next f&f?

damn that sucks, I guess times are really tough for footlocker
These companies must be trying to go out of business.

F&F and EA's get people into the stores and moves stuff that otherwise wasn't selling.
There have been a number of times when I bought stuff I didn't want or need just because it was on sale.

I went to a couple of stores yesterday, and was surprised to see a number of shoes that came out a year ago Kobe IV, Lebron VI, Penny 2 and 3, Barkleys,Garnett were still sitting on shelves and marked at full price.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

damn that sucks, I guess times are really tough for footlocker
These companies must be trying to go out of business.

F&F and EA's get people into the stores and moves stuff that otherwise wasn't selling.
There have been a number of times when I bought stuff I didn't want or need just because it was on sale.

I went to a couple of stores yesterday, and was surprised to see a number of shoes that came out a year ago Kobe IV, Lebron VI, Penny 2 and 3, Barkleys, Garnett were still sitting on shelves and marked at full price.

Actually people are cheaper nowadays . People only pay retail for stuff that they want the most. The rest they rather wait until they hit outlet

^^Thats what I'm saying. A few years ago, those Penny 3's that are still full price at Footlocker would have been marked down to around $39-49, so theycould get rid of them.

I for one will be happy to see employee 50 strictly enforced. they don't need to take it away from us just limit the @@*@##@* offenders. Anyone caughtdoing bulk buys needs to be fired. No standing on your %%+@#%# lease line and telling passer bye's that they can have 50 off. Set a store limit for dollaramount. Make each transaction documented and signed for.

Originally Posted by upstate

I for one will be happy to see employee 50 strictly enforced. they don't need to take it away from us just limit the @@*@##@* offenders. Anyone caught doing bulk buys needs to be fired. No standing on your %%+@#%# lease line and telling passer bye's that they can have 50 off. Set a store limit for dollar amount. Make each transaction documented and signed for.
dont dead the bulk buys
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

but dudes shouting 50s should be
smh.gif
smh.gif

Just an FYI, Footlocker INC, as a whole has been up 15-20% in sales in the 6 weeks of their fiscal year. What most people here are not realizing is that this15%-20 gain in sales will be consistent over the entire year due to how most of 2009 was. Factor in the product coming out this year (Lebrons, actual Jordanretros, Air Max, Trainer lines etc.) and it will be a good year. Discount abuse is going to be watched vigorously as well. And to the gentleman who said FNLhas been so successful: Check back to about a year/14 months ago and realize that Finishline was on the brink of filing for bankruptcy. Did you know they triedto buy out LIDS around that same time and had to back out becuase it would have indefinitely caused them to file for bankruptcy? The reason why Footlockerstores do not discount as much: they dont need those funds. Finishline invests in ANY and everything: Roos, Yums, Filas, etc.. This is why they need toclearance and get rid of shoes. They overspend on garbage and need to see that money back. Footlocker does not buy as much "crap", so to speak, andthus has no need to clearance.Look at the big picture, from a corporate standpoint, and while it may not make us happy to see no great sales/discounts, it isgreat for longevity of the company. Another reason why Footlocker INC uses computers older than most people on NT; Yes, they may freeze up twice a week, butthe amount they save in not doing an upgrade is more than most of you time ten will eer make in your whoie lives.

Up 15-20% in the last 6 weeks? Think the Space Jams account for much of that? Stores in other areas must be up much more than 15-20%, because all the storesI talk to from New Orleans, LA to Pensacola, FL all complain about horrible sales. Hell, one FL (in Biloxi, MS) did $25 in sales for an entire day. $25! Theyneed F&F and EA alot more than some people realize. The reason they are suddenly cutting back on them is because they have a new CEO, who came fromJCPenney, and he thinks he can run Footlocker the same way he did JCPenney. He will soon realize that he can't

Originally Posted by ThaDirtyBurgh

Just an FYI, Footlocker INC, as a whole has been up 15-20% in sales in the 6 weeks of their fiscal year. What most people here are not realizing is that this 15%-20 gain in sales will be consistent over the entire year due to how most of 2009 was. Factor in the product coming out this year (Lebrons, actual Jordan retros, Air Max, Trainer lines etc.) and it will be a good year. Discount abuse is going to be watched vigorously as well. And to the gentleman who said FNL has been so successful: Check back to about a year/14 months ago and realize that Finishline was on the brink of filing for bankruptcy. Did you know they tried to buy out LIDS around that same time and had to back out becuase it would have indefinitely caused them to file for bankruptcy? The reason why Footlocker stores do not discount as much: they dont need those funds. Finishline invests in ANY and everything: Roos, Yums, Filas, etc.. This is why they need to clearance and get rid of shoes. They overspend on garbage and need to see that money back. Footlocker does not buy as much "crap", so to speak, and thus has no need to clearance.Look at the big picture, from a corporate standpoint, and while it may not make us happy to see no great sales/discounts, it is great for longevity of the company. Another reason why Footlocker INC uses computers older than most people on NT; Yes, they may freeze up twice a week, but the amount they save in not doing an upgrade is more than most of you time ten will eer make in your whoie lives.

POW!

Footlocker and Co should do their V.I.P. similar to the way that Lids oes theirs. Charge the customer a fee, say 20 or 25 bucks for the year, and then givethem 20 percent off for that year (365 days), with maybe a 30 or 40 percent once or twice a year. No restrictions as long as they have their V.I.P. card. Nocard, no discount. OR do something like the Eastbay Gold Club for in store purchases.

I think Footlocker should revise there V.I.P membership policy. They should do a 10-15% off in store purchases yearly and create a website strictly for theV.I.P members. On that site VIP members would get HOH exclusives shipped directly to them.

Originally Posted by youngcurse

I think Footlocker should revise there V.I.P membership policy. They should do a 10-15% off in store purchases yearly and create a website strictly for the V.I.P members. On that site VIP members would get HOH exclusives shipped directly to them.

Great idea.

Originally Posted by andfattoo

Originally Posted by jmizzo

SPACE JAMS, Kobe Vs.... probably account for all of the increased sales
Not when you comp a Air Jordan Countdown Pack that sold out faster then the Space Jams. I noticed you guys think way to highly of the 50's. Trust me they don't add to more then a few hundred for most stores that follow the policy. 80% of stores follow policy.

FL and FA also fired a few managers and DM's that where spamming the 50 off to bulk buyers last week.

Originally Posted by youngcurse

I think Footlocker should revise there V.I.P membership policy. They should do a 10-15% off in store purchases yearly and create a website strictly for the V.I.P members. On that site VIP members would get HOH exclusives shipped directly to them.

haha i think its a big fat chance they will do VIP HOH exclusives shipped to customers...it would defeat the purpose of having a HOH, it suppose to beexclusive and get people in store to wait and have camp outs.

My man is a manager at a Footlocker and he said that they were cutting back on them. He said that there was only going to be two a year, and he thought onewould be in March. He wasn't 100% sure though.

I would rather them do a 30% off with no exclusions twice a year than 25% every month with tons of exclusions!

Apparently I have to post here until someone important enough confirms it. I was told this morning that there is supposed to be an Employee Appreciation and aFriends and Family sale next weekend at Footlocker/Footaction/Champs Sports/Lady Footlocker/Kids Footlocker. I will post here if and when I get the exactdates, times, percents off, etc

Originally Posted by thacamel

Apparently I have to post here until someone important enough confirms it. I was told this morning that there is supposed to be an Employee Appreciation and a Friends and Family sale next weekend at Footlocker/Footaction/Champs Sports/Lady Footlocker/Kids Footlocker. I will post here if and when I get the exact dates, times, percents off, etc

They should of waited until Mid February for tax time. Plus those new 16.5 might have been out.

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by thacamel

Apparently I have to post here until someone important enough confirms it. I was told this morning that there is supposed to be an Employee Appreciation and a Friends and Family sale next weekend at Footlocker/Footaction/Champs Sports/Lady Footlocker/Kids Footlocker. I will post here if and when I get the exact dates, times, percents off, etc

They should of waited until Mid February for tax time. Plus those new 16.5 might have been out. I heard it's monday and tuesday... Better file taxes early

Back
Top Bottom