Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Any retro OG wears release?!?...ex. any "Flight" Suit, Tees, etc???!? Or, also just post up some Dope matchups gear wise to rock with cememt 4s.

My gut is telling me Jordan Brand is outsourcing their production to multiple factories in China. Each factory may be using different materials and Nike/JB isn't doing a A+ job of monitoring their quality control practices overseas. There's less centralization going on in my opinion and the easiest way for JB to produce a million pairs of WC 4s, a million pairs of 72-10s, etc is to use multiple production facilities. And in China, they're a dime a dozen.

This can also partly explain the reason why over the last couple of years, fake (aka UA/GM) pairs are getting much closer to looking and feeling like the real thing.

Interesting.

My gut is telling me Jordan Brand is outsourcing their production to multiple factories in China. Each factory may be using different materials and Nike/JB isn't doing a A+ job of monitoring their quality control practices overseas. There's less centralization going on in my opinion and the easiest way for JB to produce a million pairs of WC 4s, a million pairs of 72-10s, etc is to use multiple production facilities. And in China, they're a dime a dozen.

This can also partly explain the reason why over the last couple of years, fake (aka UA/GM) pairs are getting much closer to looking and feeling like the real thing.
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case. Earlier last year I had the same experiences with the Laser IV's and the Black and White Jordan 1's. I think people who got recent 1's also noticed the random leathers on various pairs. It's definitely not all consistent.

Last edited:
Also between the 2 pairs, the Villa pair fits huuuge... loose. It's the toe box room on the bigger craftsmanship. The NDC pair fit me TTS. This could explain some folks complaining about how the sizing is so off while others just can't seem to understand how because their pair fits their normal sizing.

​
I've posted up the OG's several times @blw843, early on in this thread. You must've missed it...
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
 ​
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
 ​
OG >>>>> '99, '16 & '12
 ​
Yes @Salacious Crumb, the netting areas where one of the BEST features on the OG's & '99 pair...
 ​
But I'm happy with my 2016 pair. Sorry NT, I'm been sick the last couple of days, so I haven't posted up any pics.
 ​
I will later on today, when I get home from work.  I promise.
 ​
Edit: My bad y'all, it's a pic of the 2016's in there also... I can't delete it for some reason...

Last edited:
one of those og pairs must have been from early in the release as its in an aj3 box with an aj4 label...and the tagging

Last edited:
View media item 1919084
I don't know if you guys can tell from the image but look at that toebox height difference and shape.

Right pair (11/17 end date) has the dreaded shape, the left pair (10/09 end date) actually looks decently flushed.

I'll try to snap some more detailed pictures later on.

Why are the production dates different
It's usually always the case. I'm telling you man, sometimes they are made in different locations as well. Not like the left side, right side factories like people have have been joking lol but its common for shoes to be put together at different timeframes with similar materials that are suppose to be the same. Ever wonder why a pair of shoes sometimes arent identical?

Last edited:
I relaced mine and skipped the second hole from the bottom (where the "wings" are), and only put them through the top middle hole on the upper wings, the bottom part looked too crowded IMO...the laces are long enough to leave unlaced like this, but decent length to tie

View media item 1919132

Last edited by a moderator:
To the people who did the toebox fix, how are they holding up? Is it a temporary fix or does it stay well put? Jw

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom