NFL/NCAA Feet: '12-'13 Football Equipment/Cleats/etc. Vol. Nike is back in the NFL!

Just saw this on laxallstars.com

Blue-Talon.jpg

Orange-Talon.jpg

Chrome-Talon.jpg

Talon-Bottom.jpg

I dont get y they bring out sweet looking colorways like this for Lax but not football. Football players have the most swag out of any sport

DO you guys know if colleges have annual cleaning sales to consolidate gear? Would love to pick up some Texas PE stuff

Originally Posted by anhuynh16

DO you guys know if colleges have annual cleaning sales to consolidate gear? Would love to pick up some Texas PE stuff

Some do (I go to TCU's every year).  Texas doesn't.  Plenty of Texas PE stuff shows up on ebay, but not much in small sizes.

So anyone try out the Lunar Superbads? lemme know if u have! im trying to make a decision on what cleats i should get for next season

Originally Posted by MJ All Day45

Originally Posted by Pats4Life128351

So anyone try out the Lunar Superbads? lemme know if u have! im trying to make a decision on what cleats i should get for next season

nerd.gif

I got the Lunar Superbad Pros for lacrosse. They fit TTS and I love them for the price point.  The bootie idea is really nicely executed, my foot felt like it was in the cleat but there was also a bit of freedom from the cut of the shoe's actual collar.  I got a lot of compliments from my teammates because they look so nice.  Once I broke them in, I really liked the feel.  I got them at NTNY, and that was like the only store I could find them in.  
I was surprised that they ran TTS, since the Vapor Carbon Flys and Alpha Speeds felt so narrow on my foot when I tried them on.  I kind of expected them to be as narrow as every other Nike cleat seems to be these days...

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Some do (I go to TCU's every year).  Texas doesn't.  Plenty of Texas PE stuff shows up on ebay, but not much in small sizes.

Thanks, do they (the colleges) announce it usually or is it by inside word.
I would assume NFL teams do this too?

Originally Posted by jeffgdula

Thanks, do they (the colleges) announce it usually or is it by inside word.
I would assume NFL teams do this too?
I know West Virginia announces theirs

I need to know too cause I want cleats from certain schools 

I like the grey unis for WVU, though dont like it as a trend generally speaking. I wouldve thought they (WVU) were in line for an update as theyve had this set for a while. Then again it just became an option on NikeTEAM so maybe theyll wear them for a while to push this....
What does bother me is there yellow set, the pants dont match the tops at all and makes mixing anything with said pants look awkward.
126315298-tyrann-mathieu-of-the-louisiana-state-gettyimages.jpg

Paneling doesnt match (though pants have insert for it),

130770307-geno-smith-of-the-west-virginia-mountaineers-gettyimages.jpg

Just looks off to me. If insert was navy instead  of yellow and the trim white where here it is blue itd look so much better.

this is a bit premature seeing as though it won't go into effect until the '13 season, but this weekend, i chopped it up with a current A&M wide out and dude told me they're going back to nike...at least for football.  i didn't care or bother to ask about the other sports. 

Originally Posted by OnlyFootball

Just saw this on laxallstars.com

Chrome-Talon.jpg

Talon-Bottom.jpg
I dislike the color blocking on the Vapor Talon Elite's.  This is a nice change.^  The best color blocking was best on the Vapor Jet and Vapor Carbon in my opinion.
Here is Wes Welker wearing a very similar colored shoe

9d23699061e5e75b26291a9f50fc3bddb679ce47_r.jpg

Those white Talons are FIRE. Wish there would be more simple colorways like this.

I wanted to order the electric green Talon lows on NDC, but there's only an 11.5 in stock. Been that way for a week or so. Hoping other sizes get restocked.

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Those white Talons are FIRE. Wish there would be more simple colorways like this.

I wanted to order the electric green Talon lows on NDC, but there's only an 11.5 in stock. Been that way for a week or so. Hoping other sizes get restocked.

Eastbay has a FSR for $109.99.

Originally Posted by potapinkco

Originally Posted by Zero 0123

Eastbay has a FSR for $109.99.
Good looks, but I have a Swoosh account and would rather order off NDC... Wish it was 109.99 and applicable for other discounts.

New colors of the Nike Vapor Jet 2.0
c0716561e02c1759351eb77883e1ebd29c1ad719_r.png

612266e601e6c2b21ae5a13ff916373eb0751b76_r.png

14216661e727145436effb2242ad41a6eb630f69_r.png

I have been looking for some volt gloves that are much like this:

14616a60e1231b5f3c1ad19313cb1304747b0785_r.png

Originally Posted by 03silverbullet

this is a bit premature seeing as though it won't go into effect until the '13 season, but this weekend, i chopped it up with a current A&M wide out and dude told me they're going back to nike...at least for football.  i didn't care or bother to ask about the other sports. 
He's misinformed.  Nike offended A&M when it told them they weren't worth nearly as much as Texas.  I don't see A&M going back to them any time soon.

Also, A&M's current deal with adidas doesn't expire until after the 2013-2014 athletic year.

Back
Top Bottom