Nike 30th Anniversary “Just Do It” Campaign.

As 6 yr vet, I served to protect the constitution. No matter what you protesting, I served to protect that freedom. I’m not going to cherry pick what you can and cannot protest. That does not mean, hurting others physically. Jimmies may get rustled but that’s the nature of protest.

Nobody is trying to ignore the “message”. The way he protested could of been done better to not make his agenda less hostile is all I’m saying.
That's exactly what you're saying. You wish it was done in a way that you could more easily ignore.

Let's be real, if he was kneeling to bring awareness to animal abuse, would we have 1/10th of this uproar? The answer is no.

No, as a white guy I'm not in a position to say what someone of color should or shouldn't do when they are fed up with the bull**** they've been dealing with for hundreds of years. I can't relate. I'm self aware enough to realize that. I cant' say "I know how you feel." bc I don't.
I know poc are fed up of what they feel isn’t right. But at what point do we start looking at facts and statistics and see that stuff isn’t nearly as bad as people are saying. Facts don’t care about ethnicity or feelings.

As 6 yr vet, I served to protect the constitution. No matter what you protesting, I served to protect that freedom. I’m not going to cherry pick what you can and cannot protest. That does not mean, hurting others physically. Jimmies may get rustled but that’s the nature of protest.
Thanks for your service.

That's exactly what you're saying. You wish it was done in a way that you could more easily ignore.

Let's be real, if he was kneeling to bring awareness to animal abuse, would we have 1/10th of this uproar? The answer is no.
All I'm saying is that the way you preach a message is important. For example, If Jesus ran around screaming your all going to Hell unless you come to me you nasty sinners, I don't think his message would of went far. Instead of fear based teaching as where usual of the day, he came with the opposite message of love and redemption. From this his message was better recieved.

Statistics say you're more likely to be killed if you're carrying a gun than if you aren't.

You know, facts and all.

Let me ask you something, if a criminal were to break into your house with a gun and threaten you and your family how would you protect yourself?

All I'm saying is that the way you preach a message is important. For example, If Jesus ran around screaming your all going to Hell unless you come to me you nasty sinners, I don't think his message would of went far. Instead of fear based teaching as where usual of the day, he came with the opposite message of love and redemption. From this his message was better recieved.

What message of fear was Colin spreading by peacefully kneeling? His message was and to this day is literally just Please stop killing black men. Which happens disproportionately. Isn't that the most love-filled message one can make?

You're literally going to tell people of color it's not as bad as it seems. Stop and think for a second how ****ing racist and ignorant you sound.

I can tell you for one its not as bad as it seems, people like you are enforcing the mental enslavement that is prevalent in the black culture of victimhood. Facts don't support that cops are out here just killing black people. I want black people to move past that victim mentality that nothing is holding them back in 2018 you can be what ever you want to be, your choices alone will dictate your path.
The reason I can tell you why its not bad, and what is wrong with the black society is I for one am actually biracial. I am both black and white, grow up in section 8 housing I've seen it all. I want nothing more than to see black people more empowered and rise from their fallen state.

Let me ask you something, if a criminal were to break into your house with a gun and threaten you and your family how would you protect yourself?
1. wtf are you talking about? Fear based? The man literally quietly took a knee. What about that do you fear? He was as peaceful as possible. You just don't like the message behind his action so you come up with a reason to say why he should shut up and play football.

2. First off, the odds of that happening are slim and none. You know, based on statistics. Secondly, if someone breaks in my house, I'll stay in our room while they take a TV that I couldn't care less about. Or I'll slip out the window. You'll grab a gun and try to be Rambo while you're half asleep and end up shot dead. That's what the numbers say. You're the one ignoring actual statistics. It's not up for debate. You're more likely to die from a gun if you live in a house with a gun. Fact. Period. But keep living in fear bc the NRA tells you to.

I can tell you for one its not as bad as it seems, people like you are enforcing the mental enslavement that is prevalent in the black culture of victimhood. Facts don't support that cops are out here just killing black people. I want black people to move past that victim mentality that nothing is holding them back in 2018 you can be what ever you want to be, your choices alone will dictate your path.
The reason I can tell you why its not bad, and what is wrong with the black society is I for one am actually biracial. I am both black and white, grow up in section 8 housing I've seen it all. I want nothing more than to see black people more empowered and rise from their fallen state.
Please show me the facts that show cops aren't killing people of color at an alarming rate compared to white.

1. wtf are you talking about? Fear based? The man literally quietly took a knee. What about that do you fear? He was as peaceful as possible. You just don't like the message behind his action so you come up with a reason to say why he should shut up and play football.

2. First off, the odds of that happening are slim and none. You know, based on statistics. Secondly, if someone breaks in my house, I'll stay in our room while they take a TV that I couldn't care less about. Or I'll slip out the window. You'll grab a gun and try to be Rambo while you're half asleep and end up shot dead. That's what the numbers say. You're the one ignoring actual statistics. It's not up for debate. You're more likely to die from a gun if you live in a house with a gun. Fact. Period. But keep living in fear bc the NRA tells you to.

1. I was referring to the people of biblical days fear preaching not today, was just trying to make a point. In that how you convey a message matters.
2. I'd rather try and actively fight an intruder from my home and protect my loved ones, but thats just me and my personality.
3. Here some stats for you. So far in 2018 their have been 691 police shooting fatalities this year. Out of that 121 where black. Out of those 121 black people who were killed 116 of them either had a weapon on them or were attempting to flee from the police. Here it goes by the washington post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/national/police-shootings-2018/?utm_term=.f2de587c9093

Innocent black people who don't commit crimes or break the law are not just being slaughtered in the streets like you think they are and stats prove it.

But at what point do we start looking at facts and statistics and see that stuff isn’t nearly as bad as people are saying. Facts don’t care about ethnicity or feelings.

Stop acting like black peoples problems with police start and stop with someone being killed. It’s about injustice by the people sworn to uphold justice

From the DOJ reports of Ferguson and Baltimore

“ Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather than by public safety needs. This emphasis on revenue has compromised the institutional character of Ferguson’s police department, contributing to a pattern of unconstitutional policing, and has also shaped its municipal court, leading to procedures that raise due process concerns and inflict unnecessary harm on members of the Ferguson community. Further, Ferguson’s police and municipal court practices both reflect and exacerbate existing racial bias, including racial stereotypes. Ferguson’s own data establish clear racial disparities that adversely impact African Americans. The evidence shows that discriminatory intent is part of the reason for these disparities. Over time, Ferguson’s police and municipal court practices have sown deep mistrust between parts of the community and the police department, undermining law enforcement legitimacy among African Americans in particular. ”

Today, we announce the outcome of the Department of Justice’s investigation of the Baltimore City Police Department (BPD).1 After engaging in a thorough investigation, initiated at the request of the City of Baltimore and BPD, the Department of Justice concludes that there is reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the Constitution or federal law. BPD engages in a pattern or practice of:
(1) making unconstitutional stops, searches, and arrests;
(2) using enforcement strategies that produce severe and unjustified disparities in the rates of stops, searches and arrests of African Americans;
(3) using excessive force; and
(4) retaliating against people engaging in constitutionally-protected expression.
This pattern or practice is driven by systemic deficiencies in BPD’s policies, training, supervision, and accountability structures that fail to equip officers with the tools they need to police effectively and within the bounds of the federal law.”

Whole police departments engaged in systemic oppression. If you’ve got entire police departments in two cities in two different parts of the country, do you think they’re the only ones? What statistics are you looking at that says this isn’t a problem? You’re either for this type of behavior by PAID PUBLIC SERVANTS or you’re not. Point blank period. The only mental enslavement going on is with people like you who talk about facts and statists but don’t know anything about facts and statistics.

1. I was referring to the people of biblical days fear preaching not today, was just trying to make a point. In that how you convey a message matters.
2. I'd rather try and actively fight an intruder from my home and protect my loved ones, but thats just me and my personality.
3. Here some stats for you. So far in 2018 their have been 691 police shooting fatalities this year. Out of that 121 where black. Out of those 121 black people who were killed 116 of them either had a weapon on them or were attempting to flee from the police. Here it goes by the washington post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/2018/national/police-shootings-2018/?utm_term=.f2de587c9093

Innocent black people who don't commit crimes or break the law are not just being slaughtered in the streets like you think they are and stats prove it.
1. I don't care about your fairy tale character.
2. So you'd rather ignore factual statistics and defend your home bc that's your personality? That's not personality, that's ignorance. Educate yourself:

http://www.slate.com/articles/healt...e_the_risk_of_homicide_accidents_suicide.html

3. https://www.vox.com/cards/police-brutality-shootings-us/us-police-racism

13% of the US is black. 39% of all unarmed people killed by cops are black.

police%20killings%20by%20race.png

This is a fun one too.

drug_use_and_arrests.0.png

But yea it's not as bad as people of color are saying.

EXgpeYHAsYDLJfN-800x450-noPad.jpg

Stop acting like black peoples problems with police start and stop with someone being killed. It’s about injustice by the people sworn to uphold justice

From the DOJ reports of Ferguson and Baltimore

“ Ferguson’s law enforcement practices are shaped by the City’s focus on revenue rather than by public safety needs. This emphasis on revenue has compromised the institutional character of Ferguson’s police department, contributing to a pattern of unconstitutional policing, and has also shaped its municipal court, leading to procedures that raise due process concerns and inflict unnecessary harm on members of the Ferguson community. Further, Ferguson’s police and municipal court practices both reflect and exacerbate existing racial bias, including racial stereotypes. Ferguson’s own data establish clear racial disparities that adversely impact African Americans. The evidence shows that discriminatory intent is part of the reason for these disparities. Over time, Ferguson’s police and municipal court practices have sown deep mistrust between parts of the community and the police department, undermining law enforcement legitimacy among African Americans in particular. ”

Today, we announce the outcome of the Department of Justice’s investigation of the Baltimore City Police Department (BPD).1 After engaging in a thorough investigation, initiated at the request of the City of Baltimore and BPD, the Department of Justice concludes that there is reasonable cause to believe that BPD engages in a pattern or practice of conduct that violates the Constitution or federal law. BPD engages in a pattern or practice of:
(1) making unconstitutional stops, searches, and arrests;
(2) using enforcement strategies that produce severe and unjustified disparities in the rates of stops, searches and arrests of African Americans;
(3) using excessive force; and
(4) retaliating against people engaging in constitutionally-protected expression.
This pattern or practice is driven by systemic deficiencies in BPD’s policies, training, supervision, and accountability structures that fail to equip officers with the tools they need to police effectively and within the bounds of the federal law.”

Whole police departments engaged in systemic oppression. If you’ve got entire police departments in two cities in two different parts of the country, do you think they’re the only ones? What statistics are you looking at that says this isn’t a problem? You’re either for this type of behavior by PAID PUBLIC SERVANTS or you’re not. Point blank period. The only mental enslavement going on is with people like you who talk about facts and statists but don’t know anything about facts and statistics.

I was talking about police fatilities because thats what the main issue Kaep was dealing with. But hell yea I agree that there are many polices that are used to expoit poc and poor people in general. These polices need to be fixed and that does start with us the people. My main issue was just with those that say cops are just slaughtering blacks in the street which is just not the case, and just terrible rhetoric that needs to stop.

I was talking about police fatilities because thats what the main issue Kaep was dealing with. But hell yea I agree that there are many polices that are used to expoit poc and poor people in general. These polices need to be fixed and that does start with us the people. My main issue was just with those that say cops are just slaughtering blacks in the street which is just not the case, and just terrible rhetoric that needs to stop.

It was never JUST about people being killed. Conservative talking points have warped the message so much to make it easer to dismiss but this was Always about systemic abuse by law enforcement AND the criminal justice system. Some times that manifests in death, sometimes it manifests in harassment, sometimes it manifests in over ticketing and over fining, sometimes in manifests in longer sentences. That’s what activists are fighting against.

dblplay1212 dblplay1212

1.I have a serious question, where do we go from here? You brought up stats that proved your side, and I brought up stats that proved my side, there truly seems like there are stats to prove every and any point.
2. I want you to know I can't be racist towards black people, because I AM ONE myself. I am biracial and have seen both sides of the coin. And that is why I say blacks don't have it that bad nor are all whites racists. When it coms to police fatalities it shows, that if you obey the law and don't commit crimes you will not be killed by cops.

And side note, not trying to even debate the diety of Jesus, but I as well as an overwhelmingly majority of biblical scholars believe that the facts show he was indeed a real historical person with a ministry, and not made up like you stated.

Back
Top Bottom