Nike Air Jordan Retro Metallic V - 7/23/16

Lol they sent my nieces shoes in a torn to pieces box then tried to blame it on ups. Then stated they would never sell shoes and send them with a box in that condition. Wow you need to post that pic on twitter and Instagram and expose these fools. That's basically no shoe box lol

Last edited:
was able to get the restock from the other day off of eastbay and just got the package delivered.
didn't know eastbay was about trying to finesse their customers LMAO!
it didn't come in the original box, but in a generic box. not only did that piss me off, but they don't offer free return shipping!
they do provide a return label but $6.99 is deducted from the return SMH!!

after about 20 minutes of chat, i was able to get their "supervisor" to give me $5 gift card $7 giftcard free shipping with full refund!
View media item 2299661

**original post got deleted because NT said i was buying/selling but it was a joke lol**

Last edited:
Lol they sent my nieces shoes in a torn to pieces box then tried to blame it on ups. Then stated they would never sell shoes and send them with a box in that condition. Wow you need to post that pic on twitter and Instagram and expose these fools. That's basically no shoe box lol

yeah i'm about to LOL

**original post got deleted because NT said i was buying/selling but it was a joke lol**
Indeed it did.

Any posts that include any statement of a possible sell, purchase, or trade attempt will be deleted with or without a warning.

I've had mine get splashed with water, and they have gotten small, slight water spots, but I've gotten them off by using a small amount of generic nubuck cleaner sprayed onto a plain black hand towel.
Nice to see u still in here. I remember u were one of the main posters in this thread. :nthat:
Glad you enjoyed the release and the shoes

Just scanned back in this thread to August...sheesh 
laugh.gif

Nice to see u still in here. I remember u were one of the main posters in this thread. :nthat:
Glad you enjoyed the release and the shoes

Oh I've definitely enjoyed the hell out of them. More than any pair I've bought in a long time. But not for the last week because it's been nothing but rain in SoCal.

Still, my favorite release of 2016 by far. And I enjoyed the apparel line too. The reflective AJ V jacket is INSANE. They went all out with it. Great quality, and it's noticeably heavier than the average windbreaker. I love it. I never would've paid $500 for it, but I was able to get a deal on a still tagged DS one in my size for less than half that and I jumped on it. One of these days I'll post pics.

Pics of the jacket in question? Tbh Im not too familiar with the apparel released alongside these this last year.

I also got some questions about the "Flight 23" line released circa 1990. Got some old shirts and wondering if it was a bootleg line or they were sanctioned to use the Jumpman and MJs likeness?

I also got some questions about the "Flight 23" line released circa 1990. Got some old shirts and wondering if it was a bootleg line or they were sanctioned to use the Jumpman and MJs likeness?

Do you have pics?

Pics of the jacket in question? Tbh Im not too familiar with the apparel released alongside these this last year.

Stock pics of the fully reflective AJ V Bomber Jacket from the Fall 2016 line:

View media item 2300747
View media item 2300750
View media item 2300748
View media item 2301205
Some Spring 2016 AJ V apparel items:

AJ V Fleece Pull Over Hoodie

View media item 2300752
AJ V Fleece Pants

View media item 2300753
AJ V T-Shirt 1

View media item 2300754
AJ V Speckle Print Snapback Cap

View media item 2301199
AJ V Socks

View media item 2301192
Nike Graphic T-Shirt - put out by Nike in the early summer before the release of the black/metallic V's:

View media item 2300755
Some Fall 2016 AJ V apparel items:

AJ V Hang Time T-Shirt

View media item 2300756
AJ V Toggle T-Shirt

View media item 2300757
AJ V Long Sleeve T-Shirt

View media item 2300758
AJ V Pants (ripstop nylon)

View media item 2300759
AJ V Fleece Shorts

View media item 2300760
AJ V Fleece Full Zip Hoodie

View media item 2300761
AJ V Snapback Cap

View media item 2301187
AJ V Snapback Cap (reflective silver)

View media item 2301200
View media item 2300762
AJ V Socks

View media item 2301191

Last edited:
Wow, I just saw that jacket on FTL earlier and thought I read it wrong.. $500 is insane! It looks kinda cool (saw it in store) but never looked at the tags. They're definitely losing their minds, a $500 accessory for a $220 pair of sneaks?!.. :lol:

Wow, I just saw that jacket on FTL earlier and thought I read it wrong.. $500 is insane! It looks kinda cool (saw it in store) but never looked at the tags. They're definitely losing their minds, a $500 accessory for a $220 pair of sneaks?!.. :lol:

Honestly, the jacket is REALLY well made. But they were smoking thinking that $500 was a good starting price. I know the Nike Vapor jackets with the reflective tech weren't cheap, but those were also marketed to runners where the reflectiveness was a practical detail for use while running at night and in the elements. In this case, the reflectiveness is basically a fashion detail primarily to match the AJ V tongue. I can't imagine they made, or sold, a whole lot of them. I know a few of these hit discount stores, but I never saw them in any outlets. It just so happened that a previous seller that I know came across ONE and decided to sell it for barely over what he paid, otherwise I might never have gotten one.

Last edited:

That's an awesome OG pic. And a little before MJ went with the full bald look. LOL.

I would love to have that shirt and shorts. I have a black Jordan branded version of the shirt and a mostly black version of the shorts from 2013 I believe, but the originals are the ish.

BTW, still waiting patiently for THIS 1990 warm up jacket (and hopefully matching pants with it) to come back. JB, are you listening?

View media item 2300793
View media item 2300794

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom