New York Giants Season Thread!...The Tommy Cutlets Era

What should the Giants do in the first round?

• Take a QB

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Barkley

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Take Chubb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trade down

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
will the giants finally have a winning record??? not likely but this sport more than any other has most fan bases before season hopeful that we are one of the teams that go from losing to winning.....it happens every year in the NFL more often than other leagues

8 win range would be big step forward, this team doesnt have much talent that teams go oh that guy on giants? id love to have him......

I think barkley gets back to that wow factor we all know he has talent for. I think this system will use him at a high rate.
This offensive line has 4 new starters......tackles I think we finally got it right....guards/center? not too comfortable with that group

DJ era is ready to take flight or have final crash landing......the pass thrower in his rookie year looked good, but that guy had insane amount of fumbles.....I think with this system if hes healthy he can def get to that 26-30 TD range at least .......i'm hopeful because I think he can make all throws its just can he not fumble it and can he analyze the defense and make right read with pressure in his face......
another issue is even if DJ were to take leap can this guy even finish a season.......dude is fast but he takes hits he shouldnt be taking.....he can run but not shake and bake....needs to just get down........I dont know if you guys followed the neck thing??? it ended his season last year and this off season he had surgery on his neck.....unrelated to that injury??? WHAT?? makes no sense.

glad they did go for Jimmy G.....lets see how DJ fairs, scout these college QBs and if DJ is not it lets just draft QB again

Last edited:
It’s funny that people think Daboll can fix Daniel Jones. Daboll didn’t fix ****, Jordan Palmer fixed Josh Allen. Daboll been pretty much garbage everywhere he’s been.

Imagine having faith in a team that is tied for the most losses over the last five years and a team that has a QB that no one wants but John Mara. Daniel Jones came with the job.

I think Saquon has a good year.

Tyrod is starting by week 7 or 8

4-5 wins, again.

Win is a win, new regime!! Not getting hopes up that this is a year we are even in the hunt, but will take the wins however they come.

A few days ago they said that if Saquon had a great year, they would probably trade him because they don’t have the money to pay him. They also said it would be a possibility of keeping him and then when he signs with another team, we’d get a 3rd round compensatory pick. Gonna be sad to see him go, he’s a ****in monster. Unfortunate he came back too early last year and hurt his foot.

A few days ago they said that if Saquon had a great year, they would probably trade him because they don’t have the money to pay him. They also said it would be a possibility of keeping him and then when he signs with another team, we’d get a 3rd round compensatory pick. Gonna be sad to see him go, he’s a ****in monster. Unfortunate he came back too early last year and hurt his foot.

you need to do a better job of following giants.....
who is "they" sports talk? lol you either heard that on JJ or jordan....sounds like I familiar......its talk....not facts.....

2. Maybe you should check out the giants cap space for next season....its projected to be at least 50M in space....and since you think its a fact that they don't bring back DJ well thats plenty of money for barkley. and other players......

if barkley has pro bowl season he will be back, why? who else as you like to say sells jerseys here.....

galloadway willl be cut for sure saves about 7M

you need to do a better job of following giants.....
who is "they" sports talk? lol you either heard that on JJ or jordan....sounds like I familiar......its talk....not facts.....

2. Maybe you should check out the giants cap space for next season....its projected to be at least 50M in space....and since you think its a fact that they don't bring back DJ well thats plenty of money for barkley. and other players......

if barkley has pro bowl season he will be back, why? who else as you like to say sells jerseys here.....

galloadway willl be cut for sure saves about 7M

They said Galloway might not be cut after this season because of the cap hit, I think they cut him though just to move on from that whole situation.

Barkley would want a big payday, there wouldn’t be a hometown discount. They just had to get rid of Blake Martinez, Bradberry and a few others for cap reasons. The GM literally just said this is a complete rebuild. The depth on the roster is a big issue, lack of talent. They gotta sign players at every position. That 50 is gonna be gone quick.

Wouldn’t be shocked if they try to trade Leonard Williams to free up money.

Last edited:
BACK to GIANTS talk.

titans Defense did heck of job on pass rush.....sacks and strip sack was THEM. making THE PLAY.s.....like when the stud richie jones dropped a low catchable pass by DJ with a guy in his face. big play.......another big play was a sack when DJ was rolling out pocket and just about to pass to wide open man..... that same sack happens to DJ in his rookie year? thats a fumble.....
there was 1-2 sacks that were on the QB

the strip sack fumble? if its a QB like rodgers, brady, etc then blame for that fumble is on the line and credit to the player no knock to QB......granted DJ is not there and likley never gets there but ALL be real, that is more on the Oline than the QB..... if its 4-5 seconds then yes holding on to the ball too long and not feeling pressure is on QB.....

the INT int he endzone was horrible, he had barkley at the pylon had he thrown it sooner on the outside of the pylon

giants were def lucky to walk away with a win.....but for sure the giants were the better team in the 2nd Half of that game

DJ took some big hits this game......maybe the GM told the coach to call more runs to injure him to get higher pick???(LOL)

shocking to see the coach go for 2 - I dont know what he says if he fails....

on to panthers.....lets get some real WRs the ball next week......2-0?!?!

3 home games in a row coming up......

toughest road games for the giants this year? vikings - cowboys - eagles

packers in UK

Last edited:
Barkley was a waste of a pick, flat out. Fun to watch sure but drafting any RB that high is just silly this day and age. Big year or not, they move on from him next year which is the right move in my opinion

yea it was waste of pick but we did poor job of putting talent around him and he had bad luck of getting hurt.....he is an insane talent at RB.....giants should have traded down if they didnt like the QBs and got nelson or barkley

end of the day more all pro/pro bowl talent the better chances you have......and the good teams get some of these guys later in the draft...and you need just solid above avg dudes..look at the bills their line was mostly built later in draft........we got 2 top 10 picks on our Oline......

Last edited:
All these years on NT and I didn’t know we had a Giants thread… but in recent years there hasn’t been much to talk about with this team so maybe that’s why I haven’t bothered to check :lol:

Anyways beautiful win, a lot of my Giants fan friends went into this season EXTREMELY pessimistic and I get it but I don’t think this team is “bottom of the barrel” awful. Now I don’t expect any epic playoff runs or anything but all we’ve been asking for these years is for a team that competes every Sunday and we got that for sure yesterday. Let’s keep it going boys!!!!!

Barely won but a W is a W. I'll be more optimistic when Trash Can Dan is no longer starting

Competed and barely won without both of our starting edge rushers out, Robinson went out who's supposed to get a lot of burn in this offense, and a limited Toney. Need the offensive line to play more like they did in the second half than they did the first. We got to find an answer at linebacker from what I saw they were picking up apart there. Maybe they can resign Martinez and bring him back with a lower cap number.

2-0

great crowd at metlife today, 98% giants fans....makes sense as its early in the season and the visiting fan base is lite...
crowd whet nuts when DJ closed the game on that run. so much fun to be there for a close win....when you win you don't want to leave when you lose you want to teleport home....

if its not there in the run game with barkley he has to be used in the pass game.....cant have a guy like richie james with more targets than barkley. I seen a lot of one on one with barkley out in space....you gotta find him in those spots these guys cant cover him!!

kenny Golladay w/o a target wow....I know he didnt start the game but he was def in and out....DJ doesnt even look his way
the coach is def trying to figure out who works with this system
we are going to see shep toney robinson be the guys

D was flying all over the place....amazing job!

on to boys
dallas D is tough thanks to parsons -man winning that game would be huge....

Daniel Jones is horrible but we will keep taking the wins …. Defense is on point ….. hope we can continue next week

Daniel Jones is horrible but we will keep taking the wins …. Defense is on point ….. hope we can continue next week

I think they need to decide who the receivers are going to be so he can at least try to develop a rhythm or get on the same page with them. They’re going on this week to week rotation to see who clicks/fits the offensive scheme does the offense no favors.

Back
Top Bottom