New Tiger Commercial

Originally Posted by Chicagos Finest 23

The look of a man with blue balls
roll.gif

laugh.gif
this commercial has a lot of y'all open. IMO, it's not as deep and ingenius as you're making it... it's petty transparant, actually. Not saying it won't work, though. Based on this thread... it already is.

Originally Posted by Prostaffer

tasteless.

i'm really surprised so many of you are falling for this.

Nobody is falling for anything. We all know the game. Given the circumstances and cornered position of any advertiser trying to use their most expensive spokesperson after an immense scandal, I really believe Nike did a great job in the first commercial.

Morality??? What world are you living in? This is a good idea that they know will work. I guarantee critics for the most part will laud this commercial.

Further, what should have Nike done? My "naive" mind cannot come up with something better.You?

pimp.gif

you other 3 guys know Tigers the man and Nike's the company

Hop off Tiger's wood: Just do it

Originally Posted by bijald0331

tasteless.

Nobody is falling for anything. We all know the game. Given the circumstances and cornered position of any advertiser trying to use their most expensive spokesperson after an immense scandal, I really believe Nike did a great job in the first commercial.

Morality??? What world are you living in? This is a good idea that they know will work. I guarantee critics for the most part will laud this commercial.

Further, what should have Nike done? My "naive" mind cannot come up with something better.You?
No one told Nike they had to use him in a commercial. He's already carrying their bag after AT&T dropped him as sponsor. The best strategy would be to do nothing at all.

I said nothing of morality. I'm a tiger fan and will be watching him tomorrow. I'm also a golf fan who watched Ernie win Doral and AK win Houston. I'll watch golf and I'm glad he's back. However, to force this kind of commercial on us is pandering to the masses who will accept it and patronizing to those of us who know better.

What Nike should have done? Make a commercial about AK who just won. Let sleeping tigers lie. Pun intended. Over time people will forget this mess, I just think this commercial will do him more harm than good. If they "had" to make commercial with him in it, why not have him open up and be sincere with a statement? Rather than hiding behind the voice of his dead father who was not alive during all this? Whose statements that were used probably had nothing to do with the issue at hand?

This is in the same area of coaches, managers and athletes who sit their kids on their laps during press conferences hoping the media will take it easy on them.

Originally Posted by MK25toLife

I'm still riding witht he homey Thai Woods. I bet Wieden+Kennedy did it.
this. everyone giving Nike the credit when it most likely was W+K....definitely a powerful commercial though.

tasteless.

No one told Nike they had to use him in a commercial. He's already carrying their bag after AT&T dropped him as sponsor. The best strategy would be to do nothing at all.

I said nothing of morality. I'm a tiger fan and will be watching him tomorrow. I'm also a golf fan who watched Ernie win Doral and AK win Houston. I'll watch golf and I'm glad he's back. However, to force this kind of commercial on us is pandering to the masses who will accept it and patronizing to those of us who know better.

What Nike should have done? Make a commercial about AK who just won. Let sleeping tigers lie. Pun intended. Over time people will forget this mess, I just think this commercial will do him more harm than good. If they "had" to make commercial with him in it, why not have him open up and be sincere with a statement? Rather than hiding behind the voice of his dead father who was not alive during all this? Whose statements that were used probably had nothing to do with the issue at hand?

This is in the same area of coaches, managers and athletes who sit their kids on their laps during press conferences hoping the media will take it easy on them.

Because Marketing Ops 201 or whatever entry level business course you took in college makes you an authority on advertising right? FOH, talkin about what NIKE should have done.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Don't pretend your gripe is with the effectiveness of the advertisement, it's obviously not.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

tasteless.

Because Marketing Ops 201 or whatever entry level business course you took in college makes you an authority on advertising right? FOH, talkin about what NIKE should have done.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Don't pretend your gripe is with the effectiveness of the advertisement, it's obviously not.
talking bout official statements like he didnt been do that
laugh.gif
im thinking maybe the tiger ate his girl
roll.gif

That commercial was ill. I dont think it was tasteless. If it was that big of a deal to use his fathers voice, no one would have signed off on it.

commercial was whatever. just because nike made it doesn't mean it's "profound" or "deep."

dudes on here going "omg, wow, amazing and beautiful" get the %@%% outta here.

can any1 explain the commercial?
I am so #+%%+++ lost

I just don't understand why he would allow something meaningful said by his father to him, be used in connection to this mess - Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

tasteless.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Actually I have an M.B.A. in marketing. It doesn't prove me right or wrong, just wanted to put that out there since you brought it up. My statement actually comes from the part of me who is a Tiger fan. I think they could have done better. That is all. I'll be watching the first tee as a fan. It doesn't mean that I cannot find the commercial in poor taste. So you are right. My gripe is not about the effectiveness. My gripe is with the lack of class that has just been exhibited. Even the Kobe "hate me" commercial came out well after the Colorado case had been settled. I liked that one, because of its double meaning. The double meaning was only effective because of the timing involved.

I could care less who or what he did. I only find it poor timing to release a commercial like this. Especially considering that in his few statements he has been adamant that he wants to keep this issue personal and between he and his wife. So why not create a commercial that accentuates the reason we all like Tiger? His skill? Show him on the range hitting balls by himself. Show the isolation that he has just put himself in and try to create some empathy for him. Oh, that's right. They did try to create empathy for him though a cheap means, his dead father. Again, poor taste and not very creative.

Originally Posted by bkzkurse

can any1 explain the commercial?
I am so %!$!%*$ lost

I just don't understand why he would allow something meaningful said by his father to him, be used in connection to this mess - Am I missing something?

pretty much answered ur own question

Ppl want what then mr. Mba? Tiger rollin in a 'rrari poppin bottles then swinging lightsaber stly golf clubs singing welcome back cotter theme song? This ad is lowkey and does its purpose. Announces a return. May not be the phoenix ash to fire u may want, but it does work

eyes.gif
 yea people arnt falling for it and yet its "deep" and "powerful"

its tasteless like some people have said and it doesnt take your mind off the fact that he smashed a bunch of bottomfeeders in the worst way, well only for the 4 or 5 seconds that his dad is talking

tiger talkin about how this whole thing should be kept in house and yet allows his dead father to try and sway us back on his side

Originally Posted by zichardruniga

tiger talkin about how this whole thing should be kept in house and yet allows his dead father to try and sway us back on his side
you're not on his side because he banged a few broads?
nerd.gif
nerd.gif
nerd.gif

Tiger is about his paper and this commercial shows that all he wants is his money to flow again. Be humble you sucka you f'd up. This commercial is a joke

Back
Top Bottom