NFL Week 1 In Review...Ya'll Gonna Get This Work...

Packers:

Not entirely too sure what to make of yesterday's game. Our offense never got into a rhythm. And our defense (once again) couldn't get off the field. Not sure why we let Crabtree walk over us. And our DB's played too scared whenever Randy took the field. I'll take Chuck's word for it on our defense eventually getting to be great.

Props to the 49ers, though. Their defense is as legit as they come.

One thing I didn't like is Rodgers always looking to press for big gains. Should've just taken what the defense was giving us. The big strikes aren't always going to be there.

Rest of league:

:wow: at Stafford and Vick throwing Madden picks and still winning their respective games.
:pimp: at Peyton Manning back. What a win.
LOL @ the Panthers.
:wow: at Adrian Peterson running LIKE A MAN off surgery. He's such a beast and an inspiration to anyone who's rehabbing a similar injury.
My man RGIII showing out in his debut. Go 'head, young playa.
All that money, Buffalo......just to get destroyed by the supposedly inept Jets.

Saints, Giants, Packers, and Steelers lost. Is 2012 real?

:smh:

- Giants came out soft as hell. They'll be fine, as long as Cruz realizes the season started. The one man O-line of JPP looked great though...looking like he bulked up as well
- Packers and Saints...will be fine
- SF...god damn. That defense and a capable Alex Smith...yikes. Let's see if Smith can keep it going. You know that defense is going to do their part
- My dude Moss...alive and well
- Peyton...welcome back. As much as I hate playing this *******, amazing to see him play and cut teams up
- Loved what we saw from Dallas on both sides of the ball. Romo and the trio of WRs...on the same page. Consistency is the next step
- Matt Stafford...fantasy stud, NFL dud. I kid, I kid...it's early
- Eagles being the Eagles
- Cutler and Marshall...lovers reunited. Looked great. Bush with the vulture TDs...yeaaaowwww
- Miami and Buffalo...barf
- Jets...let's see what you do versus Pittsburgh next week. Regardless, when you hang 40+, it's noteworthy

Pats
- Brady on point yesterday...great job being one of the best immobile mobile QBs in the league on the Hernandez TD
- Two TEs...business as usual. Spike fail for Gronk...*DEAD*
- Ridley ran hard and fast...not used to seeing that from a NE running back
- Brandon Lloyd fit right in. 5 grabs on 8 targets...welcome aboard, cuz
- All top three draft picks contributing...strip sack, TD on the fumble recovery, and an INT. The NE defense has speed this year, something that's lacked in years past. Pass coverage is still weak though
- NE run defense was never a concern, but yesterday they were on something else

paging SonOfTony and other titans fans

so much for beating the pats in week 1.

all good man...easy to get hyped with the return of football :lol:

You misunderstood, bro. I was saying not to do that or be like that. Directed at NTers who jump the gun at every opportunity.
Edit: I'm friends with B.J. Raji, want him and GB to do well. Even if the Packers are in the same conference as my Eagles. Don't mind seeing you guys in the NFC CG.

My bad as i read your post again I definitely did misunderstand you. Got a little worked up cause of statements like these

He will be exposed this year and the idea that he's the #1 QB in the L will be eradicated when they dont win their division.

The irony is that its so clear he is the number 1 quarterback that when he throws one interception, to some people he is no longer at the top. Thats how rare it is. Cause I dont see how else 300 yards and 2 touchdowns against that niners D in week 1 demotes you and means you wont win the division. But as people have stated everyone gets a little crazy in the beginning of the year so im gonna have to chill when its this early.

This game was actually the most satisfied ive ever been with a Packer loss. Because it is only week 1. And our biggest stud against that defense was Randle Cobb.. Jones also. We already know what Jennigns and Jordy are capable of. So this offense looks like it could be even more lethal than last year even though we started the year with an L

Last edited:
Flacco
smokin.gif
son is just slinging it down field

eek.gif
Ray lewis still putting in work at 37

congrats to my boy ed reed getting the most int yards

same song... crap o line :smh:

its not so much the line, AR can protect MV7 by runnin more, theres no reason for vick to throw more than 30 times a game.

Vicks Health + Reid are gonna be the cause of you struggles this season.

Panthers
- stand behind Panthers having one of the most explosive O's in the game.
- still had a chance to win the game, the O just couldnt take advantage.
- was impressed with the D.
- still think Panthers can finish 3rd or 1st...i stand by that one.
others

- falcons fans please dont get gassed...even tho Julio is a monster, turner is slowing down. so that means more pressure on Matt.
- Good game Bucc totally different team from last year.
- Eagles :x a win is a win tho
- Cutler and Marshall are gonna do numbers.
- 9ers D is just silly.
- Bush wont get 1200 bc teams are gonna put 9 in the box every game.
- ******** will still finish under 500 this year.
- Peyton is gonna turn Bey Bey into a star.
- ill be shocked if Moss doesnt act up this year...says something or does somthing.
- steelers will struggle this year with that OLine.
- Pat have found a defensive and with that O...wow
- Chris Johnson is stealing money at this point.
- locker played well.
- Browns wasted a draft choice and a 29 year old...they will forever regret that

Your team lost son. And looked PATHETIC doing so. Please shut up.

