Nike Air Max Tempo - SPRING 2012 Retro [CounterKicks.com]

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by El Bro

Originally Posted by HOOPSboy

Wore these twice already. Kids (not grown men who might or do in fact know what these are) looking at my feet like i have some dulled out Concords on. Some kid in Concords "clowned" me in front of his friends at a restaurant the other night and said loud enough so he knew I could him "guess you ain't get Concords so you settled for 2nd best". I smiled and chuckled, which was great because it just made that kid's day thinking that I was laughing at myself along with him.

I'm salty nowadays about kicks and what they have become, I need to get a new perspective! I'm looking at it all glass half empty!

"sneakerheads", SMH

Stupid Kid.  Some people just have no idea.  Its amazing, the sheer ignorance out there these days
i would've told money " these dropped a year before da concords in 1995 you fool, now shut da %!$# up"

roll.gif

Little did those wastes of sperm know is that these kicks were on par with the XI, Air Max Penny, Air Max 95 during that time frame.  They were that damn popular on and off the court.

I visited this spot in the Heights to try them on and the worker kept tryin' to gas em up sayin' that "Deez Webbers ma dude".  Know your facts kids!

Hol up

Can anyone verify the OG release date on these?

Does the WHOLE internet have these labeled wrong as 1995 Uptempos?

I coulda sworn these released in February of 1996.

Hol up

Got the White/Black/Teal and just ordered the White/Obsidian. I wish they would release the original Black colorway.

Got the White/Black/Teal and just ordered the White/Obsidian. I wish they would release the original Black colorway.

Originally Posted by Mr T from the A

Hol up

You might be right.The fall/winter 95 lineup as I remember it was: Air Jordan XI Concord, Air Max Penny I, Air Zoom Flight and the Air Max CW was the full max cushioning shoe. The team shoe was the Air Wayup. I KNOW I had the original teal Air Max Uptempo before my birthday in March of 96, so these shoes came out between Xmas and March. The black/white uptempo and Air Jordan XI black/red came out during the same month.

Originally Posted by Mr T from the A

Hol up

You might be right.The fall/winter 95 lineup as I remember it was: Air Jordan XI Concord, Air Max Penny I, Air Zoom Flight and the Air Max CW was the full max cushioning shoe. The team shoe was the Air Wayup. I KNOW I had the original teal Air Max Uptempo before my birthday in March of 96, so these shoes came out between Xmas and March. The black/white uptempo and Air Jordan XI black/red came out during the same month.

Originally Posted by sho3tym

I love the shoe.

I just can't do that white collar lining.

I see that getting pretty messed up even with normal wear...
Exactly. Really, that's my only issue with the two OG colorways.
As for the grey CW, I'm all over that. Grey lining = winning.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by sho3tym

I love the shoe.

I just can't do that white collar lining.

I see that getting pretty messed up even with normal wear...
Exactly. Really, that's my only issue with the two OG colorways.
As for the grey CW, I'm all over that. Grey lining = winning.
pimp.gif

Gonna be on the lookout for these, most likely hitting outlets but these will be bought one way or another, like a few others here the nostalgia alone is impulse enough...

Gonna be on the lookout for these, most likely hitting outlets but these will be bought one way or another, like a few others here the nostalgia alone is impulse enough...

Just walked into a local spot I frequent here in Toronto, you guys got it lucky, here they are asking $180 CDN for them.

In hand they feel good, was in a hurry to take a detailed look at them but next time I want to make sure about the midsole (painted?, etc)

For sure though the air sole units are smaller
frown.gif

Just walked into a local spot I frequent here in Toronto, you guys got it lucky, here they are asking $180 CDN for them.

In hand they feel good, was in a hurry to take a detailed look at them but next time I want to make sure about the midsole (painted?, etc)

For sure though the air sole units are smaller
frown.gif

These were released around the 96 All Star Game in early 1996....... they were all over the NCAA conf tournaments that year as well......

These were released around the 96 All Star Game in early 1996....... they were all over the NCAA conf tournaments that year as well......

Back
Top Bottom