Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

I've been wearing my blk/white Kobe 10 iDs for a few days.  Walked into one of my local spots today to grab some shoe cleaner.

The store manager saw my Kobe's and we started choppin it up about the 9s and the current 10 iDs.

They usually don't get the good stuff or limited releases. But he told me that he will hold me down on the white cement 4s if they get them.

I didn't even ask him to do it, but I thought that was cool

No raffles? Interesting...

Not really. Everything that has been massive gr on Nike hasn't even required that even if they had hype prior to release

Aka aqua and maroon

These are selling out tho super quick regardless of numbers

Because they like the colorway more? :lol:

I always wonder what kinds of answers people are looking for when they ask these questions about the basis of a preference.

I'm really sorry I'll never ask ignorant questions like that again it was really stupid on my part

Repped for the sarcasm :lol:

But seriously, what kind of explanation or reasoning are you looking for here?

Sure, I can dig up Mike's numbers from that season, and look up how popular "Do The Right Thing" was, post Spike Lee's Air Jordan IV commercial, and so on and so forth. But that wouldn't really answer your question.

It's truly just a simple matter of preference.

My post wasn't even directed so much to you as it towards all of the questions I see here sometimes that just scream "You're over-thinking it."

Last edited:
Repped for the sarcasm :lol:

But seriously, what kind of explanation or reasoning are you looking for here?

Sure, I can dig up Mike's numbers from that season, and look up how popular "Do The Right Thing" was, post Spike Lee's Air Jordan IV commercial, and so on and so forth. But that wouldn't really answer your question.

It's truly just a simple matter of preference.

My post wasn't even directed so much to you as it towards all of the questions I see here sometimes that just scream "You're over-thinking it."
once again I apologize.

For me, when I had these in '89, I wanted the black and red (we didn't call them BREDs back then) so badly (they were sold out) that I never really appreciated what I had.  I even died mine black after 8 months, which basically ruined the whole look of the shoe.  Now, I prefer these over the black and red simply b/c I like smooth leather better than durabuck/nubuck.  It would be interesting to see the black and red in high quality smooth leather (not tumbled) as a Retro+ colorway.  I imagine the durabuck ultimately fits that shoe better, but would be interesting to see it!

I've been wearing my blk/white Kobe 10 iDs for a few days.  Walked into one of my local spots today to grab some shoe cleaner.

The store manager saw my Kobe's and we started choppin it up about the 9s and the current 10 iDs.

They usually don't get the good stuff or limited releases. But he told me that he will hold me down on the white cement 4s if they get them.

I didn't even ask him to do it, but I thought that was cool

Bruh I'm be at my spot early... Before errbody.... Me and lil bruh..

I sed to have an "early/plug" at the local mom and pop shop. Copped my cool grey 11s and my white cement 3s early with no hastle". I dont know nobody and dont know body know me anymore. That spot doesnt even sell Jays anymore.

Fire Reds are incredible, I'm waiting for them to release again with the Nike treatment. One of my favorite Jordans

I love the Fire Reds. I love all the entire '89 lineup, but those probably are my least fav behind Wht/Cement, Blk/Cement, & Military 4s. I could say they're better because they're the more featured than the Fire Reds. But I think the simple answer is they are much cleaner, and more artsy.

I had to Google MEH had no idea what that meant. Learn something everyday
laugh.gif

I love the Fire Reds. I love all the entire '89 lineup, but those probably are my least fav behind Wht/Cement, Blk/Cement, & Military 4s. I could say they're better because they're the more featured than the Fire Reds. But I think the simple answer is they are much cleaner, and more artsy.

Completely agree
I love Fire Reds, but they pale in comparison to the BC and WC

It's easy to forget how revolutionary and luxurious the black durabuck and cement accents seemed in 89. These are the defining characteristics of IV's to my eyes. FR's are a great colorway, but kinda generic looking by OG Jordan standards

View media item 1858865View media item 1858867
Reason why I dig fire more is because I hate white sock liners and the red one is sick...also come on that black with red NIKEAIR comin in to hot. Plus everybody wears js for certain reasons I personally dig ones that actually look like MJ. ***IMO*** not bashing the WC just didnt get why everybody likes it more when the fires look like chicago...that is all! Plz don't flame me that hard I have feelings

Back
Top Bottom