Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

Wilson Solution is the best Ball right now.

I’m just interested to see if the Evo NXT is actually an improvement over the trash Evo.

Boosty

IMG_20190626_145004869.jpg

The AlphaDunks are intriguing That forefoot zoom looks great. I've seen rumors the AlphaDunks will also have heel zoom (maybe even double stacked). I'm excited for a low version if they have heel zoom too...

Also difference in cushion between the Kobe 1 Protro and KD 12

Kinda felt like the Kobe 1 cushion wasn’t that great.

Can someone explain in detail the difference in cushion( personal experience) between the Lebron 16 and KD 12?

Lebron 16 - Max Zoom Air are typically going to be more for impact protection. You don't feel it walking around. It isn't until you land, plant, or do an explosive first step that you really feel it. Consider who the shoe is made for and it makes sense. If you tried the 15s, the cushioning reacts the same way.

Protro 1 - More of a balanced cushion setup than a max. I wasn't blown away by the cushioning but it makes sense for what it's trying to do, which is be a well rounded performer. I feel the zoom relatively easily, just not a super plush setup.

KD12 - Even if you're a zoom fan, it'll be a new experience. At home I was disappointed initially but during my first shootaround it opened up and you feel it in every step. It gives you the most bounce while also maintaining a low to the ground feel unlike say, the KD 11 or the Lebron 15.

KD 12 is one of my favs up there with the Jordan 29 low.

Btw.. if anyone interested go check it out. Old footlocker stock I guess. Still steep even for
Marshall’s

FB41A4CF-AF24-40D0-BBD3-23CA111F992F.jpeg

Added these to the rotation last week. Pretty solid. Wish I went .5 up before ordering them.

Attachments

• 4C870FA7-98F5-4037-BD83-057C3C83B51C.jpeg
    4C870FA7-98F5-4037-BD83-057C3C83B51C.jpeg
    419.2 KB · Views: 34
Added these to the rotation last week. Pretty solid. Wish I went .5 up before ordering them.
Can’t gowrong with the PG1.

Traction is beastly and the fit really feels like an extension of your leg. Only problem i have is the midsole cushion is too stiff at times. Sometimes my feet hurt and sometimes it don’t. It’s weird. If the zoom was top loaded it would help with that

Whats up, fellow hoopers! This is my favorite thread on NT.

I believe I am the first in this thread to bring these up, but I copped a pair of the Hyperdunk X a few weeks ago for $47 from a clearance outlet. From an aesthetic perspective, these couldn't be more boring imho. I rocked the 2016 and 2017 models, and those they were so different from a cushioning/break-in/performance standpoint. But after several indoor and outdoor hoops sessions I have been thoroughly impressed with how these are working out. I am big on court feel and traction, but now that I am officially in my late 30’s; cushioning setup becomes more important. The forefoot and heel zoom set up is done so well in these, and i feel like it is the perfect mix of what is great about the previous two Hyperdunk models.

C3EA3A67-E6D5-4874-9A52-655ACC954DEE.jpeg
B0AFAF94-4A7D-4794-AC3F-4B48FED2D868.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom