Nike Air VaporMax

I'm going to go ape on this shoe. Love it!!

Last edited:

Took the CDG Vapormax for a proper go around Soho this morning - I needed a consolation prize after yesterday's L on the OG AM1.

The first real world observation made was that they are loud. Not as annoying as when you go into a store after a rain. But noticeable.

Overall comfort is high but can't say how comfortable they are compared to Boosts. I think cored out sole AF1s are the most comfortable at the moment. You can feel the air tubes/piping/whatever all over. Pretty well balanced on the varying terrain of Soho. Decent grip. Would avoid gaping grates.

Happy with them and didn't notice the lack of laces. Fit is pretty snug and TTS but YMMV. Curious how these feel versus the laced ones.

Last edited:
Took the CDG Vapormax for a proper go around Soho this morning - I needed a consolation prize after yesterday's L on the OG AM1.

The first real world observation made was that they are loud. Not as annoying as when you go into a store after a rain. But noticeable.

Overall comfort is high but can't say how comfortable they are compared to Boosts. I think cored out sole AF1s are the most comfortable at the moment. You can feel the air tubes/piping/whatever all over. Pretty well balanced on the varying terrain of Soho. Decent grip. Would avoid gaping grates.

Happy with them and didn't notice the lack of laces. Fit is pretty snug and TTS but YMMV. Curious how these feel versus the laced ones.

Hows the traction? One thing I couldn't figure out with reg AM2011 and above, is how they are so slippery on wet pavement. They seem terrifyingly slippery on even lightly wet surfaces, when compared to any other Nike shoe I own.

Traction seems okay but it's pretty dry today. Probably won't wear them out if it's been wet or will be wet.

Traction is fine on the regular vapors. Even over slushy/wet roads. They are noisy, in a "squishy" rubber sort of way

Those with "sensitive" or finicky feet might find the sensation of feeling those air units ("bumps" and ridges and all) through the new thin flexible midsole a bit annoying to uncomfortable. Esp when running, since there is no foam. There is a lot of wiggle room in the forefoot. Might just be a tad too wide for those with narrow (fore-) feet. Midfoot is locked down tight, (too tight even, esp if you have high volume there) by the fly wire. Heel lockdown is excellent.

Source? My understanding is that the whites and more blacks will release.
my bad.. saw it on hb china: 

The COMME des GARÇONS x NikeLab Air VaporMax is set to re-release in limited quantities exclusively at COMME des GARÇONS and DSM stores in the near future. The shoes will also hit Hong Kong retailer I.T shortly after.

my bad.. saw it on hb china: 

The COMME des GARÇONS x NikeLab Air VaporMax is set to re-release in limited quantities exclusively at COMME des GARÇONS and DSM stores in the near future. The shoes will also hit Hong Kong retailer I.T shortly after.
To clarify, DSM and CDG restocked the black VMs last week.

Back
Top Bottom