NIKE AIR MAG 2015

These are actually wmns Tennis Classic's not Bruins, close but the toebox gives it away

Here's the pic before it was Photoshopped red... trolled, that being said I did hear a rumor the og Bruin would be releasing
View media item 1740033
[/q

The white/red Bruins are releasing instead of the Mags. They will come with a special edition BTTF box and a futuristic, clear receipt. They're going to be limited to 2,015 pairs.

You can believe it or not, I really don't care.

I find it hard to believe that these will be releasing 10/21. There have been seemingly no leaked pictures and very, very little details regarding the 2015 release. The last real update was when Tinker was interviewed and confirmed they would be releasing this year.

I could be very wrong, and hope I am. But given the magnitude of this release, it's hard to believe no info has leaked...
Still haven't seen a source on this..

I know Nice Kicks confirmed he said it at Agenda Emerge, but there's no quote or anything.

Hundreds of news outlets and blogs picked it up, only referencing the Nice Kicks hear say

The white/red Bruins are releasing instead of the Mags. They will come with a special edition BTTF box and a futuristic, clear receipt. They're going to be limited to 2,015 pairs.

source?

Oh by the way: Updated replicas were released this week. They currently have every attribute that the originals offer—correct lighting and shape. They're being labeled as "authentic". This usually means authorized Nike factories are producing the shoes as well.

My source had told me this: Nike has requested licensing authorization for both BTTF artwork and the receipt used in the film. They didn't mention anything about licensing on the Mags itself, so I assumed they were just seeking an alternative shoe, which led me to believe the Bertins were to be released.

However, given the release of these new "authentic" or unauthorized replicas, a possible Mag release is still feasible for Oct 21.

Last edited:

These are actually wmns Tennis Classic's not Bruins, close but the toebox gives it away

Here's the pic before it was Photoshopped red... trolled, that being said I did hear a rumor the og Bruin would be releasing

[/q

I was pointing out that the pic posted wasn't Burins just photoshopped tennis classics

I too believe we'll see the return of the Bruin

I"m guessing we've possibly already seen the packaging too :wink:

Oh by the way: Updated replicas were released this week. They currently have every attribute that the originals offer—correct lighting and shape. They're being labeled as "authentic". This usually means authorized Nike factories are producing the shoes as well.

My source had told me this: Nike has requested licensing authorization for both BTTF artwork and the receipt used in the film. They didn't mention anything about licensing on the Mags itself, so I assumed they were just seeking an alternative shoe, which led me to believe the Bertins were to be released.

However, given the release of these new "authentic" or unauthorized replicas, a possible Mag release is still feasible for Oct 21.

Most likely Nike doesn't need to ask for any licensing regarding the MAG because they designed the shoe and it's already been released. All that would be needed would of course be BTTF specific stuff like you mentioned.

But with guys like Jedifyfe doing MAG conversions on the reps, I don't think it really points to anything "official" from Nike. Hell, Kickasso's black/gold MAG made it to rep sites ya know? But I am intersted to see these new versions. Any pics?

Last edited:
Speaking of Jedifyfe! Just stumbled upon this on YouTube.. ha!  
pimp.gif

Speaking of Jedifyfe! Just stumbled upon this on YouTube.. ha!  :pimp:

Yeah I think he posted the link before he got the boot lol. Plus all the conversion tutorials are up as well.

As for the Bruins release...that dude says he has Nike sources so take it for what it's worth. But I couldn't even find the original blurb I read way back.

Holy s*** there are vids for fakes on youtube.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/5mBE2MiMVFITS/200_s.gif

If they don't power lace though I don't see the point in releasing them. Marty said power laces in the movie and Tinker promised power laces in that video. Cmon Nike. Don't go limp on us here.

There are TONS of fake/replica MAG vids all over YouTube. A lot of movie prop guys going for screen accurate versions, dudes telling you which replica pairs are the best to get. I'm not sure MAGs fall into regular sneaker category either. I'm into movie props as well so I know all about those guys being super anal on getting details 100% spot on. I've seen some guys post on the RPF saying the actual Nike release isn't accurate enough to their liking of the pairs used in 1989. Go figure...

Most likely Nike doesn't need to ask for any licensing regarding the MAG because they designed the shoe and it's already been released. All that would be needed would of course be BTTF specific stuff like you mentioned.

But with guys like Jedifyfe doing MAG conversions on the reps, I don't think it really points to anything "official" from Nike. Hell, Kickasso's black/gold MAG made it to rep sites ya know? But I am intersted to see these new versions. Any pics?
View media item 1741309 The updated version is on the left and the older version is on the right.

That's a rep??? Spot on from that pic. I'll see if I can peep the vid.

Yes. As I mentioned in my previous post, when replicas are typically that close that usually means Nike factories are producing the shoe as well. It is also ironic that these "authentic" are being released weeks before Oct 21.

Yes. As I mentioned in my previous post, when replicas are typically that close that usually means Nike factories are producing the shoe as well. It is also ironic that these "authentic" are being released weeks before Oct 21.

I did a little digging and reached out to people. Those are real Nike. Not updated reps. Seems this "comparison" has been popping up all over YouTube.

Vid guy is trolling.

I did a little digging and reached out to people. Those are real Nike. Not updated reps. Seems this "comparison" has been popping up all over YouTube.

Vid guy is trolling.

Trust me—those are really good replicas. Look at the box. Also, there are still a few things off, such as the Nike swoosh.

Thread has devolved into a replicas discussion again.

therefore

*These must be releasing on the 21st*

Last edited:
I'm not sure MAGs fall into regular sneaker category either.

this. they are more of a movie prop than an actual shoe. no point in making real and replica distinctions on mags really. having had the real ones on at one time, they are definitely more of a prop than something you would actually want to wear everyday.

Trust me—those are really good replicas. Look at the box. Also, there are still a few things off, such as the Nike swoosh.
Bro...this is complete nonsense. Go to YouTube, search Nike Mag and limit the search to this week. You'll see a handful of videos of the same lady with the same handles "777a" etc using the SAME pair of REAL size 10 Mags in each "different" video. The box in each video is beat up in the same spots, plus one video she opens up the pamphlet and it has the license plate AND DVD with the promotional videos? :lol: Come on bro, this is laughable. Some Chinese rep maker finally got a real pair and is trying to troll everyone.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom