New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

If Lakers take back Iggy and Deng in a exchange for Pau and filler...that would be  great scenario.

Bean always wanted to play with Deng..isn't that the reason why the Lakers/Bulls trade for Kobe was nixed becuase Kobe wanted Deng to play with him?

Originally Posted by mrdieselfuel09

If Lakers take back Iggy and Deng in a exchange for Pau and filler...that would be  great scenario.

Bean always wanted to play with Deng..isn't that the reason why the Lakers/Bulls trade for Kobe was nixed becuase Kobe wanted Deng to play with him?

Sans the fact you have 20 million coming off the bench at SF, or a potential Artest amnesty which does the team little good. 
Maybe you play Kobe 30 minutes a game going forward , but there is no sense in paying a guy 12- 15 million to come off the bench.

Thats why imo if the Bulls gave up Gibson for the Sixers to take back Carlos Boozer it would be a more palatable trade for all.

why in the world would Sixer want Carlos Boozer ?

laugh.gif

Regardless the Lakers are going to be over the cap until 2014. Might as well do whatever they can until 2014 when all the contracts goes off the books, even it does mean overpaying for a decent bench till then.

why is Deng so overhyped?  14 points and 8 rebounds? really?
Gasol averaged 17 and 10

the problem is that he's not being used correctly, as most of you already know.

If Gasol goes to Chicago, I'd want more than JUST Deng.  Gibson? Asik? Noah?

I would definitely take Luol Deng for Pau straight up.  At some point, you have to pick between the 2, Bynum or Gasol??   Both want to be down in the block, but we know it's not working. 

Lakers save tons of money with that deal, that I would think Chicago would have to send a filler. 
Still hoping that Dallas releases Odom, and Lakers pounce on him for cheap.  

Yeah, if Pau wants to go to Chicago, no problem here, but Deng/Noah or Gibson and Korver would be on my wish list. 

Pau for Deng straight is uh, not an option. 
laugh.gif

Any way you slice it, we're going to be involved in almost every scenario this year.  Iggy, Deron, D12, Lowry, Josh Smith, KG, Nash, Beasley, at some point, all of them will be linked to us.  We're gonna have 11 new players and Kobe next year based off the early influx of trade talks. 
laugh.gif

^The problem is bigger than just stats. Deng is a clear upgrade at SF over Artest. Still a premiere defender. As a third or fourth option, he will be much more effective.

As far as Pau, he doesn't fit with the Lakers anymore. Bynum's emergence means somebody has to be gone...can't have both bigs anymore. Somebody needs to make the low block their home...because both can't. Gasol can do that in Chicago where they have NO post players. A legit #2 for Rose. Makes perfect sense actually.

I agree with you though, I want more than just Deng and the idea of Iggy too? Makes us very very versatile defensively. I like it. How doable is it though...ahh, that's another story.

CP:
Yeah, if Pau wants to go to Chicago, no problem here, but Deng/Noah or Gibson and Korver would be on my wish list. 

Pau for Deng straight is uh, not an option. 
laugh.gif

Any way you slice it, we're going to be involved in almost every scenario this year.  Iggy, Deron, D12, Lowry, Josh Smith, KG, Nash, Beasley, at some point, all of them will be linked to us.  We're gonna have 11 new players and Kobe next year based off the early influx of trade talks. 
laugh.gif

"and Kobe"? I take it you missed that gem the other day about Kobe's most realistic opportunity for #6 being w/ the Knicks?
laugh.gif

12 new players according to the trade talks, bruh-bruh.
laugh.gif

Which is why I pay them zero mind. I was already a cynic when it comes to entertaining any & all offers prematurely, then the nixed CP3 deal to begin the season just sent me over the 'trade talks' edge, to where I am now the type to entertain trades the day after they happen (speaking both literally and figuratively).

Taj+Gibson+Luol+Deng+Miami+Heat+v+Chicago+z_zvCsZkhQll.jpg

A part of me thinks Luol Deng would break down immediately given all the minutes he's played the last two years, plus the Olympics later this summer.

Originally Posted by KenJi714

why in the world would Sixer want Carlos Boozer ?

laugh.gif
i dont think anyone was really wanted elton brand either but hey i guess the bulls like old aging PFs

Sixers already have Elton Brand why would they want another old PF ? lol

On Max Kellerman show he said Chris Bosh for Pau

Dwight for Bynum or Bynum for Deron William

We'll have

Dwill + Kobe + Metta+ Lamar+ Chris Bosh

or

Session+ Kobe+ Metta + Pau+ Dwight

After trading Lamar Odom to the Dallas Mavericks before the season for nothing more than a draft pick and a trade exception, the Lakers found themselves without their Sixth Man of the Year and the guy who anchored their second unit.

Now, with Odom expected to be bought out by the Mavericks next month, the possibility of Odom returning to the Lakers is seeming more and more likely.

Recently on ESPN Radio, NBA analyst Stephen A. Smith mentioned the mutual interest in both sides of the situation.

“(Odom) desperately wants to come back and wants to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. Mike Brown desperately wants him back. He’s going to talk to Buss and Lakers hierarchy to see what they can do about getting Lamar Odom back.

Originally Posted by AG 47

After trading Lamar Odom to the Dallas Mavericks before the season for nothing more than a draft pick and a trade exception, the Lakers found themselves without their Sixth Man of the Year and the guy who anchored their second unit.

Now, with Odom expected to be bought out by the Mavericks next month, the possibility of Odom returning to the Lakers is seeming more and more likely.

Recently on ESPN Radio, NBA analyst Stephen A. Smith mentioned the mutual interest in both sides of the situation.

“(Odom) desperately wants to come back and wants to play for the Los Angeles Lakers. Mike Brown desperately wants him back. He’s going to talk to Buss and Lakers hierarchy to see what they can do about getting Lamar Odom back.

If the Lakers can get Odom for cheap...why not? Especially if he desires to play for this team. It's understandable to why he turned out the way he did last season. His cousin passing away and him being in the car when the driver ran over a kid. You add the factor that it was a lockout season..

I have faith that Odom will come out stronger next season for whichever team he plays for.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

I'm done with Odom. His stint with Dallas just ruined everything for me. He's not getting any younger and he's too emo for this team. I'd love to get Ariza back. 

Dude is definitely an emotional wreck, but who wouldn't be after getting uprooted from your home and losing close family members within weeks.  
He has the skill, and hopefully everyone feels the same way you do, and not give him an offer so the Lakers can get him for cheap
laugh.gif

Sure if we can get him for pennies. Why not. 
laugh.gif
 Get Ariza though. Active player. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So in short words, let's get that 2009 championship roster back 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Sure if we can get him for pennies. Why not. 
laugh.gif
 Get Ariza though. Active player. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

So in short words, let's get that 2009 championship roster back 
laugh.gif
Anything to get DJ and Adam Morrison back. 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 Not Sasha though. 

You people are not gonna fleece us. Let me make that point very clear to all of you.

^^ i dont want Sasha back

Spoiler [+]
i want the Machine back

Originally Posted by arstyle27

You people are not gonna fleece us. Let me make that point very clear to all of you.
I don't think that's up to you or us to decide. But I like our odds with Mitch.

Back
Top Bottom