Last edited:
Post your observations from Week 1...
-Top 3 RB in the game and Vick throws 56 times? Eagles=3rd in the division this season.
-I guess we all see how much Sean Payton means to the Saints. Losing to a damn rookie.
-So everybody picks the Cowboys to lost, but when we win, ya'll crying about how it was our Super Bowl game? LOL. Pathetic..
-Eli better than Peyton? I'd take Peyton any day.
-Packers defense will be the death of that team just like last year. Rodgers is going to take a step back this year too for trying to do too much...
-Stafford is only a Top 10 QB in ya'll fantasy world. Real life? Average QB.
-Texans will lose their first game against a decent team. Week 3 to be exact.
-Cam=sophomore slump?
I don't know if it was the move to the new board, but alot of you dudes seemed to have left your smarts on Yuku, So for the first week, I won't be doing QOTW but rather Quotes from the off-season...
-Carolina has one of the most explosive offenses in the league.-Young ThunderCat
-Pettigrew has better year statistically than Gronk-JJ1223
-so in here I'll say that Seattle is going to win the NFC West.-651akathePaul
-If Flynn can get him the ball I see the Edwards, TO, Rice, Winslow Jr combo being a problem on the low-PleaseSayTheBaby23
-actually looking at the seahawks schd i can see 9-7 / 10-6 depending on what happens...-MMG
-I was hoping Portis could get pass the 10,000 yd mark. Best blocking back I've ever seen.-TheGift23
- I see around 3500/30/10 for Alex Smith this season.-JordanXI45
-I'd love to see who's faster between David Wilson and Chris Johnson. Giants got a good one...dude is a legit HR threat.-DoubleLs07
-as much as i ride with my squad...They are still not ready to win the divison. Sure They will handle the Bucs-Young ThunderCat
-Carolina- south champs-Young ThunderCat
[COLOR=#red]
No specific mention of RGIII besides "I guess we all see how much Sean Payton means to the Saints. Losing to a damn rookie." NT sports is a joke at best, and even that's a stretch.[/COLOR]

Ed Reed makes it 4 Canes to paint.

Wish there were some breakdowns on Reed v Lott. Lott has that nostalgia all time best vote, but I would love to see a study of the 2.

Ed Reed makes it 4 Canes to paint.
Wish there were some breakdowns on Reed v Lott. Lott has that nostalgia all time best vote, but I would love to see a study of the 2.

Lotts advantage is his physicality and ability to lay the huge hit

Reed has hit some people too in his day tho. Not at the level Lott did, but Lott didn't playmake like Reed has either. Like I said, would love a thorough breakdown by somebody trustworthy without an angle to play.

My Ravens have OFFENSE!!!! Ahhh it feels good to see points thrown on the board!!!! Screw you Kyle Boller!!!!

Post your observations from Week 1...
-Top 3 RB in the game and Vick throws 56 times? Eagles=3rd in the division this season.
-I guess we all see how much Sean Payton means to the Saints. Losing to a damn rookie.
-So everybody picks the Cowboys to lost, but when we win, ya'll crying about how it was our Super Bowl game? LOL. Pathetic..
-Eli better than Peyton? I'd take Peyton any day.
-Packers defense will be the death of that team just like last year. Rodgers is going to take a step back this year too for trying to do too much...
-Stafford is only a Top 10 QB in ya'll fantasy world. Real life? Average QB.
-Texans will lose their first game against a decent team. Week 3 to be exact.
-Cam=sophomore slump?
I don't know if it was the move to the new board, but alot of you dudes seemed to have left your smarts on Yuku, So for the first week, I won't be doing QOTW but rather Quotes from the off-season...
-Carolina has one of the most explosive offenses in the league.-Young ThunderCat
-Pettigrew has better year statistically than Gronk-JJ1223
-so in here I'll say that Seattle is going to win the NFC West.-651akathePaul
-If Flynn can get him the ball I see the Edwards, TO, Rice, Winslow Jr combo being a problem on the low-PleaseSayTheBaby23
-actually looking at the seahawks schd i can see 9-7 / 10-6 depending on what happens...-MMG
-I was hoping Portis could get pass the 10,000 yd mark. Best blocking back I've ever seen.-TheGift23
- I see around 3500/30/10 for Alex Smith this season.-JordanXI45
-I'd love to see who's faster between David Wilson and Chris Johnson. Giants got a good one...dude is a legit HR threat.-DoubleLs07
-as much as i ride with my squad...They are still not ready to win the divison. Sure They will handle the Bucs-Young ThunderCat
-Carolina- south champs-Young ThunderCat
[COLOR=#red]
No specific mention of RGIII besides "I guess we all see how much Sean Payton means to the Saints. Losing to a damn rookie." NT sports is a joke at best, and even that's a stretch.[/COLOR]

Stick to explaining how a Barrett 50. cal sways left to right in the wind and fall back chief...

Reed has hit some people too in his day tho. Not at the level Lott did, but Lott didn't playmake like Reed has either. Like I said, would love a thorough breakdown by somebody trustworthy without an angle to play.

Being a long time Steeler fan, it pains me to say. While Reed is indeed an all time great, saying Lott wasn't the playmaker that Reed is isn't accurate. Here's how they stack up (stats for Reed through 2011).

Reed - Yards 1463, INT 57, TD 6, Tackles 461

Lott - Yards 730, INT 63, TD 5, Tackles 1113

Also note, Lott has 4 (that's 4) SB rings. Not going to take away anything from Reed (or Lott for that matter). Both are great.

Edit - LOL - I'd favor Lott more than Reed...Dude asked them to cut off most of his pinky rather than miss a playoff game for surgery needed to fix his broken finger...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom