Nike Air Jordan VI White/Red 23rd Anniversary Edition (Jan/Feb 2014)

Sorry for getting a little of topic, but to those who owned the cdp version of the white/infrared 6, were you happy with them? 

I ask because if this years version of this shoe is not so great, then I may just hunt down the cdp version for a fair price.

Thanks in advance.
I think you mean the infrared package, not cdp. I do own this version and very happy with my pair. The leather is thicker compared to the varsity red version and actually feels like leather. Doesn't have that rock hard pleather feel like the '12 Olympic vi's. The white/infrared also feels heavy, while the white/varsity red felt lighter in comparison. Hope this helps out.

Tinker's explanation:

Michael has always been inspired by construction workers, he use to visit a construction site before every playoff game. During his career he built his team and game up from nothing using different tools to gain the advantage on his opponent. All culminating in the 1991 championship.

So we decided to introduce a new performance Steel Toe on the Jordan 6. This way no matter if you drilling screw on the work site, our drilling jumpers on the court, the Jordan 6 retro provides a revolutionary performance unseen in previous basketball shoes, construction boots, or retros. We're really pushing the envelope

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Tinker's explanation:

Michael has always been inspired by construction workers, he use to visit a construction site before every playoff game. During his career he built his team and game up from nothing using different tools to gain the advantage on his opponent. All culminating in the 1991 championship.

So we decided to introduce a new performance Steel Toe on the Jordan 6. This way no matter if you drilling screw on the work site, our drilling jumpers on the court, the Jordan 6 retro provides a revolutionary performance unseen in previous basketball shoes, construction boots, or retros. We're really pushing the envelope

LMAOOOO.... THIS MAKES NO SENSE. IF IT WASN'T BROKEN WHY FIX IT

i honestly think its just a different time and a different era then when the ogs were made. Very few things in the world are made with the quality that they were made with in 1991. As a consumer in 2014 thats is sadly and unfortunately how it is. Does it make it right? No. We all know that but its just how it is. There will never be a mass boycott of jordans or any item that has had its quality decline for that matter. Maybe i have just personally come to grips with that and maybe thats why I see it as such a miniscule thing (toebox, shoe height). But as i said before to each their own, i for one have only been collecting for a year and even though the OGs are leaps and bounds better I will not miss the chance to add this classic retro or its black counterpart to my collection for the first time because of a toebox.

Not commenting on my belief on this whole quality issue...I've layed out my opinion in the past and I really don't want to get into that again...

However I did want to comment on this BS about Nike losing the molds to their old models...I think it's funny that this always gets circulated each time a model is drastically changed through the retro runs they receive...They (Nike) used this excuse a few times now which, at face value, is whatever...But then something like this pops up...

For those of you who haven't seen this Tinker takes a walk through what he, and presumably most at Nike, call the "DNA Warehouse"...

How in gods name are you going to say you don't have access to an OG mold that was used on a shoe then have your "Vice President of Special Projects and Design" in a video walk through an entire storage room full of your old models...

Bottom line that excuse is no longer excusable...Find something else to throw our way Nike...

Kanye told us about these "toe too big" retroes im not one to complain about quality and allat but but these big toe boxes dont fit on all
retroes especially theses 6s the 5s werent that bad the 8s were

I think you mean the infrared package, not cdp. I do own this version and very happy with my pair. The leather is thicker compared to the varsity red version and actually feels like leather. Doesn't have that rock hard pleather feel like the '12 Olympic vi's. The white/infrared also feels heavy, while the white/varsity red felt lighter in comparison. Hope this helps out.
Yes, I actually meant to say infrared pack sorry.

Looks like the 2010 white infrared will be my go to pair should this years be a disappointment.

This helps very much, thanks a lot.

Last edited:
If the infrared shade is the same as used in the recent 3Lab5's then it would suffice for me. I think they would get that shade right similar to the OG's. Now that toe box and leather is a whole another can of worms.

roll.gif

The og pair is more pinkish than red. Whereas the infrared pack was a darker shade closer to red. The 3lab5's shade of infrared looks nearly identical to the vi og.

You guys think these will be incredible hard to cop like everything else as of late? :\

i think im copping these to go next to my varsity red's from a few years back.

only 6's i like

Seems like OG cws on their 23rd anniversary year are never limited. It just depends on the demand for the particular shoe
Hope you're right. I can't do the rsvp, raffles, lining up at 5am business. The most I tolerate now is try to order online or call.

don't think these will be that hard to cop.   there should be plenty.  but what do i know.   i don't think white J's sell as fast as darker colors.  just my opinion.   maybe if the infrared was a little darker

Uhh looks like Infa on the bottom pic. Top pick is Varsity red from 2 yrs ago

How's the quality in the Infrared Pack pair? I'm considering just picking them up to have a month early since dudes are unloading theirs for dirt cheap

Back
Top Bottom