Nike Basketball (any brand) Rotation/Performance Reviews

6238761E-1D2F-4A97-804D-A052C980E94F.jpeg
Broke these out of the box today!

Got a chance to take a pic of the “just in case/semi retired” shoes. Keep the hyperfuse and kd 8 in the trunk of the cars just in case I’m somewhere and people need to get this work . Needless to say they haven’t gotten any run in a while (shot around in the 8 a couple weeks back) haha. OG Hyperdunks are retired. Shot around in them a couple months ago and realized I probably can’t run in them anymore. Probably just keep them to shoot around in once every blue moon.

3745FA7E-2455-4148-B50B-057F3722B3B5.jpeg
AB656DC2-4480-4C72-A06A-72E013253D11.jpeg

Keep the hyperfuse and kd 8 in the trunk of the cars just in case I’m somewhere and people need to get this work.

Oh, you one of those type people.

Nice hyperdunks i have the all black retro, only crack them out for warmups and shoot arounds. I brought them a size up and they play horrible for me. Lesson learned.

BC703A7A-1C86-4DD0-814F-54100A56EE76.jpeg

Last edited:
Oh, you one of those type people.

Nice hyperdunks i have the all black retro, obly crack them out for warmups and shoot arounds. I brought them a size up and they play horrible for me. Lesson learned.

Honestly, I'm not:rofl:. I was never elite. I was your average high school varsity rotation player. :lol::lol: I'm 35, married with 3 kids and a career. I can't hoop like that anymore. I'm a weekend warrior, if that. I just genuinely love hoop and am always willing to play. I always kept a basketball and shoes in the car when I was younger and just kept up the habit until now. Keeping a pair of hoop kicks in the cars also freed up 2 spaces in the closet for me to buy new kicks. The wifey hasn't picked up on that yet. lol.

My OG Hyperdunks are still ok but with the lunar bottoming out and with shoes having better tech now, it's hard to throw them into rotation.
Have to stay ready.

That one day that you don’t have shoes in the trunk is the same day that some no talent a**hat with a big mouth says he can ball you up thinking that you aren’t prepared to prove otherwise :lol:

EXACTLY.

Currently hooping in some throwbacks...

Kobe 9 EM and LeBron 10.

100% picking up the KD 12’s on April 1st for my spring league that starts up soon.

This an old pic but i was balling in these yesterday. The soles have completely rubbed away and are ripping these are go to
“Give em work” shoes.
EB65282E-A9E2-4BB3-BFF7-3F973F03B086.jpeg

1v1 with a trash talker.
Next point wins, so i hit him with a game winner behind the arc.
2DAD0105-3589-4D6E-9D5C-02FC13B03A5B.jpeg

11589C52-D0CF-4727-B867-4408FB530D3D.jpeg

I really wish the Rose 7s worked out for me. Love the aethetics and tech of the shoe. Just didn't fit my foot well.

what was it specifically that didn't work? i have a regular width foot and after the first two wears, my arches on the lateral sides of my feet hurt like a mf'er. but hooped in them again yesterday and today and they performed great. played on a dusty court and i was sticking like glue. noticed a couple of other guys slipping in the kd9s and pg2.5s fwiw. boost also felt more plush than my other boost shoes like the harden 3s.

Good idea but people usually give their reviews on the actual thread of said shoe

true, that's what i've been doing too. but those threads gets buried with release date info, casual wearer comments, pe and nike id photos, etc. for someone like me who buys a lot of performance kicks, a thread specific to performance talk and reviews would be dope.

I like the performance thread idea, I'll give it a first shot:

Nike Hyperdunk X Mid
Pros:
Zoom air is back again with units in the forefoot and heel. There's cutouts for the "trampoline" effect from the previous generation but I don't think it does much. This is a good setup for balanced impact protection and court feel.
Fit is consistent, I did not have to worry about sizing down or up.
Support is great on the mid, initially the ankle felt rigid because I was coming from playing in PG2's but got used to it quickly.
Small outrigger and a wide flat base make the shoe stable and not tippy.
Materials are mainly mesh but its rigid so your foot never slides off the footbed.​
Cons:
The laces are long and do not stay secure, I always have to retie my right shoe for some reason.
Traction could be better. It's improved since breaking in but I've slipped on a first step numerous times.​
Recommendation:
The Hyperdunk line has generally been consistently great, its not flashy but it works as a every man shoe with no glaring flaws. If you're looking for a sub $100 pair of shoes, the HDX is hard to beat.​
About me:
6'2, 200-205 pounds, 34 years old. Favorite all time ball shoe: Nike Air Max 180 BB.
Next pickup is either the LeBron 16 or KD12 depending on how the KD12 performs on court.​

Attachments

• 20190327_205612.jpg
    20190327_205612.jpg
    223.9 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190327_215530.jpg
    20190327_215530.jpg
    193.7 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
I like the idea. How about we turn it into both? Post a pic of your current rotation or the current pair you are hooping in (if you stick to one pair) and give us all some feedback on a pair or the pair that your currently hooping in. Love seeing what other people rock and if your like me it’s cool to hear how the shoe performs before you drop 150-200 on a performance shoe. Doing either or is fine too lol...I’m not the boss.

Good idea but people usually give their reviews on the actual thread of said shoe

90% of the folks in those threads are looking to buy Lebron 16’s for casual wear and looking for a matching t shirt.

true, that's what i've been doing too. but those threads gets buried with release date info, casual wearer comments, pe and nike id photos, etc. for someone like me who buys a lot of performance kicks, a thread specific to performance talk and reviews would be dope.

Bingo

Back
Top Bottom