Nike Air Jordan 4 Retro "White/Cement" - The Aftermath - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING

Really? Wow, that is crazy. Seems pretty one-dimensional for such a large market if you ask me. Out here in Los Angeles, we have radio stations that cater to pretty much every time of music genre. Rock stations are a plenty. Another reason why, in spite of the high taxes, high fuel prices, and high cost of living, California is by far the best state in the country IN MY OPINION. I got fam in NY and NJ and the east coast is cool in their own way and have enjoyed it every time I've visited but nothing beats what we have out here.
I've never been to the west coast, but always wanted to go out there. I love NY, but I just can't stand winter.
You need to come out here and check out the scene bro, whether it's the Bay Area, L.A/OC, or San Diego. You'll love it. You may never want to go back to NY once you get a taste of the California lifestyle.

Turning Howard Stern into Lady Gaga and Katy Perry was the biggest mistake they could've made lol. But I'm glad to hear y'all still have classic rock, which is arguably the best era in rock history (70s). I would never get tired of Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR, etc.

We even have stations out here that play solely jazz and blues and special "niche" stations that play three different styles of old school - 1) Funk & R&B, Roger & Zapp, Al Green, Earth Wind & Fire, etc, 2) 80s and 90s slow jams from Rod Stewart to Chicago (Peter Cetera) to Johnny Gill/New Edition/Boyz II Men, and 3) strictly 90s Hip Hop and Rap.

I'm tryin' to convince all you East Coast fam to relocate to the Westside 'cause like they say "the westside is the bestside" :wink:

I love classic rock as well. I'm a guitarist too but the problem is just hearing the same selection in rotation over & over. I'd just like a station to keep me up with new rock music. We have even lost a large chunk of awesome local rock venues (CBGBs is now varvatos, the wetlands, roseland, Coney Island high, tramps, knitting factory all gone). Good to know that the westside has that much diversity. Our neighborhoods are slowly becoming the same too. We're slowly losing the flavor each area had. Little Italy in name only, Chinatown is shrinking, Harlem is becoming white, Washington Heights/Inwood more white, Brooklyn, we all know what happened to BK haha. I'm white and it's not about racism, but all of these people are coming in and changing what NYC is all about and why these people wanted to come here in the first place.

Turning Howard Stern into Lady Gaga and Katy Perry was the biggest mistake they could've made lol. But I'm glad to hear y'all still have classic rock, which is arguably the best era in rock history (70s). I would never get tired of Pink Floyd, Hendrix, Led Zeppelin, The Rolling Stones, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Lynyrd Skynyrd, CCR, etc.

We even have stations out here that play solely jazz and blues and special "niche" stations that play three different styles of old school - 1) Funk & R&B, Roger & Zapp, Al Green, Earth Wind & Fire, etc, 2) 80s and 90s slow jams from Rod Stewart to Chicago (Peter Cetera) to Johnny Gill/New Edition/Boyz II Men, and 3) strictly 90s Hip Hop and Rap.

I'm tryin' to convince all you East Coast fam to relocate to the Westside 'cause like they say "the westside is the bestside"
wink.gif
I love classic rock as well. I'm a guitarist too but the problem is just hearing the same selection in rotation over & over. I'd just like a station to keep me up with new rock music. We have even lost a large chunk of awesome local rock venues (CBGBs is now varvatos, the wetlands, roseland, Coney Island high, tramps, knitting factory all gone). Good to know that the westside has that much diversity. Our neighborhoods are slowly becoming the same too. We're slowly losing the flavor each area had. Little Italy in name only, Chinatown is shrinking, Harlem is becoming white, Washington Heights/Inwood more white, Brooklyn, we all know what happened to BK haha. I'm white and it's not about racism, but all of these people are coming in and changing what NYC is all about and why these people wanted to come here in the first place.
It's a shame to hear that the diversity (or should I say what gave NYC its character) is slowly eroding away. It's an interesting thing though, how NYC attracted people to come there because of all the diverse features the city had to offer but it's the very same reason that has spurred cultural homogenization. Instead of maintaining its distinct cultural aspects that made it appealing in the first place, all kinds of different cultures have combined to slowly adopt each others elements and have become more aware of each other because of the overall mix of cultures. This may help to explain why the Chinatown is shrinking. or certain neighborhoods are becoming "more white." As more people become more accepting of each other, society starts to become more homogeneous so to speak and the lines start to become blurred.

You see more of this in more compact large cities like New York because everyone is living in close proximity to one another. IMO, you don't see this happening as much in California because of urban/suburban sprawl, which allows certain pockets of society to maintain its cultural distinction. Just my theory...

Went to the mall and ran across these two pairs sitting on sale. $179.99 plus tax!!!!!!!

They look brand new and DS to me.
I was scared somebody returned some fake pairs but they look legit.
how are the condition of the shoes..are there any defects or are they perfect..nice find..

Just a few things I had in my closet. I'm 35 but wear stuff from new school n old. So excuse my joggers I got Dickies n baggy LRG's in the closet too. Lol.

24549159234_bf3878cf93_k.jpg

24549159204_a4ad486085_k.jpg

Went to the mall and ran across these two pairs sitting on sale. $179.99 plus tax!!!!!!!

They look brand new and DS to me.
I was scared somebody returned some fake pairs but they look legit.
Can't help but notice the store's price tag. What store did you cop those from?

this is how people who know what's up & actually experienced the '90s rocked em with track pants/warm up pants or NT denim looks way cleaner then the nut huggin joggers/wrangler cowboy fit this generation thinks is so cool this is the best on feet pic yet
But it isn't the 90's its 2016, fashion changes. Most people don't wear baggy jeans an 2xl tall tee's anymore, just like the 90's early 2000's was the age of baggy clothes, the 2010's is the age of fitted clothing. You are doing the same thing the people born in the 60's 70's did for people in the 90's when they started wearing the baggy stuff and they didn't like it.

Last edited:

I'm tryin' to convince all you East Coast fam to relocate to the Westside 'cause like they say "the westside is the bestside" :wink:

Money came in and culture gets pushed out. Nyc going straight down hill. No one here is even from ny anymore

It's a shame to hear that the diversity (or should I say what gave NYC its character) is slowly eroding away. It's an interesting thing though, how NYC attracted people to come there because of all the diverse features the city had to offer but it's the very same reason that has spurred cultural homogenization. Instead of maintaining its distinct cultural aspects that made it appealing in the first place, all kinds of different cultures have combined to slowly adopt each others elements and have become more aware of each other because of the overall mix of cultures. This may help to explain why the Chinatown is shrinking. or certain neighborhoods are becoming "more white." As more people become more accepting of each other, society starts to become more homogeneous so to speak and the lines start to become blurred.

You see more of this in more compact large cities like New York because everyone is living in close proximity to one another. IMO, you don't see this happening as much in California because of urban/suburban sprawl, which allows certain pockets of society to maintain its cultural distinction. Just my theory...

Real estate had a lot to do with this, but I think the biggest factor causing homogenization is Starbucks. As soon as they open up shop in a neighborhood, it attracts lots of young transplants. Then some of the other trendy chains start opening shop and slowly the hood starts to lose many of its establishments while those that remain update their storefronts to match that modern Starbucks look. Also most vacated commercial property is immediately leased by banks or pharmacy chains. I have 3 Rite Aids, 2 Duane Reades and 2 CVSs within 15 blocks. There are even 2 branches of the same bank across from each other!

Money came in and culture gets pushed out. Nyc going straight down hill. No one here is even from ny anymore

The truth! Everything is being changed by people who aren't from here. The whole city has been redesigned with bike lanes. Queens Blvd. is undergoing radical change right now. This city has changed more in the last 5 years than in my entire lifetime!

Real estate had a lot to do with this, but I think the biggest factor causing homogenization is Starbucks. As soon as they open up shop in a neighborhood, it attracts lots of young transplants. Then some of the other trendy chains start opening shop and slowly the hood starts to lose many of its establishments while those that remain update their storefronts to match that modern Starbucks look. Also most vacated commercial property is immediately leased by banks or pharmacy chains. I have 3 Rite Aids, 2 Duane Reades and 2 CVSs within 15 blocks. There are even 2 branches of the same bank across from each other!
Excellent points. That's the influence of Corporate America/MNC's controlling societal structures (aka socioeconomic stratification) for ya.

Back
Top Bottom