New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

I know what I would do... I know what any organization in the NBA would do.. They do not match.
frown.gif

Sessions & Hill seem to be guarantees on the roster next year.. Lakers brass says they are high priority, and both seemed happy to come back (especially Sessions).. Unless a team comes in with as I call it now the "DeAndre Special" of offering a boat load of money to someone who isn't worth it..

Who I want to come back with minutes played NEXT SEASON per game : Sessions (27), Kobe (33) , Metta (16 if you've paid attention to my last 100 posts in here you know why), Hill (22), Bynum (34)

Getting rid of Pau is a must...

With what should come back, it means we need 5-6 more players for our rotation...  (I'm extremely big on bringing in 2 All-Star Caliber SFs in a Pau  3team trade, KG, LO)..

That's what I want to see..  Last 1-2 players in the rotation would be a backup PG.. And if need be an insurance backup SG..  Which I have no ideas for

You guys really think Roy would be a good pickup?

I'm sort of scared of the health problems.

Originally Posted by PRIME

You guys really think Roy would be a good pickup?

I'm sort of scared of the health problems.

It's low risk..   He isn't going to get a lot of money, and isn't going to get a lot of years..

He shouldn't be a 6th man.. But the last guy before you get to the fillers on a roster... Why not.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

How soon can the Lakers make moves?
They can technically make trades now since their season ended, but teams usually don't until shortly before the Draft.

I would post what Jim said in an interview... But it was praise for Mike Brown, and I know how some of you guys can't stand those kind of words...

Originally Posted by AG 47

Bargnani/Calderon/8th pick

for

Pau/Blake

Thoughts?

not bad, i was actually thinking of this when I read the news about the raptors's plan on their 8th pick

Raptors are not pushing for Pau anymore. Also they are putting eggs in the basket for Kyle Lowry..

Horizontal Trade for us . Makes us no more likely to win a title in 12-13 than we have just keeping the same roster we have now. Maybe even less so

Vertical Trade for us.

Then that means we're on the up and up if we make that move!

Spoiler [+]

But seriously, that 8th pick would be clutch. Bargnani stretches the floor and would be a real outside shooter for a team that only has one guy with those abilities. Let Bynum work in the post and Bargnani do his thing.

With that said, Toronto would be fools to do this trade with us
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Essential1

Raptors are not pushing for Pau anymore. Also they are putting eggs in the basket for Kyle Lowry..

Vertical Trade for us. Makes us no more likely to win a title in 12-13 than we have just keeping the same roster we have now. Maybe even less so

laugh.gif
This guy..........you are officially the Chris broussard of NT

Originally Posted by thachosen123

Horizontal Trade for us. Makes us no more likely to win a title in 12-13 than we have just keeping the same roster we have now. Maybe even less so

laugh.gif
This guy..........you are officially the Chris broussard of NT

From the Toronto Sun:

The Raptors are extremely high on Lowry, so there is little doubt – despite Morey’s desire to keep Lowry in the fold – that he and Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo will discuss a Lowry deal. If that falls through the Raptors could instead pursue Dragic, though I do not know if he is a favourite of theirs like Lowry or not.

After Lowry burned the Raptors for a game-high 26 points (including 4-for-4 from three) in a three-point win in Houston, I asked Raptors head coach Dwane Casey what he thought of Lowry and Casey lauded the guard for his toughness and ability.

“He’s a hell of a competitor. He’s their heart and soul and spirit of their team and I love the way he plays,

Ive been thinking guys and came to an conclusion:
As much as I hate to admit it the Lakers need to trade Bynum for D12 and keep Pau.

Now hear me out and tell me what you all think....

They should keep Pau not because Pau is better than Bynum or because Bynum cant be better than D12, but purely because of the fit with Kobe's last 2 years.

If the Lakers are looking for the best chances to win within this final window AND be better off financially they would make this move.

1. D12 and Bynum are a different style. While Bynum could breakout to be a monster on the offensive side of the ball we dont really need that with Kobe & a skilled 

big like Pau. D12 would greatly improve are team in areas Bynum cant, he would eliminate the pick & roll defensively as well as stop the guard penetration.

2. He would be the best thing that happened to Sessions. He can run up & down with Sessions and also be deadly with pick & rolls. This would allow us to keep sessions for our starting PG for a cheaper price instead of going and getting a big name guard.

3. Kobe & Pau work better off each other and can make up for the majority of the offensive bulk. The only reason Pau has not been putting up his career numbers is because with the emergence of Bynum he has been pushed further out the paint which he which he shouldnt be as skilled as he is. Pau & D12 would compliment better also, because you

could work D12 in more of a P&R game and use his athletic ability where Pau could be used low/mid post with his skill. Which would put D12 in position for what he does best 

and offensive rebound. This serves well for when Kobe goes into hero mode and starts missing shots or are bench goes ice cold, D12 could easily get the offensive rebound

for 2nd chance opportunities.

4. He would bring better balance, he brings it every night, he can pass out of the double, etc. As much as I like the kid, Bynum wants to be the man and seems like one of those players that 

will always have something to prove and will disregard tradition or values to get his point across. 

Also the way D12 takes care of his body I am sure he will come back from the injury just fine. If the lakers can maybe pick LO back up for cheap and make another move

and maybe pick up iggy or something it would be instant champ contenders for these next two years. which most would come off the books anyway. Everything I listed

Bynum cant do. 

Bynum is great, but he is your traditional style of Center. He is heavier, a low post monster, slows down the offense for halfcourt situations. But I feel if

we want to contend with OKC and San Antonio we should get him to speed us up on both sides of the ball. Anyway sorry for the long essay 
laugh.gif

As a laker fan raised and still living in Toronto, you will honestly hate to have Calderon and Bargnani. Bargs is such a weak post defender and lacks the ability to rebound. With the amount of strong PF play on the WEST, he would just be a liability to the team. Calderon couldnt keep a guard in front of him if his life depended on it. And that's been a problem for the Lakers all season. He misses a ton of games also. Don't let their stats fool you. And at Kobe's age, having an 8th pick wouldn't make sense. You'll have to develop him and find minutes for him. Thats not what the Lakers need due to the small window for opportunity we have left.

Make the big trades now!

Originally Posted by KingJaffeJo

Ive been thinking guys and came to an conclusion:
As much as I hate to admit it the Lakers need to trade Bynum for D12 and keep Pau.

Now hear me out and tell me what you all think....

They should keep Pau not because Pau is better than Bynum or because Bynum cant be better than D12, but purely because of the fit with Kobe's last 2 years.

If the Lakers are looking for the best chances to win within this final window AND be better off financially they would make this move.

1. D12 and Bynum are a different style. While Bynum could breakout to be a monster on the offensive side of the ball we dont really need that with Kobe & a skilled 

big like Pau. D12 would greatly improve are team in areas Bynum cant, he would eliminate the pick & roll defensively as well as stop the guard penetration.

2. He would be the best thing that happened to Sessions. He can run up & down with Sessions and also be deadly with pick & rolls. This would allow us to keep sessions for our starting PG for a cheaper price instead of going and getting a big name guard.

3. Kobe & Pau work better off each other and can make up for the majority of the offensive bulk. The only reason Pau has not been putting up his career numbers is because with the emergence of Bynum he has been pushed further out the paint which he which he shouldnt be as skilled as he is. Pau & D12 would compliment better also, because you

could work D12 in more of a P&R game and use his athletic ability where Pau could be used low/mid post with his skill. Which would put D12 in position for what he does best 

and offensive rebound. This serves well for when Kobe goes into hero mode and starts missing shots or are bench goes ice cold, D12 could easily get the offensive rebound

for 2nd chance opportunities.

4. He would bring better balance, he brings it every night, he can pass out of the double, etc. As much as I like the kid, Bynum wants to be the man and seems like one of those players that 

will always have something to prove and will disregard tradition or values to get his point across. 

Also the way D12 takes care of his body I am sure he will come back from the injury just fine. If the lakers can maybe pick LO back up for cheap and make another move

and maybe pick up iggy or something it would be instant champ contenders for these next two years. which most would come off the books anyway. Everything I listed

Bynum cant do. 

Bynum is great, but he is your traditional style of Center. He is heavier, a low post monster, slows down the offense for halfcourt situations. But I feel if

we want to contend with OKC and San Antonio we should get him to speed us up on both sides of the ball. Anyway sorry for the long essay 
laugh.gif
I like it!
smile.gif

Sessions & Hill seem to be guarantees on the roster next year.. Lakers brass says they are high priority, and both seemed happy to come back (especially Sessions).. Unless a team comes in with as I call it now the "DeAndre Special" of offering a boat load of money to someone who isn't worth it..

Who I want to come back with minutes played NEXT SEASON per game : Sessions (27), Kobe (33) , Metta (16 if you've paid attention to my last 100 posts in here you know why), Hill (22), Bynum (34)

Getting rid of Pau is a must...

With what should come back, it means we need 5-6 more players for our rotation...  (I'm extremely big on bringing in 2 All-Star Caliber SFs in a Pau  3team trade, KG, LO)..

That's what I want to see..  Last 1-2 players in the rotation would be a backup PG.. And if need be an insurance backup SG..  Which I have no ideas for

I don't think you or most people really understand basketball and chemistry.  Kobe and Pau have proven to the world that the 1-2 hit combo of them worked!  There's NO AGRUMENT there.  The disdain came this year and it was obvious.  Bynum started to get a bigger role and this changed the WHOLE team.  Factor in a new coach and his reluctance to actually incorporate his own style and you begin to see why this fell short. 

Bottom line, either LA dumps PAU, or dumps BYNUM.  They will never co-exist together, all three of them.  The only positive news from the moves were Jordan Hill but lets hope he doesn't go to jail.
roll.gif

At some point, LA needs to find its next cornerstone and then more drama will exist.  The end of the Kobe era is apparent.

Bynum has no movement at all. His knee is a big question mark, and he will always be outhustled on the boards because of this. He's great for a very slow 1/2 court game though, but he won't do good if LA were to go younger. The league's all about speed now. You seen how these noobie PGs like John Wall and Kyrie run? They are quick as heck. Even at the NCAA level, these college guys are juiced out the door.

We are regressing backwards to the day were FASTBREAKS and SHOWTIME dominated headlines!

Back
Top Bottom