New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

For Deron Williams to come to LA, these things need to happen:

- His top choice needs to be LA, and he needs to stick to it.

- The Nets need to accomodate his request to go to LA by willing to talk sign-and-trade. If Deron is serious about LA, then they'd likely take this over letting Deron walk (or they could call his bluff).

- LA and the Nets need to agree on the right set of players for LA to send over. This package would need to equal Deron's new salary - so probably Pau or Bynum is the main centerpiece.

If he is open about leaving the Nets for another team and he's also open to Dallas, the Nets don't HAVE to take LA's players.

I don't know how delicate or probable a sign-and-trade scenario would be, so it's tough to predict it.

But if Deron seriously wants to come to LA - which sounds likely once he's passed over Brooklyn - then he can try to force his way there. Say he's going to LA, so the Nets better take the sign-and-trade if they want anything. If the Nets continue to say no, I don't know what happens or who has the leverage.

But if he does force his way to LA for, say, a package with Pau Gasol, then the Lakers could potentially trade Bynum off for Dwight Howard IF the reports are true he wants out and IF that Bynum/Blake/Ebanks deal was the one the Magic preferred in February.

Other teams have figured out how to stop our bigs a long time ago. Two slow and unathletic bigs that can't defend and score effectively is not a good look anymore . Time to blow it up . Either keep one big or trade both of them

Originally Posted by TheGoldenChild

i think jerry sloan would be the perfect fit.. and that is also a reason why i think the lakers should get rid of bynum.. cause he doesnt do well with authority coaches.. kobe will thrive under him and if they keep gasol, i think he will too, if the offense is better suited for him.. but that also means that if the lakers decide to get rid of gasol or bynum, that deron williams will not be an option, because many said that williams was the reason that sloan left as the jazz head coach
Bynum did great under Phil and he's definitely an authority coach. Mike Brown is a push over. Drew would blossom under Jerry's guidance. 
Why would Pau say that? Because if there was a coach that actually had him in the post, he'd be effective. Word to Magic. 
laugh.gif

WestCoastFinest with the Delusional Post.

Bynum had a career year this year... And played better this year's playoff than last year's playoffs.

And I remind you of the JJ Barea incident on how "authority" worked for him.

You are absolutely delusional. Trying to fit your argument as to why Sloan would be better.. When Bynum played better under Brown.. And when Phil couldn't get Pau to play hard either.

Pau doesn't have the strength to play the post.. When he got into the post this year and it wasn't a rarity unlike a Bynum 3-pointer, he immediately passed, or faded away.. Which he did in 2011 as well.

Sloan wouldn't get a damn thing more out of Bynum & Pau than Phil got 2010-2011, or 2011-2012 under Brown.

Originally Posted by Essential1

WestCoastFinest with the Delusional Post.

Bynum had a career year this year... And played better this year's playoff than last year's playoffs.

And I remind you of the JJ Barea incident on how "authority" worked for him.

Pau hasn't been in the post since 2010..

You are absolutely delusional. Trying to fit your argument as to why Sloan would be better.. When Bynum played better under Brown.. And when Phil couldn't get Pau to play hard either.

Pau doesn't have the strength to play the post.. When he got into the post this year and it wasn't a rarity unlike a Bynum 3-pointer, he immediately passed, or faded away.. Which he did in 2011 as well.

Sloan wouldn't get a damn thing more out of Bynum & Pau than Phil got 2010-2011, or 2011-2012 under Brown.

Pot meet kettle
laugh.gif

In other news OTAs just started
pimp.gif

Some people don't understand that Sloan and JVG were available when MB was hired, and they won't lose 12 mil to fire brown. If they didn't want those coaches then, they don't want them now when it costs them 12 mil.
MB is our coach next season, get over it.

and by the way it's not easy to break away from set plays in the offense and go rogue and post up, Pau is not being used correctly by MB. The coach has him on the perimeter setting screens and passing. Obviously Pau gets pushed around, but if they really wanted to post him up they can design plays to overcome that.

Originally Posted by Lizaker4Lizife

Some people don't understand that Sloan and JVG were available when MB was hired, and they won't lose 12 mil to fire brown. If they didn't want those coaches then, they don't want them now when it costs them 12 mil.
MB is our coach next season, get over it.

and by the way it's not easy to break away from set plays in the offense and go rogue and post up, Pau is not being used correctly by MB. The coach has him on the perimeter setting screens and passing. Obviously Pau gets pushed around, but if they really wanted to post him up they can design plays to overcome that.

Kobe Bryant
wink.gif

If Odom gets his mind right I wouldn't be surprised to see him come back for the mini MLE. At least I hope that's what happens
laugh.gif

Anyways since everyone's throwing out ridiculous scenarios that won't happen, trade Bynum, Blake and filler/trade exemption for a Dwight package, Pau and fillers for a DW sign and trade when he forces his way to LA, and bring Odom back.

1 - Deron/Odom (yes I have Odom running the point
pimp.gif
)
2 - Kobe/Redick/Mini Mamba
3 - Ron/Ebanks
4 - Odom/Hill
5 - Dwight/stiff

Perimeter defense is solid with Ron and Kobe and improves leaps and bounds by adding D-Will. Interior and pick and roll D improves with Howard and we become a ton more active/athletic inside with Dwight/Odom/Hill instead of Pau and Drew. Dwight isn't great at creating his own offense but that's what D-Will is for.  How do we pay all those guys? Not my problem. Maybe we should hire Shaq the GM to figure it out.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

We'd be no better with Sloan.. You're asking for lateral movement..
Not only does he preach defense, he actually has a legitimate offense. We'd be a championship contender with him. 2 passing big men and Kobe, Jerry will thrive with us. 

2 Hall of Famers for 18 years. And one of the top 3 point shooters for 7 of 18.... ZERO Titles... Let's not forget he couldn't handle Deron Williams who is a boy scout compared to the characters on this team
thats true but he was facing micheal jordan in the finals. and no one beat him in the finals so u cant blame him entirely.

LO would also help alleviate the ball handling pressure Glock would be under if he were to be the backup point guard.

As long as we can pay Lamar in candy, I'll take him back...

Mini-MLE? NAHHHHHH. I'd rather go after a back up 1 or 2 with that.

Lamar wants to play, he'll have to do it for Veteran's Minimum.. If he doesn't then he can have his mental breakdown elsewhere.

Anyway word is he wants to play for the Knicks http://probasketballtalk....ants-to-play-for-knicks/

Im confused....Mike Brown had to deal with a rogue Kobe, soft Gasol, lazy/cocky Bynum, no bench, old team, and implementing a whole new system in a lockout year

Got the #3 seed and got to the 2nd round when it was pretty much a known consensus that we would be a quick 1st round out....

AND YOU GUYS ARE STILL CALLING FOR MB's HEAD?! OH LAWD HAM MERCY!!!

He isnt the best coach obviously but let him live! Where is the loyalty??? Trust me I hate MB, but even I know when a coach is facing an uphill battle
it doesnt make things any better when the fan base brings added pressure when they dont know the half. Just chill out with all the fire MB talk. He is a Laker now for better or worse
just deal with it and try to make the best out of the situation. There were A LOT of positives this season.

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

Im confused....Mike Brown had to deal with a rogue Kobe, soft Gasol, lazy/cocky Bynum, no bench, old team, and implementing a whole new system in a lockout year

Got the #3 seed and got to the 2nd round when it was pretty much a known consensus that we would be a quick 1st round out....

He isnt the best coach obviously but let him live! Where is the loyalty??? Trust me I hate MB, but even I know when a coach is facing an uphill battle
it doesnt make things any better when the fan base brings added pressure when they dont know the half. Just chill out with all the fire MB talk. He is a Laker now for better or worse
just deal with it and try to make the best out of the situation. There were A LOT of positives this season.

There's been a few of us constantly tryna get that point across.......trust me, some people just don't/won't get it

Originally Posted by thachosen123

There's been a few of us constantly tryna get that point across.......trust me, some people just don't/won't get it
I'm sayin tho...this is getting ridiculous...when did we as Laker fans get like this??
I might hate the things you do but if your a Laker than I WANT to see you excel...why would I want the Lakers to do bad just so he can get fired...

Anyway....GO LAKERS!

He isnt the best coach obviously but let him live! Where is the loyalty??? 
loyalty to what?? didnt nobody want freakin mike brown in the first place! laker fans bashing this clown mike brown whne he was in cleveland now treating him like hes some legendary head coach??? that dont even make sense. dude should have never been hired in the first place. buss just got him cuz he was cheap.. this guy should have NO ROOM for mess ups. You aint get the job done bye bye. this aint the kings organization here its the lakers. rich in history. Lebron james potato head puppet needs to be gone NOW... who in their right mind after seeing dude in cleveland basically be a "yes man" coach would want to keep this guy around is mind boggling.... 
This mike brown low budget experience needs to officially end. Kobe needs to make the call...

they need to try and trade for deron AND dwight. they tried to get dwight and chris paul last year. try and do the same this year. this franchise is on the brink of dark days if they cant come up with something for the future.

sign and trade sessions and pau for deron. trade bynum and trash for dwight...

thats a pipe dream but old #$+ chucking kobe aint gonna cut it no more

LO says his first option is the Knicks.

NobleKane is right. Lakers have 2 more years of Kobe and Pau taking up the cap. They'll retain Bynum (if only so they have a trading piece), putting them way over the cap with those 3 alone.

2013-14 will suck with those guys most likely.

They can strike gold in the summer of 2014 with free agents (if there are any good ones). But it might take a year or two before the right star, who wants to move teams, who the Lakers can build around, comes around.

Back
Top Bottom