NIKE AIR MAG 2015

stayblazin41 stayblazin41 just by going on your wording of the previous post. Your Universal connect said Nike requested...silly thought but by chance could Universal denied the request? I mean, stranger things have happened. The Bruin could move regardless.

@stayblazin41 just by going on your wording of the previous post. Your Universal connect said Nike requested...silly thought but by chance could Universal denied the request? I mean, stranger things have happened. The Bruin could move regardless.
I doubt it. And I really can't find out until I see he/she in person. 

Never joined NT but been following the boards for years, and this thread in particular since it started.  I'm a massive BTTF fan and missed out on the 2011 pairs, but the 2011 release is what got me into sneakers.  I literally didn't even know Nike was releasing Retro Jordans before the 2011 Mag event, which prompted me to discover sneaker culture.  Since then I've scored a bunch of Jordan OG retro releases that were near and dear to my heart because I had them as a kid (AJ V, VI, VII). 

Anyway, I remember reading an article (maybe it was a New York Times article that came out around the 2011 release - I can't seem to find it anywhere) that said Nike would release the mags in 2015 with power lacing being released via auction and non power lacing being more of a general release.  The interviewer asked Hatfield whether releasing non power lacing versions would depreciate the value of the 2011 pairs and he said the 2011 pairs would always retain their value and that, besides, the main value to the 2011 pairs would be having them 4 years early.  I've also seen the article where he says they'd never be released again, so who knows. 

Anyway, I've been saving up for a few years for this, so am prepared to drop a few thousand bucks for a pair via auction, but we'll see.  I also contacted one of the Chinese rep makers about the V3 pair they've been advertising (which everyone realizes is just a pair of the 2011 release), and they told me that Nike sent samples to their factory and asked that their factory produce them for Nike, but that they were going to keep more to sell direct.  Take this with a grain of salt, but I figured I'd post it.  Anyway, here's to hoping auctions get announced tomorrow.  My guess is that Nike realizes it can do some good and raise more money for the Michael J. Fox Foundation, and so they are taking the opportunity to do so.  Good luck to everyone if they release, especially the hardcore BTTF fans!   

NIKE always giving A little info, but not the details and are pretty wise and care full with they're words. When you read the article you find your self re-reading it over and over

even certain sentences repeatedly. It could be looked at in many way's of how and when the release procedure would be, Auction/Raffle/TLO/?un-announced drop will happen.

So with that said the Bruins could be the other shoe, or there could also be the possibility of 2 MAGS. Whether it's 1 option power laces, 2nd option 2011 version. Then I got to "thinking" If they gave A purchase option with the 2011 being 1 it would depreciate value of those with the '11 version. Could be packaging options or non-powered version on-line TLO/Raffle/? un-announced drop

and the power lace version be Auction ONLY. WHO KNOWS? I'm tripping right now lol...

Never joined NT but been following the boards for years, and this thread in particular since it started.  I'm a massive BTTF fan and missed out on the 2011 pairs, but the 2011 release is what got me into sneakers.  I literally didn't even know Nike was releasing Retro Jordans before the 2011 Mag event, which prompted me to discover sneaker culture.  Since then I've scored a bunch of Jordan OG retro releases that were near and dear to my heart because I had them as a kid (AJ V, VI, VII). 

Anyway, I remember reading an article (maybe it was a New York Times article that came out around the 2011 release - I can't seem to find it anywhere) that said Nike would release the mags in 2015 with power lacing being released via auction and non power lacing being more of a general release.  The interviewer asked Hatfield whether releasing non power lacing versions would depreciate the value of the 2011 pairs and he said the 2011 pairs would always retain their value and that, besides, the main value to the 2011 pairs would be having them 4 years early.  I've also seen the article where he says they'd never be released again, so who knows. 

Anyway, I've been saving up for a few years for this, so am prepared to drop a few thousand bucks for a pair via auction, but we'll see.  I also contacted one of the Chinese rep makers about the V3 pair they've been advertising (which everyone realizes is just a pair of the 2011 release), and they told me that Nike sent samples to their factory and asked that their factory produce them for Nike, but that they were going to keep more to sell direct.  Take this with a grain of salt, but I figured I'd post it.  Anyway, here's to hoping auctions get announced tomorrow.  My guess is that Nike realizes it can do some good and raise more money for the Michael J. Fox Foundation, and so they are taking the opportunity to do so.  Good luck to everyone if they release, especially the hardcore BTTF fans!   

View media item 1755204

That is usually how it works with the bootleg shoes the Chinese factories release.  They will have a legit pair advertise it and set up a presell on their site (which all has already been done.)  That is what got me to thinking if they got their hands on a real pair it could either be that they bought one so that they could start making bootlegs or they are producing legit pairs for Nike and are going to put their bootleg pairs out as well off of the mold provided by Nike.  Either way it is all speculation to me.  Ifs and whatnot. 

My guess is that Nike realizes it can do some good and raise more money for the Michael J. Fox Foundation, and so they are taking the opportunity to do so.   

I think so too. Nike wants to help Michael J. Fox's foundation and they know the Mag will bring in tons of money for it. I'm convinced these will be another auction with the details being released tomorrow.

I wonder how much the Bruins are going to retail for. And I am little excited these are releasing though—my Halloween costume will be on point. 

Can someone PM me the link for the Mags.  Better yet can someone just buy them for me?  Joined Date 1 second ago. 

Might as well get used to it now though. He's just the start of people signing on for the 1st time and ask for handouts in the next 24 hours! :\

Edit: wow, i barely got that comment out before another one (newb) popped up. ^^ He didnt ask for anything though, not yet. But shouldve read the comments before posting
:lol:

I need an arrow that points down

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom