New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

let the rumors start flying!
laugh.gif

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Doesnt_See_Mavericks_As_Good_Spot_In_Long_Run
[h3]
[h3]Source: Deron Doesn't See Mavericks As Good Spot In Long-Run[/h3]
May 23, 2012 2:33 PM EDT

Williams_Deron_njn_120516.jpg

Deron Williams prefers to re-sign with the Nets, but he also would consider going to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade, according to a source.

The Lakers appear to be a more suitable alternative for Williams than the Mavericks.

"There's no longevity there," said a source close to Williams of the Maveric

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ericks_As_Good_Spot_In_Long_Run#ixzz1vilTBzDh
[/h3]

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ericks_As_Good_Spot_In_Long_Run#ixzz1vilTBzDh

Originally Posted by denni5themenace

laugh.gif

http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Doesnt_See_Mavericks_As_Good_Spot_In_Long_Run
[h3]

Deron Williams prefers to re-sign with the Nets, but he also would consider going to the Lakers in a sign-and-trade, according to a source.

The Lakers appear to be a more suitable alternative for Williams than the Mavericks.

Read more:http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...ericks_As_Good_Spot_In_Long_Run#ixzz1vilTBzDh
[/h3]
DO IT MITCH!!!!!

I highly doubt it hapens though

laugh.gif
i dont even believe these things, theyre just amusing to me

Everyone gets down on the rumors but people did rumor CP3 to the Lakers and dudes including myself were like "NAHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

If CP3 hit the Lakers Dwight would have been next.

Maybe Deron putting on the purple and gold will push Dwight to wake up and get out to the West Coast.

quick question would a sign and trade even work just sessions for d-will straight up? or would more pieces needed to be added

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

No way in hell Nets give up both Williams and Lopez for Gasol.

But they might for Bynum.

Andrew Bynum didn't show up in back to back elimination games. He's had a piss poor attitude and made it abundantly clear he doesn't really care about being a Laker.
I'm not even convinced he cares about being great. The inconsistency is unbelievable. How does anyone who's capable of grabbing 30 rebounds a game only get FOUR (4)
in an elimination game!!!??? Kobe Bean Bryant outrebounded Andrew Bynum. That's a problem. Remember when he lambasted Gasol for only getting 3 rebounds in a game?
Speaking of Gasol, he at least played with effort...like he wanted to play in LA next year.

We don't have many ways to improve our team. Obviously can't trade Kobe. Pau Gasol at his age and with his contract, what can we REALLY get back for him? Does anyone
truly believe Atlanta will part ways with Josh Smith AND Jeff Teague for Pau Gasol? I know we're used to fleecing teams, but I'm sure they've caught on now. Bynum is our
only option to get a meaningful return and actually have a chance at getting another title with Kobe on this team. I don't want Dwight Howard for him either.
If New Jersey is willing to give you Williams/Lopez for Bynum, you have to "ship his @$# out." You still have size with two 7 footers, who can get you 15-20 a game in addition to one of the best Point Guards in the league.

Thoughts?

I really think trading Bynum for anything other than Howard would be a failure on management's part for trying to get a championship team.

Trade Bynum for Deron...

At best case scenario you can get Derrick Williams & Michael Beasley...

Then we are undersized completely with no defense or scoring threats at PF or Center (Beas & Williams are better served as SF... Williams even proclaimed he doesn't like the PF position and is a SF).. Not to mention no money to get a Big.

Nets wouldn't give Williams & Lopez for Bynum either...  Why trade them both, when the Lakers could settle for just Deron..  The Nets were trying to trade ONLY Brook for Dwight Howard in December. 

It's either Pau and fillers for Deron  or  shrug it off.

Deron won't be on the Lakers.

i havent watched a whole lot of T'Wolves basketball but is there potential in Derrick Williams? he seems ehh to me gotta watch him play to get a better opinion

Originally Posted by thaSOLEful1

i havent watched a whole lot of T'Wolves basketball but is there potential in Derrick Williams? he seems ehh to me gotta watch him play to get a better opinion
Young players are always iffy because for every guy who develops into a superstar is a guy who fails.

But Williams showed to be a very capable scorer from the paint to 3point. He needs to just be smarter on his shot selection.

He's an average rebounder.

There is room for growth

Originally Posted by PMatic

sl5spk.jpg

Lakers get: Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia and Chase Budinger
Rockets get: Pau Gasol and Steve Blake
Hawks get: Kevin Martin, Samuel Dalembert, #14 pick
Yeah, I put some thought into this trade.
laugh.gif

Let me know what you think.

Man &@^# you for this
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Worse than what Essential1 would come up with.
Unless...Essential1...your move
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Man &@^# you for this
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 Worse than what Essential1 would come up with.
Unless...Essential1...your move
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

I've actually been one of the more realistic people in this thread..

Most unrealistic thing I've said was Pau for Williams and Beasley.. And even then I said that was our best case scenario trade for Pau

Lakers get: Josh Smith, Zaza Pachulia and Chase Budinger
Rockets get: Pau Gasol and Steve Blake
Hawks get: Kevin Martin, Samuel Dalembert, #14 pick

And...

- Deron & Lopez for Bynum

- Deron
- Kobe
- Josh
- Artest
- Zaza/Lopez

- Sessions
- Chase
- Zaza/Lopez
- Jordan Hill
- Barnes
- Troy Murphy
- McBob
- Goudelocke

And THEEEEENNNNNN...

- those last 4 (Barnes, McBob, Murphy, & Glock) for Dwight

- Deron
- Kobe
- Josh
- Artest
- D12

- Sessions
- Chase
- Zaza
- Lopez
- Jordan Hill

Do it, Mitch!!
smokin.gif

Spoiler [+]
fine%20troll%20dancing.gif

I honestly think LA will swing some type of 3 way deal that lands Deron (including Pau) similar to the CP3 deal and maybe a wing player, and I'm 100% positive that HOU/MIN will be in it. Think it goes down at the draft or very soon after as well.

My post was predicated on the Nets realizing Deron won't be back and rather than losing him for nothing, be proactive and upgrade their Center position to at least save face.

I think Deron is using us to make sure the Mavs up their $$$.

I don't want Josh Smith for Pau UNLESS we pull Dwight.  Josh Smith next to Bynum scares the hell out of me.  I'd worry even more about no shows, and Kobe 35 shot games. 

But Josh next to Dwight would make me think they both show up and defend like rabbid dogs, and then Kobe would chuck a lot less, say 33 shots or so. 

Josh is younger, cheaper, and might even be nice next to Bynum, but I'm more than a little nervous about when Drew wants to show up and what not.  Not to mention, Pau was Drew injury insurance, Josh wouldn't be that. 

No to J-Smoove if MB is still coach, Pau floating on the perimeter all season and now Josh Smith shooting Js
sick.gif
sick.gif

Originally Posted by Rex Ryan

laugh.gif

[h3]

[/h3]
DO IT MITCH!!!!!

I highly doubt it hapens though

Deron Williams as our point would be great but that means we won't get Sloan and likely stick with Mike Brown. 
ohwell.gif
 But Laker rumors don't happen. 
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom