Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Yea those ogs i hope someday nike makes them that height again they just look so sick as mids

Shoe companies these days seem to be shortening the height of old models i guess for a more casual look

Yea those ogs i hope someday nike makes them that height again they just look so sick as mids

Shoe companies these days seem to be shortening the height of old models i guess for a more casual look

Yea because they're not really meant for playing ball in anymore like the older models.

Last edited:

Yea because they're not really meant for playing ball in anymore like the older models.
but then again those kobes a few years ago were lower than indoor soccer shoes

Anybody ever try any of those sneaker "wipes"?? I rarely wear my pairs and I put them back in the box and never see them for months at a time in between wears. Always working so my shoes never see the light of day. Anybody recommend wipes for a quick clean? I normally use tooth brush and soap like everyone else but my collection doesn't see much action anymore.

Anybody ever try any of those sneaker "wipes"?? I rarely wear my pairs and I put them back in the box and never see them for months at a time in between wears. Always working so my shoes never see the light of day. Anybody recommend wipes for a quick clean? I normally use tooth brush and soap like everyone else but my collection doesn't see much action anymore.

Ive used the jason markk ones. They do alright. Not as concentrated as the actual cleaner but they can be a lifesave. I carry 1 with me when I have some white shoes on. Ive also used them when I get home on midsoles etc. Pretty good product. Have the crep ones too but havent tried those out yet.

Lysol wipes, I use them every week. They do a great job cleaning and there's enough alcohol content for excellent evaporation

My gut is telling me Jordan Brand is outsourcing their production to multiple factories in China. Each factory may be using different materials and Nike/JB isn't doing a A+ job of monitoring their quality control practices overseas. There's less centralization going on in my opinion and the easiest way for JB to produce a million pairs of WC 4s, a million pairs of 72-10s, etc is to use multiple production facilities. And in China, they're a dime a dozen.

This can also partly explain the reason why over the last couple of years, fake (aka UA/GM) pairs are getting much closer to looking and feeling like the real thing.

Nike doesn't own the majority if any of the factories that make the product. It's complicated, but there are Korean owned factories in Vietnam for example.

Last edited:

You know what works great?

H20 and a towel.

2013 Royals with good leather?? I got 5 pairs on release and they sucked. Most NA 1s from 2013-14 had terrible leather and just crappy quality overall. Cardboard crap leather. They have gotten better with these "remastered" versions (chicagos, sbb, frags) tho

Seriously. Anyone who says royals leather is good/great automatically dies a little in my eyes.

Nothing good about that leather. But the shoe is great, nonetheless.

Our resident quality expert talks about it being so great, which is baffling to me.

lysol wipes, really?  i'd be worried about chemicals.

good idea though.  i imagine someone makes a mild / low-chemical version.

stop wasting your money and falling for those shoe wipes. Sure, they might do the job, but you can get the same stuff thats free and be just as effective.

I love baby wipes, the non scented ones from Costco. I always have those laying around since i have kids. Became very useful.

Im going to assume that was them.. bc the mercurial part but I'd be lying if I said I knew the name

If you're talking about the pink ones, then yes you have a point there. I never understood the point of making basketball sneakers low tops anyway. But to each his own.

Nike mass produces their product so much that they need to contract multiple factories. I had aqua 8s with different production numbers and kept 1 from each production run. Returned the messed up set to nike, now we both have mismatched dates.

Just put my brand new Cements on feet for the first time.  Damn, these are some comfortable shoes!  I should've doubled up on these!
nthat.gif

stop wasting your money and falling for those shoe wipes. Sure, they might do the job, but you can get the same stuff thats free and be just as effective.

I love baby wipes, the non scented ones from Costco. I always have those laying around since i have kids. Became very useful.
qft same here i go to the dollar store & buy those 70 count non fragrance alcohol free baby wipes for a buck rarely brake out the soap water tooth brush elbow grease which does work just as great as any over priced brand sneaker cleaner unless i have a major sneaker accident.i wear my shoes wipe them down with a wipe let them dry for a few minutes return to shoe box majority of my kicks have well over 20+ wears & occasionally while shopping i have people ask/compliment "i like your new shoes" or  "where did you buy your sneakers at" & when i reply sometimes i can't really remember bought them some yrs. back i think at such & such they are in disbelief they usually say you probably never ever wear them i just say appreciate it and go about my business i don't want to come off as some sneaker wierdo lol. 

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom