New Season Thread Made, Move on Over :)

Originally Posted by DoItAllPaul

bad trade for the lakers IMO...team keeps getting older, giving up a lot of draft picks which means youth, nash plays 0 defense.

people are hype just because of the name.

One year left on Bynum's contract. Gasol dealing with another summer of almost trades. 2-3 years of superstar play from Kobe. Buss clearly going all in right now. Can't even be mad. 

Originally Posted by heemsta

Originally Posted by Essential1

If Sessions isn't back this was a terrible move.

26 yr old PG to 38 year old. And Steve Blake is the backup.

i was thinking the same thing so Nash and Sesh could just split minutes. and plus we would get destroyed by other PGs haha

is it possible we could land Dwight still?
Definitely 

Honestly...the draft picks do the Lakers anything, especially if the team only keeps getting the 25th-30th pick in the first round and then 55-60th pick in the second round.

This year burned case we saw that some players can drop to the bottom like Jones III, but it was only because it was a deep draft.

With a more deeper free agency in upcoming years in 2014, I'm sure the Lakers thought about this already and realize that they're a team that's going to build through free-agents and sign and trades, not through drafts.

Originally Posted by heemsta

If Sessions isn't back this was a terrible move.

26 yr old PG to 38 year old. And Steve Blake is the backup.

i was thinking the same thing so Nash and Sesh could just split minutes. and plus we would get destroyed by other PGs haha

is it possible we could land Dwight still?
can I get a hi res version of your avatar?

I feel conflicted about this move. Nash is probably the best PG in the league when it comes to floor spacing but 2 first round picks? This can not be the only move or they will only be marginally better.

I honestly hope this is just a stepping stone to a BIGGER, BETTER trade.

nerd.gif

4 yrs ago this would of been a GREAT trade

Damn, I'm haven't felt like this since I thought we got CP3. Now I just gotta hope Stern doesn't ruin it for us.

Now patiently waiting for my other team to make moves...

^^ Stern can't do anything with this trade.

If anything this trade is a bit better, cause we still have Gasol as an asset to trade or to keep.

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

I honestly hope this is just a stepping stone to a BIGGER, BETTER trade.

nerd.gif
Bynum for Amare...
Gasol for Marion...

Metta for Diaw.....

and we are set.

do you guys think ramon sessions will still want to be here though? isn't he looking to be a starter?

If we can obtain Sessions to back-up Nash, this will be a good off-season.

Heard Nash is going to recruit Grant Hill to join the Lakers.
nerd.gif

I'm still going after Sessions hard if I'm the FO. Nash becomes useless if he has to play 35 mins. And if Blake has to play 20mpg again I'm going on CP worthy rants.

Match any offer for Sessions b/c we have Bird Rights and to be honest he's gonna end up in the 6 mil range. Give him 20-22 minutes at PG. 6-8mins with Nash as SG where his goal is move without the ball.

Then pack Blake's bags send him to El Salvador

I'm still going after Sessions hard if I'm the FO. Nash becomes useless if he has to play 35 mins. And if Blake has to play 20mpg again I'm going on CP worthy rants.

Match any offer for Sessions b/c we have Bird Rights and to be honest he's gonna end up in the 6 mil range. Give him 20-22 minutes at PG. 6-8mins with Nash as SG where his goal is move without the ball.

Hopefully Steve Blake is included in any of the trades we pull off this offseason. We retained Darius Morris so it wouldn't make sense to have Steve Blake and Goudelock if he's still on our team.

Just imagine all the great things Sessions can learn from a guy like Steve Nash
pimp.gif

roll.gif
roll.gif

Just trade him for a second round draft pick or something anything seriously 
laugh.gif

Yea we are *!*%%% if Sessions leaves, whose going to be our backup? Morris?

I think Pau fits good with Nash, they both have high Basketball IQ, I think they will play well off each other...

While I think Bynum will struggle since he's not really a run up and down the court Center. Watching him run up and down the court is painful

Lets get Dwight, resign Sessions or a good backup, and call it an Off Season

We all know Nash's defense is suspect, but can y'all please stop with the westbrook comments. That kid is THE most unique PG in the league, and there's NO PG that's gonna "stop" him from doing what he wants on the court

Back
Top Bottom