Nike Air Jumpman Pro retro (Spring 2017)

i had the jumpman pro quick and remember how limited the cushioning was in the og pair. i don't want to imagine how poor a retro would be if jb already did a piss poor job w/ jumpman pro re-retro. it's really sad cause i'm w/ ol' boy from the video; nostalgia will be the main reason i'll buy this poorly constructed re-retro. i didn't even buy a pair from the first time jb retro'd these, but the fact they brought back my favorite cw (blk/wht/gold), it's a must. jumpman all star or select would be another team jordan shoe i wouldn't mind having again!

these might be a surprise hit for da masses ala when da true flights were first out.

or when JB releasesd this inaccurate eddie Jones retro and it caught fire to da non sneakerhead crowd.

AJ%20Jumpman%20Pro%20Quick%20black%20red-2.jpg

Hate that review of these, but I'm glad I seen it.

I remember buying these in high school and dudes were calling them "fake" Jordans. But it was such a comfortable and quality shoe. And I was salty that I missed out on the bred XI so it was cool having a Jordan with that red translucent sole.

Was looking foward to copping this retro, but I'll pass just like I did with the last retro.

Hate that review of these, but I'm glad I seen it.

I remember buying these in high school and dudes were calling them "fake" Jordans. But it was such a comfortable and quality shoe. And I was salty that I missed out on the bred XI so it was cool having a Jordan with that red translucent sole.

Was looking foward to copping this retro, but I'll pass just like I did with the last retro.
Yep. These were not Jordan's, they were jumpnams. And if you tried to call them Jordan's people would say things like fake Jordan's or wannabe Jordan's or poor mans jays.

da team Jordan jumpman backlash didn't really start till a few years later...
Agreed. These were held up to the same esteem as the sigs where I'm from. These,  jumpman team 1s, pro quicks and strongs were playground classics. 

hence why da retro of these team jordans end up selling in pretty decent numbers, cuz, there is a vestige cache of charm da first team Jordans had.

Last edited:
At 140, Im not too happy about the carbon fiber because its a cheapskate move from JB. To me, the CF doesnt really matter as I dont use them for bball anyways, but if JB is going to charge 140 then it should be included. The most important thing to me was the Jumpman facing the correct direction on the left shoe, and JB fixed that from the horrid last retro. Ill wait for discount though, maybe at 80 bucks.

Yep. These were not Jordan's, they were jumpnams. And if you tried to call them Jordan's people would say things like fake Jordan's or wannabe Jordan's or poor mans jays.

People try to re-write things like they were cool back then. Naw b.

The same way we think of team j's now is how it was then.

Now though, people grew up on team j's and had to get the take down model as kid, or had to get a dub zero. So there's a market, because of the nostalgia.

Last edited:

Now though, people grew up on team j's and had to get the take down model as kid, or had to get a dub zero. So there's a market, because of the nostalgia.

Back then some people thought because they werent the newest Jordan, that the shoe was not cool or wearable. Those people were insecure or trying to feel superior to those who couldnt afford them. We had morons back then and we still have morons today, thats one constant that will never change.

But this was always an awesome shoe to me, but by the time they were out I was mostly into Barkleys, and at the time for school, I chose the Super CB for my bball shoe. The problem with Team Jordans now is that they are cheap(materials wise). Give me some with real leather and comfort like back in the late 90s and early 2000s and I might consider them.

Last edited:
Back then some people thought because they werent the newest Jordan, that the shoe was not cool or wearable. Those people were insecure or trying to feel superior to those who couldnt afford them. We had morons back then and we still have morons today, thats one constant that will never change.

But this was always an awesome shoe to me, but by the time they were out I was mostly into Barkleys, and at the time for school, I chose the Super CB for my bball shoe. The problem with Team Jordans now is that they are cheap(materials wise). Give me some with real leather and comfort like back in the late 90s and early 2000s and I might consider them.

Yeah, I regret not getting more outlet and eastbay discounted kicks back then.

At 140, Im not too happy about the carbon fiber because its a cheapskate move from JB. To me, the CF doesnt really matter as I dont use them for bball anyways, but if JB is going to charge 140 then it should be included. The most important thing to me was the Jumpman facing the correct direction on the left shoe, and JB fixed that from the horrid last retro. Ill wait for discount though, maybe at 80 bucks.

Agree with you 100%. The only saving grace is the correct facing jumpman. I was at the outlet years ago at the Block and they had the blk/red for 70. Still couldn't do it....:smh:

It's taking some willpower for me not to buy that black/red IVs inspired pair now that's on shelves. I had the original launch colorway back in the day. I don't know why the pair now is drawing me in. It's got cheap leather and doesn't even have the patent leather or lattice at the heel like the originals.

Damn i was so looking forward to these and now....idk. i had the 2og cw in high school,so i want them so bad!!

i broke down and bought my son and i a pair of the blk/wht/gold. ebates is at 8% for footlocker plus 20% off and free shipping. worst comes to worst, i can always return them. pity that this color is one of my grails and also matches my son's bball uni. i would've bought multiple pairs of these and i retired from collecting many years ago! :rolleyes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom