Nike Air Max Uptempo '95 Retro Vol. Duncan, Garnett, Pippen

damn rainking you and I think quite alike with your list :lol::lol:

The Maestro retro is so overdue it's laughable at this point.
I've never understood why that shoe hasn't been done even once. Meanwhile, the Maestro 2 has had multiple releases. Like, say what, Nike? It's absurd and was even more of a slap in the face when Nike itself did this story about how important that shoe is, yet still no retro:
https://news.nike.com/news/inside-access-1992-s-nike-air-maestro-i

Black toe 14’s came out recently though.

I thought it was a decent retro.
It was almost five years ago. And it was when JB was still playing that game of making everything difficult to get, which I had grown more than tired of at the time so I skipped it. Regardless, JB seems to re-retro things every 5-7 years, so we might be approaching the window where another release is possible. I'm more concerned about the white/red 12s, though. Why they are sitting on those for so long, I've no idea. It's beyond time for them to return.

Got home so I could check out pair No. 2. Solid build quality, I'm happy. Now I just need one of the incoming two pairs to be solid. Least solid pair goes back, and it's a wrap. Unless there's some unknown upcoming release of one of the few random Nike models I'm always hoping will return, my credit card will be taking a sneaker hiatus until the 11s in December.
Things that would change that:
--OG 11 IE black/red
--Flight Maestro 1
--Air Force Max (Fab Five)
--Flight Huarache done correctly
--White/red 12
--Black toe 14
--OG White/blue 17
--OG Carolina low 17
--'96 Air Max Triax white/blue/black

I think I'm safe :lol:

Your list is the truth buddy! I'm dying for a Maestro 1 retro, a true Flight Huarache retro (in the proper shape) and a Fab Five Air Force Max retro.

Your list is the truth buddy! I'm dying for a Maestro 1 retro, a true Flight Huarache retro (in the proper shape) and a Fab Five Air Force Max retro.
:lol:
I think that list is a good indicator of how old we are.
I'd also add to it: OG Air Raid retro (my 08 pair has cracks in the toes), and the Air Flight Lite 1 and 2 lows that Pip wore. My ultimate dream that will never happen is for Nike to retro the black/white/red Pippen 1 PE with the Zoom like Scottie wore. There are other things I'd re-up on, like black/white/blue Penny 1s, but not a ton. The past few years have delivered a boatload of stuff I had been waiting years for.

While we’re on the subject, I’m still waiting for the white/blue Penny 1s to see the light of day again.
I had those back in the day. Played in them a few times and the heel of the outsole peeled off of the airbag. Returned them. To tell you the truth, I never liked them that much even when I got them, always seemed way too plain to me. Much prefer the "away" black OG colorway. Still have my ''06s (I think that's the year) in pristine shape. I wear them once in a while, always waiting for the sole to fall off LOL

I think these looks better with the silver bubble rather than the OG red. Some things aren’t better as the original. Materials wise of course it goes to the OG. Still super happy I have them

I think these looks better with the silver bubble rather than the OG red. Some things aren’t better as the original. Materials wise of course it goes to the OG. Still super happy I have them
I sort of agree the more I look at them. I wanted the red but at times it can look like overkill. The silver (actually it's more white) bubble is a clean look.
Like I said before, I don't even know which toe treatment I prefer, OG or this one. I almost think I like this more when I look down at them. But it was just unnecessary to make these changes in the first place. Had this version been the OG, no one would ever have complained. It's just the principle--like, why?
Anyway, it's sick. Now we need the Pip Uptempo 97s ...

Last edited:
D4CD63F9-B64A-4B02-A948-0DD2F48400B1.jpeg

I’d pay retail for these but ima see if I can get em for $100
They might very well hit that. Who knows? Thankful I had been sitting on an NDC gift card. I now have three pairs of these in my hands. With the gift card on the NDC pair and also Hibbett's sign-up discount and subsequent sale, I spent $306 delivered for the three. So $102 per pair including CA tax? Pretty sure I won't ever beat that, or at least not by anything significant.
I still have another pair coming from Hibbett. The three pairs I have are solid but one has a couple of very minor flaws. If the Hibbett pair is better, it stays. If not, it goes. Either way I'm good, and one pair is going back to NDC for full price refund. This is amazing. I'm so happy the beasts don't care about these. But they are missing out. Like you said, I would have paid retail for three pairs and never looked back. That's how ridiculous these are. Any disco is a massive bonus. :nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat::nthat:

Back
Top Bottom