nice car or nice watch?

Originally Posted by RFX45

Originally Posted by eaalto

Get the Civic, and the Rolex. The Rolex should hold it's value just fine. The IS250 will not.

That's the thing with cars. In a couple years, Lexus will revamp the design and your car will be outdated. The Rolex is a timeless design, that will always be in demand. IS250s will not.

A car is meant to take you from point A to point B. If you're going IS, it's 350 or go home (or IS-F). You're throwing your money away on a 250.

roll.gif

One of the funniest statements i've read lately.
Maybe it's just late but that made absolutely no sense.
I've had a couple beers, sorry!
happy.gif

My point was - he's not getting an IS350 for $30,000, and if he is even thinking about getting an IS, the 350 is the only one worth getting.

Get the Civic, get the Rolex, and everything's good!

Get the Civic, and the Rolex. The Rolex should hold it's value just fine. The IS250 will not.

That's the thing with cars. In a couple years, Lexus will revamp the design and your car will be outdated. The Rolex is a timeless design, that will always be in demand. IS250s will not.

A car is meant to take you from point A to point B. If you're going IS, it's 350 or go home (or IS-F). You're throwing your money away on a 250.

You could say the same, about the watch. Its meant to tell you the time. I'd say go with the Lex

Originally Posted by Stevenzsofly

You could say the same, about the watch. Its meant to tell you the time. I'd say go with the Lex

The car will depreciate in value way more than the watch.

Originally Posted by tmoney85

you are gonna look like a fool wearing a rolex in a civic
smh.gif
laugh.gif
,but seriously nothing is really wrong with that. I seeplenty of old asian men drive accords,camrys,avalons, etc and wear a rolex. Now is their watch real I have no clue. I can careless about a watch.

first off i know the lexus is more than 30,000 thats why i said i will be paying the rest off the money during the year, i would be putting 30,000 down. andif i decide to get the rolex and civic, why does it need to match, as long as i can pay for both. furthermore, the watch and car are independent from oneanother, it could have easily have been a civic and a huge television, it just so happens i always wanted a rolex, and the only way i would be able to affordit is if i got an economic car. whats doesnt match is people putting $5000 rims on cars worth 2000, putting television screens on the back of every headrestincluding the back seats

$30,000, you can get both. $27,000 on a new Honda Accord V6 and $2,000 for a simple Breitling or Omega. This is just what I would do.

It goes both ways, I know people in AMG's and M's who don't wear watches because they're not into it. And I know people who have rotation ofwatches that can buy M's and AMG's and drive Toyota's because they're not into cars.

Why is this even a question. Just get the new car, once that's paid for, get the Rollie to go with it a few years later. Then again, it's cool to seethat you're thinking practical about getting a car like a Civic and getting the watch too. On the real though, get the IS.

@ the end of the day, what do you wanna do? stunt or get quality pu***?

The girls that dig the Lex are the same ones that dig an Accord. I dont know where you @ but a lex aint stuntin. Get a new honda and a full gold Breitlingchronomat.

an economic car is the wisest choice, esp. during these times. although cars are the worst investments ever, it will undoubtedly be of more use than the watch.recently, my mom donated her $42,000 rolex watch to a buddhist temple because it was lying around collecting dust. goes on to show that in the long run, a carwill be more of a necessity than a watch.

personally, i'd get the 350 and say forget a watch...

but live within your means and get what's important to you. i wouldn't want to buy a new lux car if that meant skimping on another aspect of my life,just like i wouldnt want to be sporting a top of the line watch while i drive a car that i had to settle for

Back
Top Bottom