Nike Air Max 1 iD 2009 Info

as taken from theshoegame.com
One Nike iD that has been in anticipation of it's return is the Air Max 1 iD. With dates of the return scheduled for June, then moved to September, Air Max 1 fans have been befuddled to say the least. Well, rejoice as we have the scoop on the date, new premium materials, shape and why the delay

Grab, flip and mark your calendar to November 15, 2009. This date will be for both in store and online iD. The premium materials heading to this shoe are suede, a splatter midsole, the good Ol' Mesh and the return of an option that hasn't been in the iD studio in over 4 years, 3M. Whether the suede is a LUXE, synthetic or similar to what's on the Air Max 1 "West - Red" is unknown at this time. The splatter may be something similar to the recent Nike Air Max 1 "Lanceiro - Brazil". Keep in mind that some of these materials may change as the date gets closer.

So why the delay? Nike closed down the factory that was responsible for the original manufacturing of the Air Max 1 iD. No clue as to the reason but something will change. Something that fans have been expressing dissatisfaction with. Expect the shape to change for the iDs. This could be a good thing or a bad thing. Whether its going to be like the recent Air Max 1 releases or a new revised shape of the same, is up in the air (no pun intended).

The date is pretty solid but you never know if Nike decides to change it again. Just look at their recent shoe release schedules. Most shoes have come out really early or have changed to really late. Let's hope this iD stays to this date. Stay tuned to TSG for detailed photographs of this new Air Max 1 iD.

-Vagrant-

eek.gif
eek.gif
if true, i cant wait

*shoves $1000 into bank account*

Can't wait... I wonder if the prices will be different if I do an ID in the store like montalban compared to online?

Originally Posted by arisorous

Can't wait... I wonder if the prices will be different if I do an ID in the store like montalban compared to online?

Aris, Prices are either going to be the same or higher. If you go to a store like Montalban, they'll have a variety of selections you want find online(colors, materials).

I've been kicking myself for not making a few pairs of IDs before, I won't make that mistake this time.

All this sounds great but if the colors and sections u can put the colors arent on point it will be pretty much worthless. Lets hope Nike doesnt let us down.Id KILL for sum og style purple AM1'S
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

as taken from theshoegame.com
So why the delay? Nike closed down the factory that was responsible for the original manufacturing of the Air Max 1 iD.

Hmmmm this must be why the shape of the air max 1 has changed. (Just a guess)

Originally Posted by Lou39

Can't wait

How much were these last time they went on ID?
well if you're talking about the first run that had all the great colors, materials, mesh, etc, those were $90 I believe. if you'retalking about the atrocious denim/patent/whatever 87's that were up a year or two ago, those were more like $125 I think. I fully expect these new ones tobe $150. if they're any cheaper, it will be a pleasant surprise.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

Originally Posted by Lou39

Can't wait

How much were these last time they went on ID?
well if you're talking about the first run that had all the great colors, materials, mesh, etc, those were $90 I believe. if you're talking about the atrocious denim/patent/whatever 87's that were up a year or two ago, those were more like $125 I think. I fully expect these new ones to be $150. if they're any cheaper, it will be a pleasant surprise.

That first run was awesome, I ended up scooping two pairs of 95 ...two pairs of AM1 and a pair of AM90...that was when they were letting you make gradientcolor 95s
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

yeah and they allowed discount codes too back then. i slept haaaard on that. I remember looking at it like it was a cool idea, don't know why I never madeany. silly me. now i'll pay for it, haha. and oh man, somebody on NT posted a pair of antifreeze-esque 95 iD's that were just so sick, made me kickmyself extra hard for sleeping.

Still rockin' a few pairs of the $90 iDs as gym beaters, and I still like 'em more than 99% of what's come out in the past half-decade.

If they're $150, Nike can keep 'em.

$120 is do-able.

I hope this turns out well for us. I really don't see why they don't just keep these up full time and add more and more materials and colors.

Originally Posted by L7OSER

All this sounds great but if the colors and sections u can put the colors arent on point it will be pretty much worthless. Lets hope Nike doesnt let us down. Id KILL for sum og style purple AM1'S
pimp.gif
true dat. I'm still not appreciating the new shape and the cracking painted midsoles even though they are more comfortable than the AM1s thathave been produced in Thailand over the past few years. The Chinese factory is slipping on the quality so far....

nohxuf.jpg

I still rock the 1 pair of AM1 ID's that I have, religiously. If the price is right, I can't wait to get more.

very excited to see ANY am come back with mesh and suede as an option. hopefully quality doesn't leave me hanging my head in shame. NIKE, PUT GREY OPTIONSFOR EVERY MATERIAL. that is all i ask.

NT'ers are gonna make it difficult to order a pair in the beginning. I don't care though. I'm still setting money aside for at least 2 pairs.

Back
Top Bottom