Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

gettyimages-74924131-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-513201586-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-822462262-2048x2048.jpg

gettyimages-56382349-2048x2048.jpg

kg1-620x412.jpg

That pair needs to drop too

I want the OG Black/White pair, I hope those release
Yeah, the "KG" pair and the simple white/black pair would be much welcomed.
The teals just re-released, what, in 2015? Dang, was it really four years ago? Or I think it was late 2015, so 3.5 years ago. Which was four years since they released in late 2011. So I guess it's not out of the question Nike could drop them again soon.
It's funny but after all of these years, seeing and wearing my Chicagos yesterday ... it really hit me that this is probably my favorite Nike basketball silhouette of all time. If someone told me I had to clear out my entire closet and could only keep two retro hoop styles, these and the concords would be it. And I've never owned loads of pairs of these, either. But the shape, the colorblocking, the overall design ... it's basically perfect and is the ultimate representation of mid-'90s Nike bball. It somehow manages to be big and over the top yet not silly and still sleek. I need more. Whenever I see this shoe, be it in photos or even better, on someone's feet, I can't stop staring at it LOL

Footlocker saying the white black and red pair in stores Saturday
Yeah, that seems to be the official RD. Footlocker had them on its site for a day or three but pulled them, probably because Nike or someone in corporate realized they aren't supposed to sell them until the 15th. Glad Hibbett just went ahead and posted them last week. I'm hoping NDC puts them up on Saturday, I have a gift card I'm going to use on a second pair of the Chicagos.

7615D3C7-7066-48B0-A6C2-A993C94BE4AA.jpeg
Always wanted the white-black-blue pair. One of my favorite players, Todd Burgan, rocked ‘em in the NCAAs back in ‘96
Damn, that's a blast from the past. I didn't play in the same league as him but I saw him play in HS. Nice Throwback Thursday, dude.

It changes the shoe. :smh:

Total garbage move, Nike.
It does, but it doesn't dull my enthusiasm for them one bit. In fact, other than wanting to be true to the OG for emotional reasons, I'm honestly not sure I don't objectively like the way they look better this way. I'm almost surprised more people aren't *****ing more about the lack of a red airbag than they are about the toe. Either way, I'm buying at least one more pair of this colorway. But you knew that already :lol:

It does, but it doesn't dull my enthusiasm for them one bit. In fact, other than wanting to be true to the OG for emotional reasons, I'm honestly not sure I don't objectively like the way they look better this way. I'm almost surprised more people aren't *****ing more about the lack of a red airbag than they are about the toe. Either way, I'm buying at least one more pair of this colorway. But you knew that already :lol:
Look at all those pictures of the ogs above. I mean it’s a great shoe so it won’t kill the design but damn, it was not meant to look that way. It’s supposed to have that widows peak type look not a split toe like the Barkley/air up. The airbag color and size are much less of an issue.

Look at all those pictures of the ogs above. I mean it’s a great shoe so it won’t kill the design but damn, it was not meant to look that way. It’s supposed to have that widows peak type look not a split toe like the Barkley/air up. The airbag color and size are much less of an issue.
Dude, I know what it is supposed to look like. If you know me on here you know I HATE when Nike does this ****. JB even more so.
On THIS shoe, all I can say is, personally, looking down at these on my feet right now, nothing about them bums me out. They are sick. I honestly don't know if aesthetically I think the OG toe treatment looks better or not. I like the way they look with the split toe. Airbag color is actually more egregious to me than the toe. Just my opinion, and I respect yours. Would prefer the OG treatment but it's pretty minor to me. Pics don't do these justice on here, don't pass on them just because of the toe if you like this colorway of the 95s.

Dude, I know what it is supposed to look like. If you know me on here you know I HATE when Nike does this ****. JB even more so.
On THIS shoe, all I can say is, personally, looking down at these on my feet right now, nothing about them bums me out. They are sick. I honestly don't know if aesthetically I think the OG toe treatment looks better or not. I like the way they look with the split toe. Airbag color is actually more egregious to me than the toe. Just my opinion, and I respect yours. Would prefer the OG treatment but it's pretty minor to me. Pics don't do these justice on here, don't pass on them just because of the toe if you like this colorway of the 95s.
I hear you. It’s not enough to make me pass. I’m still excited for these but for me these are one of 2 that got away (the other is the og air up and I’m trying to forget that debacle of a retro they gave those).

I was young at the time like 10-11. I had the og navy pair but I remember seeing the og Pippen pair at world foot locker back in the day and I was so mad at the time that I already had the navy pair. It wasn’t like my parents were gonna buy me another pair of $125 shoes that year. My school colors were bulls colors too so made it that much worse.

It’s whatever at this point. I just really wanted og treatment. Details matter to me.

I hear you. It’s not enough to make me pass. I’m still excited for these but for me these are one of 2 that got away (the other is the og air up and I’m trying to forget that debacle of a retro they gave those).

I was young at the time like 10-11. I had the og navy pair but I remember seeing the og Pippen pair at world foot locker back in the day and I was so mad at the time that I already had the navy pair. It wasn’t like my parents were gonna buy me another pair of $125 shoes that year. My school colors were bulls colors too so made it that much worse.

It’s whatever at this point. I just really wanted og treatment. Details matter to me.

Man ...
I was 19 in college when these came out. Was obsessed with MJ, Pip and the Bulls. Was a big-time (in terms of hobbies) hooper back then. I lived in metro Detroit and this colorway was never around in the stores there. Seemed like a CHI exclusive. I was a counselor that summer at my former HS coach's annual bball camp, and a kid about five years younger than me who I knew from our school came in wearing them. I said, where did you get those? He said, my parents took me to Chicago for the weekend LOL. This was obviously before online shopping options and all of that. I was so bummed.
That's my backstory on these. I definitely want it the OG way but I am too old on this one (and a few others) to get too bent about it. So I'm just gonna love these :lol:
BUT ... they are still sick. And now after wearing them, they are actually pretty damn comfy. The soles have flex/ compression to them. Not the crappy bricks they have dropped before.

For those who have a pair are they TTS?? Or should I go half a size up....
They are for me, but then again, 99.9 percent of Nikes and Jordans are TTS for me. They might seem narrow at first but I can't imagine sizing up.

Thanks went TTS!!! Super pumped takes me back to high school days. Lol crossing fingers for the teals to release

Day one cop for me. Will probably go on sale eventually, but I’m wearing them ASAP. Will just cop another pair cheaper later.

Back
Top Bottom