Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Yeah it's looking like these are gonna be hard to get already. Dudes already on some "10 pairs copped" greedy type sht. Fck man. I'm just waiting for them to be like "Air Jordan VIs will be a limited release" so I can start packing my bags for the move to other-brand-land Dawg.

hahahaha Sorry ya'll; this release got me marinating and pre salted. But man, could I just get one pair. Please. 1 pair. Not "one to rock one to stock", not bomb shelter/hoarder amounts, just one fcking pair. PLEASE. 
Agreed. Never understood the doubles and triples on a pair of shoes and I've basically always had chances to double, triple, even 4 pairs of the 88's I was able to put in my cart at the time and only bought one (yes I had the funds, just put them in there to see if I'd be able too) and I do not regret it one bit. As for these, again just one pair will suffice. I think it's cause people these days are TOO careful with their kicks, if wind hits their sneakers the wrong way they're automatically beaters. I like my kicks to show age so 1 pair to rock and rock for me.

Naw bro i rarely double up only have done it, once and i've been buying for at least 5 years now

But when it comes to black infrared. 6s i will do everything in my power to triple up and its not cause i beat my shoes or something like that, its cause i want that shoe to be in my collection for the rest of my life i figure i can keep each pair for a long time if i wear em sporadically

Agreed. Never understood the doubles and triples on a pair of shoes and I've basically always had chances to double, triple, even 4 pairs of the 88's I was able to put in my cart at the time and only bought one (yes I had the funds, just put them in there to see if I'd be able too) and I do not regret it one bit. As for these, again just one pair will suffice. I think it's cause people these days are TOO careful with their kicks, if wind hits their sneakers the wrong way they're automatically beaters. I like my kicks to show age so 1 pair to rock and rock for me.

I usually buy more than one on certain models that have a history for me. Kind of hard to explain but it's sort of a safety net in the event that I trash a pair. Also, with the way that prices have been steadily increasing, it allows me to not have to worry about re-purchasing down the line.

Naw bro i rarely double up only have done it, once and i've been buying for at least 5 years now

But when it comes to black infrared. 6s i will do everything in my power to triple up and its not cause i beat my shoes or something like that, its cause i want that shoe to be in my collection for the rest of my life i figure i can keep each pair for a long time if i wear em sporadically
I get it, but I love the black infrared 6's too, like top 3 sneaker of all time, and I still wouldn't double up. And I'd still rock em as if I had 10 pairs back up, that what it really means to love a shoe, at least to me. Wearing them sporadically is like a PS game you don't like very much, you play it every now and then. My favorite J of all time is Hare 7's, should they release next year, one pair again will do, my 2008 pair is done for. And the 2015 (should there be one) would be done for by the end of 2016 lol

I usually buy more than one on certain models that have a history for me. Kind of hard to explain but it's sort of a safety net in the event that I trash a pair. Also, with the way that prices have been steadily increasing, it allows me to not have to worry about re-purchasing down the line.
Yeah I could see that being a legit reason, don't wanna pay reseller prices later on. Makes sense.

At the rate these retros keep coming back I see no point in doubling and this has nothing to do with funds but looking at the trend they take to come back only reason to double up which makes sense is the price hike i.e fire V I paid 135 back in 06 or 07 not its 160 i think not to sure skipped this years.

At the rate these retros keep coming back I see no point in doubling and this has nothing to do with funds but looking at the trend they take to come back only reason to double up which makes sense is the price hike i.e fire V I paid 135 back in 06 or 07 not its 160 i think not to sure skipped this years.
That trend makes sense though, after all Nike is trying to get rid of resellers and by releasing the same pair over a shorter period of time the pairs that resellers have can't retain value. I personally don't mind the retro-ing cause I go through pairs, especially now that I only get maybe 5-6 pairs a year (of kicks in general not just J's)

I get it, but I love the black infrared 6's too, like top 3 sneaker of all time, and I still wouldn't double up. And I'd still rock em as if I had 10 pairs back up, that what it really means to love a shoe, at least to me. Wearing them sporadically is like a PS game you don't like very much, you play it every now and then. My favorite J of all time is Hare 7's, should they release next year, one pair again will do, my 2008 pair is done for. And the 2015 (should there be one) would be done for by the end of 2016 lol

At the rate JB is retroing stuff im sure one pair will do me good but just in case theh change theyre patterns i wanna make sure im good

All I need is 1 pair, just trying to start the year off with a w and were these $170 last time they retroed?

Yea these are def a 1 pair cop. Only shoe I've ever doubled up on are the Concorde.

All I need is 1 pair, just trying to start the year off with a w and were these $170 last time they retroed?
They haven't retro'ed by themselves like this yet unless you consider the VR's which retailed at $150 back in 2010.

Your posts.

I like them
pimp.gif
Thanks. 
smokin.gif
 (Haven't been here long enough to rock the red shades and fedora)

Surprised this thread hasn't picked up more only being a lil over a month out.

Will be interesting to see how the year of the 6 plays out.. Quite a few new CWs with 5s in '13.

Also hoping they stick with the trend of OG CWs being a GR..

Last edited:
Surprised this thread hasn't picked up more only being a lil over a month out.

Will be interesting to see how the year of the 6 plays out.. Quite a few new CWs with 5s in '13.

Also hoping they stick with the trend of OG CWs being a GR..

Exactly my thoughts. Hopefully it stays this way. Less hype, greater probability on purchase.

Last edited:
That trend makes sense though, after all Nike is trying to get rid of resellers and by releasing the same pair over a shorter period of time the pairs that resellers have can't retain value. I personally don't mind the retro-ing cause I go through pairs, especially now that I only get maybe 5-6 pairs a year (of kicks in general not just J's)
Nike is not trying to get rid of resellers by any mean. They have analysts predicting trends and buying behaviors. It's been this way since the SBs in the mid 2000s. All of the limited shoes will continue to release. Reselling a general release is pretty useless.

As far as GRs go, OG colorways on older models have become staple shoes that can keep re-releasing and will do fairly well. This is also why I don't double up, also the fact that I can only wear sneakers on weekends. By the time my pair wears down, another iteration is most likely due.

gonna cop 1 pair of these. if black infrared 6s drop tho, that'll be another story.

VI is my fav style.

Must cop for this year:

white infrared 

toro

carmine

sport blue

is black infrared really coming out?

Back
Top Bottom