Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Of course no one paid attention to the Nike Air back in 1991. I certainly didn't care. But that's because there wasn't an alternative at the time, so you didn't have anything to compare it to.

Look at this:

To me, the Jumpman looks so disgusting, probably because of that goofy AIR underneath it and the fact that the Jumpman is doing the splits! If it were just a normal Jumpman I wouldn't really care as much but for some reason they totally botched that one.

Personally, I want Nike Air, but if not I would just settle for a Jumpman not doing the splits.

I don't really understand why people are so insistent on having nike air on the back. Not that big of a difference IMO. As long as they release the shoes I want, I couldn't care less what logo they use.

I must be the only one who doesn't care much for the Nike Air because it's blended in with the color of the shoe making it kinda hard to see.

naw, I don't care either... just hope they drop some carmines while they appreciating the 23 years of the VI 8)

Nah you're not the only one.  I like many had them back in the day and didn't even pay attention to the "NIKE AIR" on the back.  I guess at the time It just wasn't that serious (it still isn't to me).  Now I'm just patiently waiting for them to make another return to shelves (with or without the branding) so I rock'em again.

Well said

Of course no one paid attention to the Nike Air back in 1991. I certainly didn't care. But that's because there wasn't an alternative at the time, so you didn't have anything to compare it to.

Look at this:

To me, the Jumpman looks so disgusting, probably because of that goofy AIR underneath it and the fact that the Jumpman is doing the splits! If it were just a normal Jumpman I wouldn't really care as much but for some reason they totally botched that one.

Personally, I want Nike Air, but if not I would just settle for a Jumpman not doing the splits.
Still makes no difference to me my friend.  I'm not worried about the branding on my heel.  I'm more concerned about the shoe and it's quality.  To each their own.

Last edited:
While I agree that Nike Air looks better on the III, IV, and V, it makes to difference to me when it comes to the VIs because it's not easy to see the logo when it blends with the color of the shoe.

I don't really understand why people are so insistent on having nike air on the back. Not that big of a difference IMO. As long as they release the shoes I want, I couldn't care less what logo they use.

Because the OG's had NA on them and the shoes were designed to have NA on the back. I think most people that really want NA and don't like the jumpman are older heads, people that the first time they ever laid eyes on a pair they had NA on them. And they fell in love with the shoes with NA on the back.If your younger and all the pairs you ever seen had a jumpman on them then it wouldn't be a big deal. Me personally I do like NA on them, but its not a deal breaker for me.I still love my retros with the jumpman on the back.

Look at this:

Agree with everything you said. There's so much wrong with the shoe on the right this is not a fair comparison at all though.  The 'AIR" is what really kills the vi for me too.  I love the NA but I think the vi could also work with a jumpman on the back.  

I honestly find it kinda sad that people don't care about this.  It's not a small detail at all if you look at the history of the jordan line.  The 3-5 boldly showcase the NA and as the main focus of the shoe on the 3 and 4.  The 6 was the shoe where they were trying to transition to strictly the jumpman branding. That's why the logo is the same color as the upper on all the OG cws except the carmines and then it's completely gone starting with the 7. It does matter to the design of the shoe.

I would prefer the right material, color, and shape before the Nike Air branding.

Nike Air on a banana shaped shoe :lol: only people benefiting from the NA logo are resellers

Last edited:
Strongly debating on selling my DS infrared pack now..

If they release the Carmines again I might triple up. 

This would be amazing. 6's have always been one of my favorite j's and I didn't want to get a pair of olympics as my first pair 
nthat.gif

if my money right, im finna 2ble up (on sum try to 3ple up) on every 6 dat releases. my fav model.

If the Carmine's are released next year, I think they will be mass produced. I'm thinking like 'grape' V numbers. They've gotta know how many people want a pair of Carmines and if there is any fear of Jordans losing any popularity, that would be a good chance to make some serious dough for the company. ATLEAST I hope so.

Let's look at some trends since we started this 23rd anniversary thing:

OG color way's released

2011- 3's
White Cement
True Blue
Black Cement

2012- 4's
White Cement
Military Blue
Fire Red
Black Cement

2013- 5's
White/Red 3M
Grape
Fire Red

Based on what we know is dropping the rest of the year, we can assume right now that there are only 3 OG colorways of the 5 releasing. If this trend is true, then we can expect four OG colorways releasing next year for the 6's, hopefully the Carmines, White/Black infrared, and sport blues!

But who the **** really knows what JB is planning

I passed on the infrared paxk because the white/varsity red leather was better. Selling them now so might cop.
if your saying the leather was of better quality on the white varsity red compared to the white infrared, I couldn't disagree with you more. If you compared the two, you'll notice the leather was a lot thicker on the infrared colorway than the varsity red. The varsity red version was thin leather all around and was lighter compared to the infrareds from the package.

but that pack sucked... the white/v reds were def better

:lol: they must sell that quality smoke around your

Way... White infrared VI's from da pack >>>>>>>>>>>

Varsity red VI's in every way, shape, and form..

Da weak link from pack was that ashy larry suede

On da iconic black infrareds... :smh:

The material on the black/red VI from 2010 was terrible. It looked moldy. I hope they don't use that same material if they retro them in 2014.

The material on the black/red VI from 2010 was terrible. It looked moldy. I hope they don't use that same material if they retro them in 2014.

Maybe you gotta bad pair because my pair is not ashy at all. But don't get me wrong I definitely wish JB used durabuck on them. Hopefully JB uses the right material if they do release them again.

Back
Top Bottom