NFL/NCAA Feet: '11-'12 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc.

it seems like a lot of these guys wear a black ankle sleeve or black tape over their white socks to get past the rule

so anyone know how I can get some of these?!!?!?!
95498_Vikings_Packers_Football.jpg
674fb7dea8fd7e48ae470849c2eb0094-getty-134037914.jpg

i am on a mission to get one of these!

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by mjd77

111211-raiders-packers-biever-20--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

This is the only pic I can find so far, but I'm trying to figure out what James Jones is wearing against Oakland.  Noticed it right away when he caught that pass.  I swear I saw a UA logo on them and I almost think the whole shoe was a balck/white checkerboard pattern.
I'm trying to find a pic. I believe they are UA. He's been wearing them all season. 
He wears UA. Im working on getting some of his stuff.

-Tyler

Originally Posted by UGK4Life

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

Originally Posted by mjd77

111211-raiders-packers-biever-20--nfl_medium_540_360.JPG

This is the only pic I can find so far, but I'm trying to figure out what James Jones is wearing against Oakland.  Noticed it right away when he caught that pass.  I swear I saw a UA logo on them and I almost think the whole shoe was a balck/white checkerboard pattern.
I'm trying to find a pic. I believe they are UA. He's been wearing them all season. 
He wears UA. Im working on getting some of his stuff.

-Tyler

those might be the wounded warrior edition of those cleats
pDSP1-10726807p275w.jpg

Originally Posted by chiefs84

i live like 45 minutes away from Green Bay and im trying to get my Packers connects up and those are on the top of my list. Jennings cleats have been on point this season too.

-Tyler

Originally Posted by UGK4Life

Originally Posted by chiefs84

i live like 45 minutes away from Green Bay and im trying to get my Packers connects up and those are on the top of my list. Jennings cleats have been on point this season too.

-Tyler

If there is anyway you could snag two pairs...I could really use those for next season. Have to swag out my senior year haha

If anyone is looking to get some Super Bad 3 TDs in the future, they'll be releasing as lacrosse cleats this spring:
4j5dld.png

119sdva.png

I know its late and its from a page or two ago, but does Michael Griffin from the Titans wear two different cleats? I know one has a spat, but the two look completely different

nah they're the same, you just can't see the fade at all on the spatted cleats because it goes so high up

Had no idea they were making football stuff. Always thought it was just baseball/softball... Did just see Arian on the website

FLaSH...
What position do you play? What level of competition? What is your foot like i.e. do you have a flat foot, high arch?

I mostly play S/WR and once in a while QB...

I wear the Jordan 3's and they were the most comfy cleats I had.... they also fit true to size

I had the Speed D Lows in my size but they were really tight and left me blisters but I got the same size as the 3's... Guess the run narrower

I'm not flat footed and my arch is average I would say...

-Flash-

Depending on what surface you are playing on I would recommend the Vapors or the Speed TD's. Played in both and if I had to choose one I would choose the Speed TD's. For me I am willing to sacrifice looks/weight for the overall comfort and feel of the shoe and the Speed TD's are the best. If you are playing any sort of skill position I would recommend either one of these shoes. I've worn them for a full season (knock on wood) and haven't sprained my ankle yet so the cut hasn't bothered me. If it does, go w/ some ankle wraps. 

-Speed TD's- go up a size. They run small. Not as narrow as the Vapors and overall I think they fit better. If you need a high arch in your shoe then pass on these. Once you look at the inside of the shoe you will see what I mean. Honestly I can't tell a difference weight wise between these and the Vapors. Out of the box these feel way better then the Vapors.

-Vapors- go up a size. Shoe runs narrow. If you wear ankle braces you may want to cut the inner hugging wrap so you can get the shoe on and off better and so that if wearing ankle braces it fits better. Look of these shoes is great and the weight is like wearing nothing. Feel a little bit lower to the ground than the Speed's do so I feel (might be in my head) that I can get out of cuts faster. The carbon is a little stiff at first but once you have worn the cleats a few times you will feel it loosening up and the cleat will begin to feel better.

Thanks... When you say go up a size should I get .5 size bigger?

Another question, is there a big difference between molded cleats and detachable? How long will molded last me for?

Thanks... When you say go up a size should I get .5 size bigger?
Another question, is there a big difference between molded cleats and detachable? How long will molded last me for?

Yeah, sorry go up a half size in both cleats. 

Biggest difference is the surface you play on. If you play on natural grass or you play a lot in bad weather conditions you wanna get detachable cleats. They are a longer spike so they give you better traction. Molded will last for a long time. Unless you are walking around on rocks or something just playing on turf or even grass it won't wear down the mold. 

Cool thanks a lot... I have the 3's which are detachable, so I can just use those for the bad weather or when I play on grass...

Now I need to find some gloves...

Chris Johnson is wearing the superbad pro 3 td cleat they look official and nike is releasing the hyperstrong padded pant
pimp.gif

^He was wearing those last weekend as well.

Wes Welker is a white/navy PE of the new Vapor Talon. No images online as of yet.

Back
Top Bottom