Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

My two pairs from Hibbett finally moved. Interesting, one shipped from CA and arrives Wednesday, the other from Louisiana and arrives Thursday. Doesn’t matter to me, just seems strange but I’ve never bought from Hibbett before and I know nothing about the company. Regardless, one is going back to get refunded after I bought one without using the 15-percent off code. Will get my real second pair from NDC for “free” with a gift card LOL

These are super dope, nothing needs to be changed aesthetically for me. If they feel like the 2015 Barkley uptempo they will be ok

Just ordered mine from Hibbetts for in-store pick up. Almost had completed the transaction when I remembered about the discount code for newly created account. Going to scoop them up tomorrow when they open.

Picked up my pair from Hibbetts this morning. Took a few shots with the new next to the OG.

15477679-D274-4EC9-9A05-976489336243.jpeg
5059CEF2-B47A-4C1E-B901-3EBAA99F12F9.jpeg
A15B787E-2634-485A-8A44-2FF0FF29192F.jpeg
131D6DD2-DE89-497A-9FC3-D98640A31CEC.jpeg

Last edited:
Are these comfortable, or clunky and feel like bricks like most air Max b-ball shoes?

Are these comfortable, or clunky and feel like bricks like most air Max b-ball shoes?
Probably bricks. I only have a remaining pair of 2011 Teals. Don't know about more recent releases but they are all about the looks. That said, I can wear them all day but there's no real cushion to them. Of course, a nice insole swap can do wonders for "brick" retros ...

So if anyone is interested in actually hooping in these, here is my review.
Because we are all different, here is a bit of background about myself:
- I'm a older baller (40+) 6'1" 210 lbs - but not a statue on the court. I can still get up and down and cut and slash.
- play 3-4 times per week, pick-up only (no leagues) at a Big 10 University Rec Center
- Had the OGs of these - 2 pairs of this colorway and also 2 pair of the teal colorway.
- current kicks rotation: KD 8 (3 pairs), 2017 Hyperdunk Low, 2016 Adidas Crazylight Low (2 pairs), 2012 Hyperdunk Mid (2 pairs), plus an occasional appearance of one of my favorites like the 2K5 or Kobe V.
- favorite performance kicks of all time: Huarache 2k5, Kobe V, KD 8
- always wear Nike ELITE socks when playing
I got to play in these for the first time today - and they are not BRICKS. Cushion is very firm, but not hard - similar to the 2017 Hyperdunks. My KD 8s are very cushy and have lots of give, where the Uptempos are much firmer. The upper was actually the stiffer part of the shoe and not the cushioning. Really hope they uppers break in and soften up. These are heavy, similar to my CrazyLight lows - you can definitely feel the weight difference between these and my KD 8s.
Traction was great with no issues ( the courts I play on are almost always clean). Court feel is higher than modern shoes, but I had no problems with stability. And I didn't notice that I was wearing retro shoes with an older design. There is a reason these are classics.

Overall I am happier than I thought I would be with these. I don't wear bball shoes casually, so if these didn't work out for playing, I would have sent them back. But I will definitely add these to the rotation, as I assume that both the bottom cushioning and the upper will soften up a bit , which will make these better. Since I use a rotation, I can handle the extra weight when wearing them occasionally, and switch to something else when I want to go lighter or softer. Love the nostalgia of them, and the silhouette has always been my favorite of all-time (these and the 2K5s), the colorway is maybe my favorite as well - plus on a couple of pull-up jumpers in transition, it felt like it did some 20+ years ago.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

Great review!! Saw these in person and I love them. Check your local Hibbetts for these and also mine had a sale on Pippen Jerseys (96 all stars, black red, gold and red)

Got my first pair from Hibbett today, a day early. So sick. I'm not going to wear this pair, though, until my second Hibbett pair arrives either tomorrow or Thursday. The left shoe has some frayed stitching in a couple of places, so I'm going to see if the other pair is better, then send back the lesser of the two. If the other pair is somehow even worse, that's fine, it's super minor. But since I was only ever going to keep one of the Hibbett pairs, anyway, I may as well wait at this point to see if the next pair is a bit nicer. After all of this time waiting, another two days isn't going to matter LOL

Got my first pair from Hibbett today, a day early. So sick. I'm not going to wear this pair, though, until my second Hibbett pair arrives either tomorrow or Thursday. The left shoe has some frayed stitching in a couple of places, so I'm going to see if the other pair is better, then send back the lesser of the two. If the other pair is somehow even worse, that's fine, it's super minor. But since I was only ever going to keep one of the Hibbett pairs, anyway, I may as well wait at this point to see if the next pair is a bit nicer. After all of this time waiting, another two days isn't going to matter LOL
Got pics

So if anyone is interested in actually hooping in these, here is my review.
Because we are all different, here is a bit of background about myself:
- I'm a older baller (40+) 6'1" 210 lbs - but not a statue on the court. I can still get up and down and cut and slash.
- play 3-4 times per week, pick-up only (no leagues) at a Big 10 University Rec Center
- Had the OGs of these - 2 pairs of this colorway and also 2 pair of the teal colorway.
- current kicks rotation: KD 8 (3 pairs), 2017 Hyperdunk Low, 2016 Adidas Crazylight Low (2 pairs), 2012 Hyperdunk Mid (2 pairs), plus an occasional appearance of one of my favorites like the 2K5 or Kobe V.
- favorite performance kicks of all time: Huarache 2k5, Kobe V, KD 8
- always wear Nike ELITE socks when playing
I got to play in these for the first time today - and they are not BRICKS. Cushion is very firm, but not hard - similar to the 2017 Hyperdunks. My KD 8s are very cushy and have lots of give, where the Uptempos are much firmer. The upper was actually the stiffer part of the shoe and not the cushioning. Really hope they uppers break in and soften up. These are heavy, similar to my CrazyLight lows - you can definitely feel the weight difference between these and my KD 8s.
Traction was great with no issues ( the courts I play on are almost always clean). Court feel is higher than modern shoes, but I had no problems with stability. And I didn't notice that I was wearing retro shoes with an older design. There is a reason these are classics.

Overall I am happier than I thought I would be with these. I don't wear bball shoes casually, so if these didn't work out for playing, I would have sent them back. But I will definitely add these to the rotation, as I assume that both the bottom cushioning and the upper will soften up a bit , which will make these better. Since I use a rotation, I can handle the extra weight when wearing them occasionally, and switch to something else when I want to go lighter or softer. Love the nostalgia of them, and the silhouette has always been my favorite of all-time (these and the 2K5s), the colorway is maybe my favorite as well - plus on a couple of pull-up jumpers in transition, it felt like it did some 20+ years ago.

Let me know if you guys have any questions.

huarache 2k5 were soooo :nthat:

first shoe i dunked in

I'll post a couple later tonight when I'm home from the office.

huarache 2k5 were soooo :nthat:
Man, how in the hell I never bought the black toe pair, I can't even explain to this day. White and black Jordans tend to be my favorites of all, and I'm a sucker for any shoe with an XI-style toe. So why I never pulled the trigger on these bad boys, I'll never know. Bring 'em back, Nike.
2k5.jpg

Still have 2 pair of the black toe 2k5, one for indoor, one for outdoor, plus 3 more pair. At one point I had 14-15 pairs of the 2k5 - almost all the general releases and a bunch of TBs, and even ID’d a pair!

Back
Top Bottom