New York Yankees Official Thread - at O’s, 19-10

Idk what to think of it. He's 38 coming off TJ surgery. Feels like a huge gamble but I guess this is the kind of thing the Yankees have to do and hope it works out

I'm not against it though. Upside is huge. We're in a spot with pitching that we probably have to take the gamble.

My feeling is we should go after 2 starters and give up on German.

Kluber being a free agent, right now you have:

1. Cole
2. Severino
3. Tallion
4. Montgomery
5. Cortes

Cortes will be in the bullpen. Who else are you bumping out for a2nd starter?

Kluber being a free agent, right now you have:

1. Cole
2. Severino
3. Tallion
4. Montgomery
5. Cortes

Cortes will be in the bullpen. Who else are you bumping out for a2nd starter?

Tallion missing the first month or two due to his ankle surgery

I’d move Nestor to long relief and occasional start every 2-3 weeks.

Picking up a second starter is to hedge on Severino.

Yankees need depth as much as they need quality. Because there’s a bunch of question marks 2-5 on that rotation.

bsides cole and montgomery i dont trust anyone else in that staff and montgomery being a 3/4 not even a 2

cortez is a great guy for days that u dont want to run with a starter and need someone to eat up innings but that wont always work

A 2 was always a need. It was who you kick from Tallion, Montgomery, and Severino if you were getting 2.

FB_IMG_1637076588967.jpg

Nevermind ...

Dude just shot down any chances he had of being accepted here.

NEXT .....

Yeah u just don't come in replace one of the biggest icons in ny sports history and start talkin **** about his career. If this really gets out the fans will never accept him. He'd have to put up some serious #'s and flash this glove from god he must have. Jeter wasn't flashy but made the plays and some of the biggest in postseason history. Don't even get me started. I like the Yanks going after him but even me, this rubs me the wrong way. Probably just cost himself a number of millions with that comment alone if the Yanks are not involved in his free agency.

A-Rod said some pretty negative things about Jeter too and the fanbase seem to take him in with open arms.

A-Rod said some pretty negative things about Jeter too and the fanbase seem to take him in with open arms.

:lol:

Don't know if you're joking or not but u do notice #13's on Joey Gallo's back ? That has Arod awfully salty. He had the #'s for it but once he talked **** about Jeter it was a couple years before fans showed him any real love. Even now i hear tons of fans calling him a phony, never be a real Yankee, big *** veneer teeth smile :lol:

One dude u don't equate yourself with here is The Captain. Not until you've matched or done any of what he did.

:lol:

Don't know if you're joking or not but u do notice #13's on Joey Gallo's back ? That has Arod awfully salty. He had the #'s for it but once he talked **** about Jeter it was a couple years before fans showed him any real love. Even now i hear tons of fans calling him a phony, never be a real Yankee, big *** veneer teeth smile :lol:

One dude u don't equate yourself with here is The Captain. Not until you've matched or done any of what he did.

What I'm saying is, what A-Rod had to say about Jeter was much more egregious than what Correa had to say (that was somewhat factual). The fan base did fine with one, I'd imagine if it happened and Correa signed, they'd be fine again as long as he produces.

Don't be mistaken, Jeter is my all time favorite ball player, let alone Yankee. So I know where you're coming from.

I hear what your sayin and agree with Arod's comments coming off alot worse. These won't probably cause as much static but if sportscenter gets a hold of em it's a wrap. They're the one's who will maje it a big deal. I like the kid and hope this doesn't become a big deal but if it does i can't see the Yanks even going after him ....

And btw i can't stand Arod either just for his little love affair with David Ortiz now ( refuse to call another man Big Papi ) 😆🤨

Yankees just need guys who can swipe a bag from time to time, and go first to third or second to home relatively easily.

Which highlights probably why Cashman says CF is the 2md priority. Because Hicks is almost dead last, and we have a really slow infield as currently constructed.

What I'm saying is, what A-Rod had to say about Jeter was much more egregious than what Correa had to say (that was somewhat factual). The fan base did fine with one, I'd imagine if it happened and Correa signed, they'd be fine again as long as he produces.

Don't be mistaken, Jeter is my all time favorite ball player, let alone Yankee. So I know where you're coming from.
Idk man a large % of the fanbase never liked Arod for various reasons, him trashing Jeter being one of them. Arguing otherwise is rewriting history. Hell I still don't like the dude.

Yankees just need guys who can swipe a bag from time to time, and go first to third or second to home relatively easily.

Which highlights probably why Cashman says CF is the 2md priority. Because Hicks is almost dead last, and we have a really slow infield as currently constructed.
SB's arw dead. Sure having athleticism to go 1st to 3rd or turn a single into a double is ideal but true SB's just aren't a thing anymore. Only 5 teams even had 100 SB's as a team and none of them had a winning record. It's all about getting on base and hitting a 2 or 3 run HR now.

Back
Top Bottom