Nike Air Flight 89: now on NIKEiD

Originally Posted by green rhino123

supposed sample of the white/blue-red colorway

i've been waiting a very long time for the re-release of this air flight colorway

Its crazy, that they left this shoe alone and didnt cut and butcher it like JB did the AJ IV. 

For Comparison

The Tongues-  Flight 89's still have a padded tongue, while the AJ IV now has a paper tongue
The Height-  Flight 89 Mids still have the same height, while the AJ IV look more towards a low top now.
Toe Box-  Flight 89's still have a slant facing inwards on the toe box, while the AJ IV looks boxy up front.

After all these years, the Flight 89's still look like Flight 89's, while the AJ IV now look like the poor mans version of the flight 89 with a premium price tag.

Its amazing that the 99 dollar shoe looks better than the 160 dollar shoe.  JB needs to take their heads out their behinds.

supposed sample of the white/blue-red colorway

i've been waiting a very long time for the re-release of this air flight colorway

Its crazy, that they left this shoe alone and didnt cut and butcher it like JB did the AJ IV. 

For Comparison

The Tongues-  Flight 89's still have a padded tongue, while the AJ IV now has a paper tongue
The Height-  Flight 89 Mids still have the same height, while the AJ IV look more towards a low top now.
Toe Box-  Flight 89's still have a slant facing inwards on the toe box, while the AJ IV looks boxy up front.

After all these years, the Flight 89's still look like Flight 89's, while the AJ IV now look like the poor mans version of the flight 89 with a premium price tag.

Its amazing that the 99 dollar shoe looks better than the 160 dollar shoe.  JB needs to take their heads out their behinds.

See, I actually prefer the low-top versions of this era's b-ball shoes...

my Nike Air Delta Force ST low

and the Nike Air Force V

which has eluded me in this colorway for long enough now

as you can see, there is a certain favorite colorway of mine that Nike has been
stingy with through the retro process (even though it was one of the most popular og colorways)

am eager to see Air Delta Force ST, Air Force STS & Air Force V retro samples
and welcome the true high-top versions as well

and the Nike Air Force V

stingy with through the retro process (even though it was one of the most popular og colorways)

I have the black/grey retro but the air bubbles are foggy. Is this a sign of impending death?

I have the black/grey retro but the air bubbles are foggy. Is this a sign of impending death?

Originally Posted by CAto312

this one? from 2000?

defog them, wear them, then check to see how fogged they got
then defog again & see how long it holds clear w/o wear
it will stay clear if they are good

this one? from 2000?

this one? from 2000?

Yup..those are it.  Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.  The midsoles seem pretty solid still and I don't see any hairline cracks either.

The other night I was laughing when comparing the leather and overall quality on these and my obsidian pair of af89s to my 2011 black cements.  I was probably laughing at myself.
eyes.gif

this one? from 2000?

Yup..those are it.  Thanks for the tip, I'll try it.  The midsoles seem pretty solid still and I don't see any hairline cracks either.

The other night I was laughing when comparing the leather and overall quality on these and my obsidian pair of af89s to my 2011 black cements.  I was probably laughing at myself.
eyes.gif

and the Nike Air Force V

I'm with you on those white/dark royal AFV's.  I had them in 8th grade, and beat them into the ground.  Took me 4 years of searching every single day to find them.  Have them, a white/red, and the white/black/orange crush lows.  It's the one shoe that I would truly go HAM on if they retroed properly.

Peace,
   J

and the Nike Air Force V

I'm with you on those white/dark royal AFV's.  I had them in 8th grade, and beat them into the ground.  Took me 4 years of searching every single day to find them.  Have them, a white/red, and the white/black/orange crush lows.  It's the one shoe that I would truly go HAM on if they retroed properly.

Peace,
   J

^
that nike promo is awesome

the line up is sick, but i would switch out the wht/grey pair for the wht/red "Pippin" pair
i think trethousand prefers the wht/grey though
i can't remember the wht/grey ever being retro'd, something close with a grey swoosh & white tongue retro'd

^
that nike promo is awesome

the line up is sick, but i would switch out the wht/grey pair for the wht/red "Pippin" pair
i think trethousand prefers the wht/grey though
i can't remember the wht/grey ever being retro'd, something close with a grey swoosh & white tongue retro'd

Back
Top Bottom