New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

LO says his first option is the Knicks.

NobleKane is right. Lakers have 2 more years of Kobe and Pau taking up the cap. They'll retain Bynum (if only so they have a trading piece), putting them way over the cap with those 3 alone.

2013-14 will suck with those guys most likely.

They can strike gold in the summer of 2014 with free agents (if there are any good ones). But it might take a year or two before the right star, who wants to move teams, who the Lakers can build around, comes around.
If you guys wait, Brandon Jennings is most likely willing to come if there's an opening at the PG position. Deron will most likely resign with the Nets. 
I do agree with the people that are saying the Lakers FO should trade Pau. I think Bynum for Howard will happen in the near future. 

I wish harden would come to the Lakers, He is that one player for me that is good enough to be the guy(in LA) when kobe leaves.

^ we dont have the money to offer dude. i'd love to get harden, but thats a pipe dream. not to mention getting harden wouldn't necessarily improve us vastly as long as we have guys that refuse to bring it every night. hell black manu could run point for us. we'd make him a starter. no more 6th man awards for the young buck.  he has a lot of skill and the potential to be a franchise guy i think. especially working under kb.

NobleKane:
didn't nobody want freakin mike brown in the first place!
EXACTLY my point. Y'all never gave him a fair chance. It ain't like he came in and you guys were open then he effed up. Nah, he came into a situation where he was hated on before he even had his own Laker office. And you guys can SAY he would have won you over if we won it all this year, but... more on that in a sec.
NobleKane:
laker fans bashing this clown mike brown whne he was in cleveland now treating him like hes some legendary head coach??? that dont even make sense.
What doesn't make sense is all this 'legendary coach' crap.
laugh.gif
In every Laker thread, you won't be able to find a half dozen responses where someone makes a statement that would suggest the author thinks MB is legendary.
laugh.gif
We just recognize that he's DEFINITELY fighting an uphill battle, and doing alright at it. Perfect? Nope. Terrible? Nope (even though you guys have lost perspective of what 'terrible' is and you would call him terrible). Legendary? Nope.
NobleKane:
dude should have never been hired in the first place.
Well he was.
NobleKane:
buss just got him cuz he was cheap
So who were the other more expensive options that Buss turned down? I'll wait for you to wait for someone else to answer this so you can cosign their answer.
laugh.gif
NobleKane:
this guy should have NO ROOM for mess ups.
Exaaaaaaaactly; perfectionist expectations. And THAT'S why y'all would NOT give him credit even if we would have won it all. You can SAY that you would have all been like "Ok, ok, I was wrong. Thanks for #17, Mike!", but whenever someone has perfectionist expectations, THEY SIMPLY CANNOT BE PLEASED. Period. You guys would have been saying things like "I mean, it's really a testament to Kobe's greatness that he won #6 w/ THAT guy as a coach."
laugh.gif
NobleKane:
You aint get the job done bye bye. this aint the kings organization here its the lakers. rich in history.
Straight out of CP's replies.
laugh.gif

Kobye - The Kobe That We Use To Know 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

salty fans

You didn't have to hog the ball.
You're triple teamed so kick it out to either Blake or Sessions.
I know that they don't shoot so well,
But you're really not the Kobe that we used to know.

New rumor: Lakers looking to get Iguodala via trade in the offseason..Source: Alex Kennedy of hoops world

^Not surprised. His name has been thrown around for awhile. The trade originally was Odom for Iggy if I recall. I wonder what pieces would be included....Gasol for Iggy? What happens to Artest? Amnesty?

I guess I should chill...it's another "Laker" rumor
laugh.gif

Sixers don't want Pau either
roll.gif
Each team just don't want Pau

So far every team just wants the cap space

^That's a great point. What team is lining up to take on that $19 mill/yr. for Gasol? I can't imagine there's many takers.

The Sixers should be moving Iggy and one of those combo guards for an All-Star. They have too many players that are in a similar mold. Not to mention, Brand's contract is crippling their ability to make any moves in Free Agency. Iggy & a piece is their only shot at getting that All-Star in the next 2-3 years.

I just don't know who the hell we'd be looking at moving for him. We have no picks, no expiring contracts...just Gasol, Bynum and "trash."

Brown gets swept in 07, COMPLETELY outcoached, but also undermanned.  Still, pass.

Brown gets knocked out in 08 in a tough series, pass given

Brown has HC, knocked out by Orlando and was supremely outcoached, had ZERO adjustments even tho the Magic beat them the same God damn way each freaking game.  Pass

Brown has HC AGAIN, knocked out by the Celts again, oh look, a pass shall be given. 

Brown joins LA, we make up 157 excuses, pass is given. 

But hey, this is alllllllllllllll in my head.  NONE of this I just typed actually happened.  No it most certainly did not.  Mike Brown was a success in every one of those years/series.  5 playoff runs, knocked out each time with plenty of coaching issues to be shown.  ALL of it his fault?  No, course not.  Pretty obvious he is a disadvatage when it gets real?  Yep, clear as %+%!$*@ day.  But hey, here's a pass, come back and waste another year.  Thx. 
laugh.gif

We almost lost in the first round to a team of complete boneheads, even while we were up.  Our team had trouble finishing games, possibly due to their legs being gone?  I guess those 45 minute nights in February didn't do anything for us.  I'm making this up. 
In the second of a back to back, IN THE PLAYOFFS, we went with a 7 man rotation. 

On our bench we have a bunch of kids that could run for 5 years without getting tired, did we prepare them in ANY way during the season for action?  Bet your *@% we didn't.  Nope.  We sat Ebanks, and Goudelock all damn year long, ya know, cuz they didn't flash in the 4 minutes there were given, and that's PLENTY of time to shine thru as a player.  You betcha. 
laugh.gif

But yeah, we'll just hand that pass over, and wait patiently while our best players get even older.  We have all the time in the world, yes we sure do. 

But yes, we're the ones not getting it.  I know. 
laugh.gif

CHI1979–80823052.3663rd in Midwest————Missed Playoffs
CHI1980–81824537.5492nd in Central624.333Lost in First Round
CHI1981–82511931.373(fired)—————
UTA1988–89654025.6151st in Midwest303.000Lost in First Round
UTA1989–90825527.6712nd in Midwest523.400Lost in First Round
UTA1990–91825428.6592nd in Midwest945.444Lost in Conf. Semifinals
UTA1991–92825527.6711st in Midwest1697.563Lost in Conf. Finals
UTA1992–93824735.5733rd in Midwest523.400Lost in First Round
UTA1993–94825329.6463rd in Midwest1688.500Lost in Conf. Finals
UTA1994–95826022.7322nd in Midwest523.400Lost in First Round
UTA1995–96825527.6712nd in Midwest18108.556Lost in Conf. Finals
UTA1996–97826418.7801st in Midwest20137.650Lost in NBA Finals
UTA1997–98826220.7561st in Midwest20137.650Lost in NBA Finals
UTA1998–99503713.7402nd in Midwest1156.455Lost in Conf. Semifinals
UTA1999–00825527.6713rd in Midwest1046.400Lost in Conf. Semifinals
UTA2000–01825329.6463rd in Midwest523.400Lost in First Round
UTA2001–02824438.5374th in Midwest413.250Lost in First Round
UTA2002–03824735.5734th in Midwest514.200Lost in First Round
UTA2003–04824240.5127th in Midwest————Missed Playoffs
UTA2004–05822656.3175th in Northwest————Missed Playoffs
UTA2005–06824141.5002nd in Northwest————Missed Playoffs
UTA2006–07825131.6211st in Northwest1798.529Lost in Conf. Finals
UTA2007–08825428.6591st in Northwest1266.500Lost in Conf. Semifinals
UTA2008–09824834.5853rd in Northwest514.200Lost in First Round
UTA2009–10825329.6461st in Northwest1046.400Lost in Conf. Semifinals
UTA2010–11543123.574(resigned)—————

Ya'll know who's coaching career that is. But yet we fiend for his services and continue to grant him a pass.

#jussayin

Originally Posted by AG 47

^That's a great point. What team is lining up to take on that $19 mill/yr. for Gasol? I can't imagine there's many takers.

The Sixers should be moving Iggy and one of those combo guards for an All-Star. They have too many players that are in a similar mold. Not to mention, Brand's contract is crippling their ability to make any moves in Free Agency. Iggy & a piece is their only shot at getting that All-Star in the next 2-3 years.

I just don't know who the hell we'd be looking at moving for him. We have no picks, no expiring contracts...just Gasol, Bynum and "trash."

Would most definitely be a 3 team trade.. With Pau being sent out to the 3rd team.. 

Best bet with that is the TWolves.. Have Mid-Level Contracts, a lot of expirations in this year or next.. Have interest in Pau.. And have picks in the future, albeit the worthless #13-18 picks with their future
laugh.gif

I would give the trade scenario but I don't want to anger my cohorts who don't appreciate the fun in the trade machine

Its just pointless to keep going back and forth about Mike Brown. He's the coach, he aint going no where this offseason.

Do yall honestly think Jerry Sloan at 105 years old can lead them back to winning championships in the future?

I don't see how the Lakers get rid of Mike Brown. They're just going to give him all that money for nothing and make him walk?

They'll use the shortened season as an excuse and give him at least another year.

Unless they are really desperate and bringing another title to LA next season.

Can we just drop the Fire Mike Brown talk?

It's a fact that he will be not be fired especially after a short season and being  his first season.

Things that should just be dropped: Lamar Odom, firing Mike Brown, the ridiculous 3-team trades.

The Dwight or Deron talk - it might be a pipe dream, but even a 2% chance of landing one of them > the 0% chance of those things above.

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

Things that should just be dropped: Lamar Odom, firing Mike Brown, the ridiculous 3-team trades.

The Dwight or Deron talk - it might be a pipe dream, but even a 2% chance of landing one of them > the 0% chance of those things above.

A 3 team trade where we get someone other than Deron or Dwight is much more likely than getting Deron or Dwight.  As is Lamar coming here.

if Pau is traded (which likelihood is high).. It's more likely to be a 3 team trade than a 2 team swap just because of his contract size.

And everyone calm down (I'm not singling you out, this is in general) it's an internet thread.. Have some fun.. Go mess with trade machine.. Create a wild scenario that is semi-plausible.. We are not actually in the Lakers FO.. We have no real investment on the Lakers.. So enjoy the thread..

I mean the ones where people are proposing one deal that nets both Deron and Dwight, or Dwight and Josh Smith, or something absolutely crazy.

Usually the third team is there to facilitate a trade and add in a missing piece while receiving something decent in return. For example, a scenario sending Pau to Minny is a lot more plausible - Minny facilitates the trade between the Lakers and the other team by being one of the only clubs with interest in Pau.

So I agree on the Pau front. If he's traded, they'll likely need to use Minny or Houston as a "dumping ground" for him cause they seem to be the only ones who like him, while sending their desirable players to Orlando, New Jersey, or whatever team the Lakers target.

I don't know what Mitch is going to do this offseason, but I just don't want another season of the Kobesystem...and that's not really a dis to Kobe, but IMO it's just not fun to watch at all. Maybe Sessions could be that guy to run the offense without deferring to Kobe all the time. I mean he did come in mid season and had his role on the team change several times. And I'm not cool with trading Pau just for the sake of trading him. If it's not real value coming back, I'm all for keeping him here.

Originally Posted by CP1708

Brown gets swept in 07, COMPLETELY outcoached, but also undermanned.  Still, pass.

Brown gets knocked out in 08 in a tough series, pass given

Brown has HC, knocked out by Orlando and was supremely outcoached, had ZERO adjustments even tho the Magic beat them the same God damn way each freaking game.  Pass

Brown has HC AGAIN, knocked out by the Celts again, oh look, a pass shall be given. 

Brown joins LA, we make up 157 excuses, pass is given. 

But hey, this is alllllllllllllll in my head.  NONE of this I just typed actually happened.  No it most certainly did not.  Mike Brown was a success in every one of those years/series.  5 playoff runs, knocked out each time with plenty of coaching issues to be shown.  ALL of it his fault?  No, course not.  Pretty obvious he is a disadvatage when it gets real?  Yep, clear as %+%!$*@ day.  But hey, here's a pass, come back and waste another year.  Thx. 
laugh.gif

We almost lost in the first round to a team of complete boneheads, even while we were up.  Our team had trouble finishing games, possibly due to their legs being gone?  I guess those 45 minute nights in February didn't do anything for us.  I'm making this up. 
In the second of a back to back, IN THE PLAYOFFS, we went with a 7 man rotation. 

On our bench we have a bunch of kids that could run for 5 years without getting tired, did we prepare them in ANY way during the season for action?  Bet your *@% we didn't.  Nope.  We sat Ebanks, and Goudelock all damn year long, ya know, cuz they didn't flash in the 4 minutes there were given, and that's PLENTY of time to shine thru as a player.  You betcha. 
laugh.gif

But yeah, we'll just hand that pass over, and wait patiently while our best players get even older.  We have all the time in the world, yes we sure do. 

But yes, we're the ones not getting it.  I know. 
laugh.gif
QFT.
Jerry is a hall of famer for a reason. 

^ Name a coach, and I'll tell you the passes you're giving him in your desire for him to coach us.

Dead #@$.

Let's go.

Same to you CP.

You know what happens when you have GLARING personnel issues (NO perimeter shooting, attitude problems, ghost status problems, no dribble penetration for a majority of the season), and a huge coaching issue? You are the Bobcats. You are the Kings. You are the Cavs (and I say this every time I mention Scott: growing up, THAT was my favorite Laker behind Magic... but he sucks as a coach).

But I'm talking too much.

Names. And I'll show you the passes you're giving.

"What about all the excuses from the pro-MB camp?" AIN'T NOBODY PRO-MB; WE'RE ANTI-'ANTI-MB'. HEEEE is not the problem. A mid-tier coach w/ TERRIBLE roster issues does not mean he's now a terrible coach.

Again, too many words.

Names.

Back
Top Bottom