another injury to his back for instance.

So final summary, Dwight injury is caused by wear and tear of thousands of NBA minutes over 7 years, it's a very small injury, and he is on schedule to start the season at basically full strength (or however close to full strength 2 full months of running, weights, and basketball activity can get you. The rest he'll pick up over the first month or so of the season)

Hope that helps and if we hear NOTHING more out of the Lakers camp, that will be good news.

Right now, things should be pretty boring because he is simply "catching up" on the 4 full months where he basically sat around doing nothing waiting for his back to scar up so he wouldn't reherniate the disc.

We'll get another update when training camp opens and see where he is at. He won't be quite at full strength obviously but depending on how cautious the Lakers are, they may have him take part in basketball drills and practice anyway.

Again, if everything goes according to plan, there should be NO REASON for him not to participate. The injury and the surgery is past him, he's basically working on regaining his form now and that will take time after a 4 month lay off.

LOL the forum censored the date 4 / 20. The exact date of his surgery was April 20

Last edited:
Man I wish, but I doubt it. I am tryin to make it down to San Fran for the 9ers/Dolphins in December, but I doubt I'd make it back down anytime soon for a Laker game. If I win the lottery tho, I'm there no doubt. I need to learn how to win the lottery when I don't even play it, but hey, details details.
Friend of mine may try to get me into one of the Laker-Blazer games up here, but I think he wants that just so he can see me get beat up by 50 losers. :lol:

LMAO! I went to the last one up there (got stationed in Washington made the drive down). Nobody will do a damn thing to you...LOL I was there talking big ish too!! We lost the game but I didn't care!

Rare Kobe rookie year 1996 summer league game. Although he was only 17. You can tell he was a superstar in the making.:smokin :x

:wow: Fisher hop at 5:28 :nerd:

Yong Kobe was raw but wow you can still see so much of the same player that hes become today, footwork, athleticism, ball handling, and shooting were all there at such a young age. Even a sprinkle of defense and a classic bad kobe shot or two :lol:.

D Fish yoked it on somebody though :wow:, jeez that was unexpected.

Back
Top Bottom